Sign in to follow this  
Mukaparska

Why does this happen every single time?

Have you looked at the "heat" maps of player activity before and after the patch?

The CLE isn't complete, they are going to assign items to buildings eventually with a rare chance of stuff spawning outside those buildings.  Which sounds good.

What I don't like is that you're as likely to find grenades in an outhouse currently as you are in a mil tent/base.  Mil bases should have more military gear than civilian places, that just makes sense.  Creating points of interest in terms of loot dictates map flow in a way that makes sense, not "hey maybe I'll find a plate carrier in any one of these houses, so why should I even bother going to vybor base?" or whatever.  That's not how it's supposed to be, pretending that the system is complete and jumping to the conclusion that I don't like it is pretty ignorant.

You missed my point and you neglect the obvious facts. Not surprising.

I never said the CLE was complete... why are you making stuff up?

Once the CLE is working as intended, YES some places will have higher spawn probability for item types but those items will still have a chance to spawn COMPLETELY RANDOMLY in other places.

Hicks - "...that M4 in a barn..."

After an iteration of the CLE is launched that works properly, all areas you think of as hotspots will be picked clean first forcing loot OF ALL KINDS to spawn more plentifully in unlooted areas like secluded rural areas and lesser touched small military spawns.

I doubt mod style DM at the Stary tents will be common come 1.0.

Can you imagine how the game might play once feature complete and polished or do you imagine the mod or something?

Edit:

Avoiding hotspots is a BIG way the long term survivors actually SURVIVE.

Super careful risk/reward based looting will be rewarded over the long term when you find military goodies in those odd places.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I have a goal for you.  See how many game bugs you can report in a week and then try to break that record!

Love the seymore skinner school of alpha testing motivation lol

You missed my point and you neglect the obvious facts. Not surprising.

I never said the CLE was complete... why are you making stuff up?

Once the CLE is working as intended, YES some places will have higher spawn probability for item types but those items will still have a chance to spawn COMPLETELY RANDOMLY in other places.

Hicks - "...that M4 in a barn..."

After an iteration of the CLE is launched that works properly, all areas you think of as hotspots will be picked clean first forcing loot OF ALL KINDS to spawn more plentifully in unlooted areas like secluded rural areas and lesser touched small military spawns.

I doubt mod style DM at the Stary tents will be common come 1.0.

Can you imagine how the game might play once feature complete and polished or do you imagine the mod or something?

I missed your point because your point has no relevance to my original post.  You also don't seem to understand what the CLE is actually supposed to be/how it is supposed to function.  I suggest you reread the post about the m4, and do more research.  

You took a single sentence out of my post, pretty much out of context, and are trying to start an argument about it.  My point was the old hot spots are gone, so I'm not qualified to tell the OP where the new ones are, if there even are any.

It's funny that you talk about trolls then proceed to troll the forums.  If you wanna talk about the CLE take it to one of the other million threads beating that dead horse, or PM me about it.  This thread isn't for that.

- -snip-I haven't played the recent patch because it's shit, and to my understanding loot is just randomly spawning now making particular hotspots of old less attractive at the moment, but I'm sure there's still some. 

And then the rest of your post is about easiest/safest rinse and repeat gameplay geared towards PvP which the OP has little interest in.

He doesn't want a typical FPS experience with a broken DayZ skin.

I took the above snip as a direct jab at the current early iteration of the CLE (that is far from complete) which I'm free to reference just about anywhere in the general discussion section I would think.

I don't argue just to argue here, man.

Though I will vehemently debate what I understand as fact.

Edited by BioHaze

Also stop playing on public servers. Half of their current population when you join the server can be attributed to fresh spawns and server hoppers.

I Think that's true but they are also hangouts for ass wipes that imagine themselves to be slayers  and further imagine that the new-spawns and semi geared up players that are mostly new as well are dangerous so in that way they can suck their own dicks congratulating themselves on their awesome combat skills.  But I have also met some good people on public servers I helped a cool new-spawn run around and and get geared up just I was helped once by a damn good player when I was new. Unfortunately those instances of civil behavior seem to be getting less frequent

Have some beans :beans: .    

I Think that's true but they are also hangouts for ass wipes that imagine themselves to be slayers  and further imagine that the new-spawns and semi geared up players that are mostly new as well are dangerous so in that way they can suck their own dicks congratulating themselves on their awesome combat skills.  But I have also met some good people on public servers I helped a cool new-spawn run around and and get geared up just I was helped once by a damn good player when I was new. Unfortunately those instances of civil behavior seem to be getting less frequent

Have some beans :beans: .    

Private servers are a lot less ridiculous. Players are more likely to avoid conflict because most of them took more than an hour or two to get geared up. Doesn't mean it's all candy though. And since if you've been playing on the server for awhile people start to know who you are. If you value the server your going to try harder to not piss off the locals. There are some servers with NoKos and RP rules that are actually enforcing them...albeit poorly. I was banned for being UnRP even tho I was entirely justified in attacking a guy in a pink dress that was chasing me.

• Like 1

I was banned for being UnRP even tho I was entirely justified in attacking a guy in a pink dress that was chasing me.

Hell I would have shot the SOB too Bro. The problem with private servers is that there always seems to be a central clique. Crowded public servers can be good because you have the freedom to do as you please and there is nothing wrong with some PVP or even some KoS 

For killing the freak in the dress have some Beans :beans:

I was playing DayZ a few days ago. I was fully geared with tons of ammo. I entered an inland town. Can't remember the name. It was about 5-10 minutes southeast of Vybor. Seemed pretty quiet. But then I heard a can cracked open followed by drinking. Then munching. Then the sound of ammo or rags being combined. Too many sounds back to back to be a glitch. So I crouch walked around. Suddenly....crack! The sound of a single shot whizzing by me. I couldn't tell what direction it came from, so I ran. I stopped. Peeked around corners to see if I could catch some movement.

Screw it. I couldn't tell where he was, so I ran and ran and ran. Occasionally stopping behind a tree to peek around and see if he was following me.

Man, I love DayZ. So what if I didn't get a shot off. My adrenaline was pumping. I was having me some fun! It's moments like these that make all the running around worth while.

Can't wait to play again.

It's because there's absolutely 0 thought put into end game scenarios. It's why I stopped playing. If geared players weren't so bored, yet terrified of getting shot in the back of the head and losing everything they've worked for... If there was anything in-game that was worth risking your high-end gear for, this wouldn't happen every time. But as it stands, with high fear and no incentive to incur risk, it becomes a cycle of gearing up and losing it all while trying to figure out why the hell you geared up in the first place.

I've heard the whole "anti-game" argument, and it's just not worth my time. I have many solutions to this end-game problem, but I won't share them here because I'm prototyping them in my own game.