11tw

More storage options

Just saw a post about hiding Derringer pistols in boots. This got me thinking. Why isn't the storage system more flexible?

Here are some ideas of items that could be stored more efficiently:

Tent: Can be tied to backpack at the back (I do this when I go camping) so as to avoid using space inside, downside is it will get damp in heavy rain

Knives: Military/Jungle boots, regardless of the type of knife

Compass: Worn around neck on a string, stays at top of inventory with clothing

Water Bottles: Mountain Backpacks and Taloon backpacks IRL usually have pouches for water bottles on both sides, which don't take up space in the bag

can't think of any more, but obviously quite a flexible mechanic.

• Like 7

I like your ideas. Who knows? Perhaps they will add some more things of that nature once they get the new inventory matrix into stable. I could see them holding off on more storage related items until after CLE, the new inventory matrix, and persistence are all in the game. Cart before the horse and all that.

• Like 1

I just want to see more realistic inventory divisions or whatever. Like with jeans, it shouldn't be a clump of four, it should be two vertical 2 space bars, representing each pocket. After all, I can't just put a storage box in my pants...

• Like 3

I just want to see more realistic inventory divisions or whatever. Like with jeans, it shouldn't be a clump of four, it should be two vertical 2 space bars, representing each pocket. After all, I can't just put a storage box in my pants...

But by that logic wouldn't (most) pistols have to fit into a 1x2 slot? One can fit a handgun into the pockets of jeans fairly easily.
  • Like 3

But by that logic wouldn't (most) pistols have to fit into a 1x2 slot? One can fit a handgun into the pockets of jeans fairly easily.

Well, you can fit MOST of the pistol in your pocket, but it wouldn't be secure whatsoever. The second you start running it can easily fall out. But I doubt you can fit an entire pistol in just normal jean sized pockets. Cargos, maybe.

Well, you can fit MOST of the pistol in your pocket, but it wouldn't be secure whatsoever. The second you start running it can easily fall out. But I doubt you can fit an entire pistol in just normal jean sized pockets. Cargos, maybe.

I guess it depends on which jeans you're wearing. Personally most of my jeans could fit the entire upper part (slide) of most pistols in the pocket with little risk of it falling, and with a compact gun like the Makarov almost the entire thing could fit. But I know most jeans would have smaller pockets (for example most women's jeans have notoriously small pockets).
  • Like 2

I guess it depends on which jeans you're wearing. Personally most of my jeans could fit the entire upper part (slide) of most pistols in the pocket with little risk of it falling, and with a compact gun like the Makarov almost the entire thing could fit. But I know most jeans would have smaller pockets (for example most women's jeans have notoriously small pockets).

Fair enough I suppose, all of my jeans would have a very hard time fitting a pistol in entirely. 

I'd think most excpet the 1911 would fit pretty decently in pockets. no way a 1911 is unless we get jncos in game :D