Sign in to follow this  
anubis1524

Whats wrong with my game?!?!?

I Just got DayZ and everytime I spawn in I have a new character, and now my game is also purple!

I have had the same problem, When i load up DayZ it starts out normal, once it goes full screen everything is purple.
I get to the main screen and everything is operational but the sun and glare is green and the outlying for the whole game is Purple and i can barely see anything
I have started playing and still happens, i have loaded it atleast 5 times and it is always purple.
I also have the problem that everytime i go to play i have to restart my character 

Did you try going into your Visual/Video settings and then back out? I know when I had visual & graphics issues before, that seemed to help; you don't actually change anything, just go into the options menu and go to the video or graphics tab, then just ESC back out. Not sure if it will fix that problem, but it's worth a shot. Beyond that, I would say GOOGLE it and see what turns up while you wait for more replies.

I Just got DayZ and everytime I spawn in I have a new character, and now my game is also purple!

Whats your puter specs - have you tried "adjusting" your graphics settings - do you have the latest drivers for your gpu - can you post some screen shots - these are the basic questions people will ask of you - you need as much detail as possible for anyone to even begin to even try to help you

And on the subject of new character upon spawning in...

You probably play on different (private) servers.
Public servers use the same hive and thus you can have 2 different characters on public server, 1 for 3rd person view and 1 for 1st person view.

The private servers use private hives so you will have a different character on each of the private servers.

Hopefully I explained it well enough to make sense. ;)

• Like 2

I have had the same problem, When i load up DayZ it starts out normal, once it goes full screen everything is purple.

I get to the main screen and everything is operational but the sun and glare is green and the outlying for the whole game is Purple and i can barely see anything

I have started playing and still happens, i have loaded it atleast 5 times and it is always purple.

I also have the problem that everytime i go to play i have to restart my character 

Go here:  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224710-performance-issues/

Read it, do what it says to do, try again

If you got the so called "free alpha" then you're just fucked.  There is no such thing as a "free alpha".

Edited by Barnabus