Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

Hello,

as many of you will have noticed both the website and the Hive have been down for a while in the past hours. It started with the Hive experiencing increased latencies and over time the situation grew as bad as it not responding to ping requests at all, or with high latencies in the area of 4000 ms (about 90% packet loss).

This also started to affect the website in a later stadium, when the Hive went down entirely.

We are truly sorry for the downtime and any unexpected loss of items.

Game on.

Yes, looks like the moment of joy got spoiled again.

The website and forums should work just fine now, the Hive is still... you know.

Hive will be down for a few more hours.

Alright, server hosters should be able to give their server a reboot to get them into a responsive state again

Please confirm.

and i hoped on the patch QQ XD

Much love for keeping the servers up <3

not so sure, bunch of euro servers sticking players at character creation, or is this just a load issue. correct as of 15.23 GMT

I keep spawning in an open field... nothing around... any reasons why?

Hi Guys,

Just taking this opportunity to advise that if you have lost items or character due to this issue, we can not retrieve them for you.

Obviously we're sorry for the downtime and any resulting issues but trust that we are working hard to stop these things occurring for the future.

Thank you for being patient and sticking with us!

Kind Regards,

Magnet

Thanks for telling. Was wondering why I got stuck at the "waiting for character to create" screen ^^.

Lost everything on a weeks old character to spawning in the debug plains, then the debug forest, then just spawning dead in a pile of dead people in the debug forest.

Still, good to hear it's up and running again.

Thank you Vipeak for letting us know what happend, ppl crying ddos are plain stupid.

Lucky for me my friend told me there was problems as he was online, so i didn't log in just incase i char got messed. Now i log in with all my gear intact and my bycycle next to me.

Oh do you think its safe to play now? or is there another chance of problems today?

I have so much to loose hehe and yes i know not to get attached to gear, but its too late.

I have so much to loose hehe and yes i know not to get attached to gear' date=' but its too late.

[/quote']

"Game On" ;).

I have so much to loose hehe and yes i know not to get attached to gear' date=' but its too late.

[/quote']

"Game On" ;).

Happy days :)

Me and my (two) friends are currently stuck on the "waiting for character to create" screen. We've tried several servers and this problem seems consistent with all of them. Is this a related issue? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Me and my (two) friends are currently stuck on the "waiting for character to create" screen. We've tried several servers and this problem seems consistent with all of them. Is this a related issue? Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Same problem here.