Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

Cam51, read what vipeax wrote before, they took it down for planned maintenance

Cam51' date=' read what vipeax wrote before, they took it down for planned maintenance

[/quote']

I obviously missed the post, it's a 50 page thread for crying out loud.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this ridiculous activity pushed the mod into a real' date=' non public alpha.

The dev team and mods must be extremely dedicated to put up with the weight of all of this bullshit and not give up on at least the "public alpha" aspect of this project.

It's been great so far, but think of all the hours spent on the thousands of forum posts and dealing with server set up requests.

Chop all of that out, run, say 10 servers with dedicated alpha testers under NDA, and a fuckton more development gets done.

We are all just extra workload that slows the development of the mod down.

[/quote']You miss the point, its a mod, it was intended to be a free add on, and has given them a vision, if they wish to develop it further without the burden of us public people, copy the mod over itself and put it on a smaller closed off server and develop it there, which is what they are probably doing.

The reason they haven't closed it off is because the dayz mod has given them quite a bit of money in the past couple of months, they close it off, they potentially lose revenue. I'd love if they just closed it off and made it into a potential stand alone game for 2013 or so, but they won't as of right now, its still making money for them. Also, the pack on steam containing both Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead is for people to get into Dayz in a cheaper way, why?

They release dayz, the sales for their game boom, and a couple of months later, they release a cheaper version of their game with the expansion, helps boost their sales, all because of the free mod dayz.

I just ran all the way from the debug desert to the edge of the map again this morning. I swear, if I end up in there again I might actually rage.

its on the first page, and like 2-3 posted above your post you posted lol

The reason they haven't closed it off is because the dayz mod has given them quite a bit of money in the past couple of months' date=' they close it off, they potentially lose revenue. I'd love if they just closed it off and made it into a potential stand alone game for 2013 or so, but they won't as of right now, its still making [b']money for them.

No, when did you pay us any money?

Hey,

@Vipeax : How many time approximately for this maintenance plz.

How can you complain about waiting at character screen? You're playing a Free modification which they could easily make a pay only thing... i believe? I could be wrong. Anyway, if you had read the posts you'd know that they're in maintenance so don't come here blowing off some little kiddy steam at the moderators and fellow players just because you have no patience. God damn.

It would be cool if there were a central, promptly-updated web resource that players could check when having problems, to see if it's just them or the whole game.

If such a resource already exists and I'm just a tard, please inform me. But the news page and twitter feed are 14 hours old. Just sayin.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this ridiculous activity pushed the mod into a real' date=' non public alpha.

The dev team and mods must be extremely dedicated to put up with the weight of all of this bullshit and not give up on at least the "public alpha" aspect of this project.

It's been great so far, but think of all the hours spent on the thousands of forum posts and dealing with server set up requests.

Chop all of that out, run, say 10 servers with dedicated alpha testers under NDA, and a fuckton more development gets done.

[/quote']You miss the point, its a mod, if they wish to develop it further without the burden of us public people, copy the mod over itself and put it on a smaller closed off server and develop it there, which is what they are probably doing. The reason they haven't closed it off is because the dayz mod has given them quite a bit of money in the past couple of months, they close it off, they potentially lose revenue. I'd love if they just closed it off and made it into a potential stand alone game for 2013 or so, but they won't as of right now, its still making money for them.

No, not really.

Yes, they could do what you suggest. But they would still be dealing with many hours' work maintaining the "public alpha" infrastructure.

At least at last public admission, this is an all volunteer, free time team. Yes, bohemian has made a lot of sales, and tacit support seems to be there at least in the form of base game beta patches, but I believe that my main point still stands.

They could fold the public part of this, get better feedback and save tons of wheel spinning time.

I think, perhaps, you and I agree that the reason this hasn't happened yet is that the team IS so dedicated. That dedication may crash harshly into reality soon.

Hey' date='

[/quote']

Give or take 3 to 4 hours, but this is not a deadline, if something happens it will go beyond this expected duration!

I really feel that the forums need a clean up, announcements should be locked when made, this way people wont have to search through pages of people going off topic.

I just ran all the way from the debug desert to the edge of the map again this morning. I swear' date=' if I end up in there again I might actually rage.

[/quote']

Why would you rage? You're aware the game is having problems and the centralised server is down.

If I had played today I'd expect my char to mess up.

How can you complain about waiting at character screen? You're playing a Free modification which they could easily make a pay only thing... i believe? I could be wrong. Anyway' date=' if you had read the posts you'd know that they're in maintenance so don't come here blowing off some little kiddy steam at the moderators and fellow players just because you have no patience. God damn.

[/quote']

Just let people know Hive is down without being a fantastic cunt about it.

Good: Hive is down for maintenance

Bad: OMG read the post, stop crying, you didn't pay money! God damn.

Hey' date='

[/quote']

Give or take 3 to 4 hours, but this is not a deadline, if something happens it will go beyond this expected duration!

Is this fucking serious? Jesus christ, give us a bit of warning next time you pull a 'maintenance' during Australian prime time.

Why would anyone do this to this amazing team? I never saw such nice game designers.. they are working very hard without asking for any money and there is a huge awsome community. Why would people try to destroy all the fun for others? Whats wrong with those pple..

The reason they haven't closed it off is because the dayz mod has given them quite a bit of money in the past couple of months' date=' they close it off, they potentially lose revenue. I'd love if they just closed it off and made it into a potential stand alone game for 2013 or so, but they won't as of right now, its still making [b']money for them.

No, when did you pay us any money?

I meant that your sales have increased because of dayz, not literally because dayz is a cost for us.. And I bought Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

I just ran all the way from the debug desert to the edge of the map again this morning. I swear' date=' if I end up in there again I might actually rage.

[/quote']

Why would you rage? You're aware the game is having problems and the centralised server is down.

If I had played today I'd expect my char to mess up.

I haven't played at all yesterday when the DDOS happened and still ended up in the debug plains this morning.

If I have to run all the way down there again it would be kind of annoying.

[/quote']You miss the point, its a mod, if they wish to develop it further without the burden of us public people, copy the mod over itself and put it on a smaller closed off server and develop it there, which is what they are probably doing. The reason they haven't closed it off is because the dayz mod has given them quite a bit of money in the past couple of months, they close it off, they potentially lose revenue. I'd love if they just closed it off and made it into a potential stand alone game for 2013 or so, but they won't as of right now, its still making money for them.

No, not really.

Yes, they could do what you suggest. But they would still be dealing with many hours' work maintaining the "public alpha" infrastructure.

At least at last public admission, this is an all volunteer, free time team. Yes, bohemian has made a lot of sales, and tacit support seems to be there at least in the form of base game beta patches, but I believe that my main point still stands.

They could fold the public part of this, get better feedback and save tons of wheel spinning time.

I think, perhaps, you and I agree that the reason this hasn't happened yet is that the team IS so dedicated. That dedication may crash harshly into reality soon.

I edited the post you responded to. And to your initial post, you still miss the point, its a mod, anyone can make a mod... if they wished to make it closed off, then cancel the mod. Dedication? When a mod is helping a 2 year old game make it number 1 on steam for 3 months running? I doubt it, a mod is making them money, and one of them said no to me in this thread are we who play dayz giving them money, well yeah as i bought the arma 2 pack for dayz.

Is this fucking serious? Jesus christ' date=' give us a bit of warning next time you pull a 'maintenance' during Australian prime time.

[/quote']

You wouldn't be playing without said maintenance either, it just happened to be a very suiting time for this as you couldn't play either way.