Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

wait so if i was exploring off the map maybe just past the border' date=' would that reset me as well? :/

[/quote']

The joy of having a camp off the map I guess.

I logged in 20min ago and I was at the beach, I had all sorts of cool stuffs but it defauled me to nothing, (this was before i read the thread about maitainance), when everythings back will i be in the right spot or do i need to ask for my stuffs?

Thanks

Any of you guys ever played a great game called Arma???

We could have a coop mission and blow some shit up, good to realease frustration :)

Restoring gear will be impossible if anything has been lost. Something I regret having to say, but people who played during the major packet loss events are simply going to have to play with what they have. We really can't do anything about that.

wait so if i was exploring off the map maybe just past the border' date=' would that reset me as well? :/

[/quote']

The joy of having a camp off the map I guess.

oh dear...

I don't care if i respawn and lose what I had, I'll just be glad to be able to play :) Do whatever you have to guys :)

1oBEK6Y0Aw5Ul815vRg01nqjg5s4TN9k5w34ROke0cFO6.png

The part above your message.

I have a camp and I'm not sure if it's "off the map" or not, when I look at one online that location isn't there, but it's in the in game map. Can someone tell me where "off the map" is, it didn't take like 2 hours to walk there to the next location I guess (Not sure, maybe an hour, to black lake or something). There were tree's and grass but very thin amounts of trees not like a thick forest or anything. It wasn't hard to get to, but it was up the top right of the map, it is legal to be there right?

Does anyone have a map location of it I can view please? Like I said, it was on the game map but I can't find it on any that's googled

You are off the map if you only see grass wherever you look. If that's the case you will spawn at the beach.

any idea when the servers are up again? :)

Are you Stevie wonder ? What does it say in the thread title :p ffs

DayZ Maintenance ~ ETA: 4 PM GMT Time

1oBEK6Y0Aw5Ul815vRg01nqjg5s4TN9k5w34ROke0cFO6.png

The part above your message.

god i should be shot... thanks tho.

Thanks for letting us know because I was hearing all kind of shit about hackers and stuff.

Also thanks for the time you put in developing this AWESOME mod and i hope you guys will never stop!

<3 from a fan :)

You are off the map if you only see grass wherever you look. If that's the case you will spawn at the beach.

Oh, I think it's fine then, there's a few trees here and there (groups of 3-4 I guess) BUT if we continue walking, you do see just plains and plains of grass, we're about 5 minutes walk from the plains I guess. Our camp should be safe from "forced" resets right? (Safe from players I know not)

Hehe :).

Oh' date=' I think it's fine then, there's a few trees here and there (groups of 3-4 I guess) BUT if we continue walking, you do see just plains and plains of grass, we're about 5 minutes walk from the plains I guess. Our camp should be safe from "forced" resets right? (Safe from players I know not)

[/quote']

Tents won't be moved, at least not now. This is just for players and yes you will be fine.

any idea when the servers are up again? :)

Are you Stevie wonder ? What does it say in the thread title :p ffs

DayZ Maintenance ~ ETA: 4 PM GMT Time

i guess thats what happens when waking up 10 min ago, cant read write or understand simple lanes of letter x)

So Vipeax

Now you are responding here..

Do you know anything about the helis ?.. Will they be back now, or just then the next version is being released or maybe later than the pending patch ?..

Would be nice to know, if you have anything.

They will be back when most of the lag is filtered out, we can't spend time restoring lost characters from helicopter drops and those people are usually the most geared ones. Will see how we handle it.

Sadly hackers new and old probably look at a place like this as a vulnerable server. a way to test their hacking abilities. Unfortunately' date=' it was done to brutal effect. However from what Vipeax has said the problem isnt so much that now as just takin an proverbial internet wrench to the game to fix up the kinks.

[/quote']

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

Dont give those guys the satisfaction of being called a "hacker".... THEY ARE NOT HACKERS!

DDoSing is what fckn script kiddies do, so please call them by their right name...

skiddies = little boys with acne that get beat up alot irl....

They usually look exactly like those guys:

http://encyclopediadramatica.se/File:Leet_crew.jpg

They use little scripts other people made or rent botnets (ppl renting botnets to DDoS are acutally BELOW script kiddie!) and think they are 1337 hax0rs, which they ARE NOT! They are VERY FAR AWAY form being real hackers...

I repeat:

script kiddies != hacker

Soooooooooo.... servers down till 4 or going off at four? #LowIQ

Off 'til.

Been waiting two days for this, can't wait for it to come back up. Wouldn't surprise me if my Vehicle is gone (I don't think it would have saved to the master server last night due to Packet Loss).

The most fun is finding new things. Fuck the old stuff :V

First of all...thank you for the best mod ever.

I'm stuck in the wilderness, does a spawn at the beach means that all your gear is gone? If so, why don't you let us run back in to the map again?