Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Question

A friend told me that you can die if you go too long with ruined shoes, or no shoes at all.

Is this true?

I believe you lose health when you walk/run with no shoes/ruined shoes, but I remember reading somewhere it stops draining when you reach 1000 health.

I never wore shoes when I played.  You lose health but not blood, as evidenced by my character consistently having a "weak pulse."  You don't die from it however, or get knocked out etc.  I'm a bit hazy on specifics of the health system, but I believe you only die when you have no blood.  Having no health will knock you out.  CharliePow's comment about it stopping at 1000 seems like it's probably accurate.

Any ways, not really recommended as you'll likely get knocked out faster when you do take damage, but in and of itself it won't kill you.

Your search for the term dying without shoes returned 54 results....

Edited by WilBischof
  • Like 1

Your search for the term dying without shoes returned 54 results....

I guess its 55 now. It shouldn't really be a problem. Just another topic for someone to read through.  Who knows how many lifes I just saved.

• Like 1

I guess its 55 now. It shouldn't really be a problem. Just another topic for someone to read through. Who knows how many lifes I just saved.

I guess its 55 now. It shouldn't really be a problem. Just another topic for someone to read through.  Who knows how many lifes I just saved.

Just... gotta.... lives*

Hello there

Whilst the search engine does pop up 57 results, not any I had a cursory look into actually covered this particular issue. Rather posts with the individual words.

The thread may live...

For now.

Rdgs

LoK

Maybe it's just in exp 0.56 so far but I did see mention of someone having a sprained ankle. It would be interesting if walking with no shoes (especially running) led to things like blisters or hurt ankles. So far though, at least in stable, I don't think it's an existential threat in any way unless you have other things wrong too.

Edited by Ebrim