Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

As someone else said. If you find out who it is, hang out his personal info so we can steal his beans :/.

What you are saying makes no sense. If someone values something' date=' that person deserves to lose it?

[/quote']

Yes. Don't get attached to your gear.

I'm gonna go right ahead and call you stupid. If I am attached to my family, I don't deserve one? Is it the same IRL? I am very attached to my gear, how the fuc* do I deserve to lose it then? Maybe I've walked through hell and back for that gear. Know what? You're not even worth my time.

It's a mod, and it's in alpha. Take a deep breath my friend - probably other things in your life that you may want to reserve this level of "give a crap" for.

Hope you have a better day!

You can't care for more than one thing? Everyone are attached to their gear. At least to some degree.

Woah there, killer - you're preaching to the choir.

Jeez can people just chill a little and wait for them to solve the problem instead of whining that they lost their gear. etc etc. take a chill pill relax watch some series or something while they adress the problem at hand :) Whining ain't gonna speed it up

ill ask my question again, because nobody answered yet:

may the new server signup and ticket system the reason why many servers available yesterday dont show up in the serverlist at the moment? or has it to do with this ddos attack?

I think it's cool that everyone lost their gear. Now we're going to have full cities and much more close encounters than usual! Refreshing, isn't it?

But in all seriousness, you should get the police involved. I've heard a lot about the FBI investigating the sources of large DDOS attacks, it's definately a police matter.

Jeez can people just chill a little and wait for them to solve the problem instead of whining that they lost their gear. etc etc. take a chill pill relax watch some series or something while they adress the problem at hand :) Whining ain't gonna speed it up

To be honest, I don't give a damn about my gear, I, like many others want to play. But we're patient, if you're not patient, uninstall the mod.

Your gear doesn't matter.

Would you rather have models of your gear than the mod itself?

Just wait, they will sort it out.

To be honest' date=' I don't give a damn about my gear, I, like many others want to play. But we're patient, if you're not patient, uninstall the mod.

[/quote']

Well if you read properly what i typed... i'm patient. been chilling waiting for everything to settle down properly. watched some series. no stress :)

im kinda suprised that we have had no word from the main man himself.

but i hope it gets sorted soon.

But in all seriousness' date=' you should get the police involved. I've heard a lot about the FBI investigating the sources of large DDOS attacks, it's definately a police matter.

[/quote']

Agreed, Show these punk fucks how we role.

To be honest' date=' I don't give a damn about my gear, I, like many others want to play. But we're patient, if you're not patient, uninstall the mod.

[/quote']

I know, I wasn't really clear, I didnt mean you, I just added to your comment about gear and patience. :p

Well if you read properly what i typed... i'm patient. been chilling waiting for everything to settle down properly. watched some series. no stress :)

Anyone who wants to retaliate on this script kiddie can goto his Twitter account that he posted on this thread and find his IP address. But if you are going to do that you need to be a tad bit smarter than he is.

I would do it myself but he really isn't worth my time or effort. I have bigger fish to fry.

I'm gonna go right ahead and call you stupid. If I am attached to my family' date=' I don't deserve one? Is it the same IRL? I am very attached to my gear, how the fuc* do I deserve to lose it then? Maybe I've walked through hell and back for that gear. Know what? You're not even worth my time.

[/quote']

It's a mod, and it's in alpha. Take a deep breath my friend - probably other things in your life that you may want to reserve this level of "give a crap" for.

You can't care for more than one thing? Everyone are attached to their gear. At least to some degree.

Make a tad bit sense, please.

[/quote']

I know, I wasn't really clear, I didnt mean you, I just added to your comment about gear and patience. :p

ahh miss in the communication there mr! touché let's have a toast in game when everything starting to run smoothly again :)

What you are saying makes no sense. If someone values something' date=' that person deserves to lose it?

[/quote']

I'm gonna go right ahead and call you stupid. If I am attached to my family, I don't deserve one? Is it the same IRL? I am very attached to my gear, how the fuc* do I deserve to lose it then? Maybe I've walked through hell and back for that gear. Know what? You're not even worth my time.

Actually 3 days ago i pitched a tent and didnt like exactly where it was so i re-pitched it. I had saved it the first time and the second. I put my backpack in there with 16 items in it in hopes i would just find a new one during my town raid. I came back the following day to find 2 tents stuck in each other, effectively swallowing up my stuff(i never did find another backpack neither) so here i sit effectively itemless....

And I dont really care, because its al in the town im near anyway. You dont get special items in this game and the ones you do get make you that much more of a target. And a Makarov or crossbow can still beat your sniper rifle or 1337 weapon if they get the drop on you or worse...exploit and server hop etc to get you.

Stop being so up in arms over something so petty. If you get this mad NOW in Alpha stage, rather than taking a break, you will never appreciate this at its final release cus you will just be mad. I did it with BF3.

[/quote']

ahh miss in the communication there mr! touché let's have a toast in game when everything starting to run smoothly again :)

Trust nobody ;)

[/quote']

Trust nobody ;)

the only trust worthy person is a dead person. or maby an unarmed

I'm gonna go right ahead and call you stupid. If I am attached to my family' date=' I don't deserve one? Is it the same IRL? I am very attached to my gear, how the fuc* do I deserve to lose it then? Maybe I've walked through hell and back for that gear. Know what? You're not even worth my time.

[/quote']

All right, I'll bite. The prompt is to make a "tad bit sense", which in and of itself doesn't really make sense... But OK! Here goes.

1. You seemed angry, I tried to help you by contextualizing your issues, coming from a position of empathy- I was feeling the same rage.

2. You then turned your anger on me.

3. I let you know that our viewpoints are the same, there is no need to argue.

4. You asked me to make a "tad bit sense"

5. I wrote this post in hopes that you would read it and realize nobody is fighting with you.

6. You will probably flame this post as well.

[/quote']

Actually 3 days ago i pitched a tent and didnt like exactly where it was so i re-pitched it. I had saved it the first time and the second. I put my backpack in there with 16 items in it in hopes i would just find a new one during my town raid. I came back the following day to find 2 tents stuck in each other, effectively swallowing up my stuff(i never did find another backpack neither) so here i sit effectively itemless....

And I dont really care, because its al in the town im near anyway. You dont get special items in this game and the ones you do get make you that much more of a target. And a Makarov or crossbow can still beat your sniper rifle or 1337 weapon if they get the drop on you or worse...exploit and server hop etc to get you.

Stop being so up in arms over something so petty. If you get this mad NOW in Alpha stage, rather than taking a break, you will never appreciate this at its final release cus you will just be mad. I did it with BF3.

Who said anything about being mad? I haven't logged in today so I have no idea whether if I have lost anything or not. It is petty. It is not even real. The gear I mean. But I have still spent hours upon hours of time to get these items. I'm not mad about losing items, because I have not lost any (that i'm aware of) in this DDOS-attack. What makes me mad is people not realising that they actually are attached to their gear some what.

[/quote']

We get it, you're attached to your gear. You've "gone through hell and back" for it. Explain to me why am I able to have a fully stocked character with an alice pack, great weapons, and most toolbelt items after only 2 hours of playing? Because this game isn't that hard, and you shouldn't fall in love with any gear you find, because you're only 1 bullet/server problem away from not having it anymore. Also, you're playing AN ALPHA. This isn't an "closed beta" or an "open beta" or a "preview version." Expect to lose your gear more than once or twice over server/game design issues before this game even hits beta stage.

I found a coyote backpack yesterday at the NW airfield. This was only the 2nd time I've ever seen one in game. Literally 30 seconds later, I was gunned down by two guys with AKs. But ya know what? I got over it after about 3 seconds, because it wasn't the first time I was going to die in DayZ, and it definitely won't be the last.

Finding the best gear is what makes this game so fun.

You paid $30 for Arma 2. You didn't buy DayZ. The devs don't owe you anything, nor does anyone on this forum. You bought Arma 2 to play an ALPHA version of a mod. If you wanted the game to be more polished, you shoulda waited however many months until the game is beta or released as a standalone (if that happens).

I know' date=' I wasn't really clear, I didnt mean you, I just added to your comment about gear and patience. :p

[/quote']

Trust nobody ;)

Seems to be working fine for me, still have my trustworthy M16, mp5SD and g17, been friendly and all for the most part:)

Trust nobody ;)

Seems to be working fine for me' date=' still have my trustworthy M16, mp5SD and g17, been friendly and all for the most part:)

[/quote']

can't count how many times i have died now. frekkin alt+f4 heroes

As I've figured, there are still issues. Servers are FUBAR. The main server is FUBAR. Not been able to play for more than 5 minutes without issues all day, since very early this morning.