Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

shortly after getting out of the debug forest i get put back in. this time i get pk'd. and then now i cant play again >_> you win' date=' ddosers....

[/quote']

really? Are you addicted to dayz so much that u have to play every day ?

Just take a break of DayZ for a week and play again on the weekend maybe with the new patch.

I cant imagine why people are hurting themselves with playing a broken game atm, are you all masochists?

There are announcements that the game wont work properly cause of a ddos attack and what do u think all people will do? Letting the gaming of dayz be for just some dayz which would be better for the developers and the server. No no they go ingame lose their gear and whine about the game not working properly.......

Do u cut ur wrists and think it would be fun ?

Hive will be down for a few more hours. Please try to enjoy ... sigh, no DayZ no DayS?

Rocket don't even want to hear about donations. I wounder why

Maybe it´s a legal issue. There is some bureaucracy to do, if you decide to accept donations, at least in germany it is.

Hive will be down for a few more hours. Please try to enjoy ... sigh' date=' no DayZ no DayS?

[/quote']

Thankyou Vipeax for your reply. Im very greatful now :)

i would suggest that Dayz should start with slave DB's around the world. like 2-3 of them. even when the master db is down. that people can play the game without having problems.

having 1 big database for 400.000+ players + ddos kiddies its no wonder the hive is undertaking big packageload

of course a distributed database' date=' mirrors etc is an option. But it takes money. And Rocket don't even want to hear about donations. I wounder why

[/quote']

Because of legal issues with Bohemia, of course. They should be paying him a large sum of money for the rise in Arma 2 sales and they should be the ones fixing these kinds of issues when they are enjoying so much renewed revenue.

Yep' date=' down again.

Ah well. Patience, young padawans.

[/quote']

Just had a laugh at your tag line/signature.

"Arma2 is a good game. Who knows, players might begin to realise that Arma2 is actually the fps game they want rather than a zombie survival game that is in alpha status and buggy as hell still. Just a suggestion" - grrinc"

I mean, considering Arma 2 is at least half as buggy and broken as DayZ is and it's been released for years now.

Would like to add this is a long-time planned maintenance, just decided that this was a good opportunity to do it. The project is not at the end of destruction, Rocket is doing fine. 1.7.2 is not coming out today, it is coming soon enough however etcetc.

Just be a bit patient.

Would like to add this is a long-time planned maintenance' date=' just decided that this was a good opportunity to do it. The project is not at the end of destruction, Rocket is doing fine. 1.7.2 is not coming out today, it is coming soon enough however etcetc.

Just be a bit patient.

[/quote']

:heart: THX for the info. Keep up your amazing work.

i would suggest that Dayz should start with slave DB's around the world. like 2-3 of them. even when the master db is down. that people can play the game without having problems.

having 1 big database for 400.000+ players + ddos kiddies its no wonder the hive is undertaking big packageload

we've a few servers around the world running with our own slave databases. with our main in the netherlands. if rocket doesn't support donations in the request of money. maybe server owners can donate by allowing them to run a database for them on there own server to reduce the load on their own main database

So I will stop my server again^^

It will go online after everything is working fine.

@Vipeax :

Hello, thanks for the info.

I'll be waiting for my favorite game to come back ...

And YES, as you said : "No DayZ, no DayS " :-D

Would like to add this is a long-time planned maintenance' date=' just decided that this was a good opportunity to do it. The project is not at the end of destruction, Rocket is doing fine. 1.7.2 is not coming out today, it is coming soon enough however etcetc.

Just be a bit patient.

[/quote']

Thanks for the clarification sir!

im taking my server down for a few hours....makes no fun if u connecting to it, all your stuff goes away and suddenly all appearing again.

I still have no idea why anyone would ddos a freaking video game. I mean' date=' if you have the skills (albeit very BASIC skills) to take down servers, don't you think that your time would be better spent taking down, say, government servers instead? Why waste your time on video game servers?

Just because you got banned for doing something you shouldn't have been doing in the first place? Pimply little nerds in their mommys' basements fapping it to shemale pr0n while they piss thousands of people off.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

[/quote']

nuff said

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this ridiculous activity pushed the mod into a real, non public alpha.

The dev team and mods must be extremely dedicated to put up with the weight of all of this bullshit and not give up on at least the "public alpha" aspect of this project.

It's been great so far, but think of all the hours spent on the thousands of forum posts and dealing with server set up requests.

Chop all of that out, run, say 10 servers with dedicated alpha testers under NDA, and a fuckton more development gets done.

We are all just extra workload that slows the development of the mod down.

Would like to add this is a long-time planned maintenance, just decided that this was a good opportunity to do it.

if you take the hive down...do you fix the arma X id issue? :-)

Im not sure, but i think somewhere was written, that it was a hive thing and not done yet because the hive must rebooted for that?^^

So I will stop my server again^^

It will go online after everything is working fine.

I also stopped my server first, are the problem, or better, the situation has improved.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this ridiculous activity pushed the mod into a real' date=' non public alpha.

The dev team and mods must be extremely dedicated to put up with the weight of all of this bullshit and not give up on at least the "public alpha" aspect of this project.

It's been great so far, but think of all the hours spent on the thousands of forum posts and dealing with server set up requests.

Chop all of that out, run, say 10 servers with dedicated alpha testers under NDA, and a fuckton more development gets done.

We are all just extra workload that slows the development of the mod down.

[/quote']

Don't know much about computers, but this seems correct. I hope they keep it public. Even if there are bugs etc and I die a few times so be it. I'm having a good time whilst i'm on and that's all that matters to me.

Would like to add this is a long-time planned maintenance' date=' just decided that this was a good opportunity to do it. [/quote']

Im not sure, but i think somewhere was written, that it was a hive thing and not done yet because the hive must rebooted for that?^^

Early preparation for it yes, but 1.7.2 is needed as for a server-side code fix. As I mentioned, be patient or try out the workaround TR!PLE posted, which I put in the first post of the relevant thread of that subject, thanks.

GodDammed i lost my char twice thanks to laggs in the last days.

now i am sitting in the church(Cherno) and in front of my there are :

M1911 with 6 mags

M9 Supressed 1 mag

and AK 47 Kobra...

but i cant pick up anything.

GodDammed i lost my char twice thanks to laggs in the last days.

now i am sitting in the church(Cherno) and in front of my there are :

M1911 with 6 mags

M9 Supressed 1 mag

and AK 47 Kobra...

but i cant pick up anything.

Haha ! Did you even read a thread before complaining ?

The Main server (HIVE) is all over the place, the game is too laggy to play properly and enjoy.

Would like to add this is a long-time planned maintenance' date=' just decided that this was a good opportunity to do it. [/quote']

Early preparation for it yes, but 1.7.2 is needed as for a server-side code fix. As I mentioned, be patient or try out the workaround TR!PLE posted, which I put in the first post of the relevant thread of that subject, thanks.

Relevant thread of that subject? Sorry, but could u post a link? I searched and found nothing >.<

The Main server (HIVE) is all over the place' date=' the game is too laggy to play properly and enjoy.

[/quote']

+1

Constant waiting for "character to create screen". Is it a confirmed DDoS attack again?

As was posted a page or 2 ago, the hive is down.

Just stop playing for a couple of days 'till it's all sorted.