herd

Make bicycles MORE common

Rocket said this game is about exploring and surviving.

Well then spawn MORE bicycles in every small or big towns. They should REALLY common so I can travel across the map. Running around the 225 sq km map isnt the best.

Also doesnt brake the balance at all. The more people riding around the map - the better.

Also is there a map where I can see all the bicycles spawn points?

I would only support this if bikes were more of a transient item and respawned in one of their locations after 4-6 hours of not being accessed. I can understand why vehicles like a truck you had to find 6 tires for should be safe for a few days, but bikes should be around so people can explore.

I do not think that there need to be more bikes. I seem to find them quite easily. :/

you seem to be the only one here. And why would you NOT want more bikes even if you find enough? :dodgy:

Lol i can walk down my street right now and every single person has a bike. So yes, i agree there should be major amounts of bikes.

~silent

+1 for bikes. Especially in a semi-developed country like Chernarus, bikes would be incredibly common.

Everyone down my road has at least 1 bike. Assuming countries are fairly poor and families own 1 bike or 2 bikes for larger families off the top of my head, this means in a population of 800 there are at least 300 bikes. WHERE DID ALL THE BIKES GO!

What if the zombies were ACTUALLY BIKES?!

Just throwing it out there right away...

I have not read the above posts... Yet

But I completely agree with OP, they need more bikes, that break down easily, and can not hold any gear. ( not sure if they do or not ) That would make this game so much more enjoyable.

I'm kind of halfway there with the OP. The one and only time I had an absolute blast being so mobile. Mine was stolen from the castle I stashed it at and haven't seen one since.

That being said. Bikes kind of break the game when it comes to zombies chasing you. I would ride into town, park my bike in a barn, go about my looting business with little care for my personal safety, run to the barn and bust out A-team style, leaving the Zs far behind.

I think there should be more bike spawns but not too many (I like the idea that an old rickety bike becomes a mark of considerable status in post apocalyptic Chernarus). Also the acceleration should be nerfed a little. It is realistic to be able to outrun Zs but not if you get on and they are mere metres away.

"I'm kind of halfway there with the OP. The one and only time I had an absolute blast being so mobile. Mine was stolen from the castle I stashed it at and haven't seen one since.

That being said. Bikes kind of break the game when it comes to zombies chasing you. I would ride into town' date=' park my bike in a barn, go about my looting business with little care for my personal safety, run to the barn and bust out A-team style, leaving the Zs far behind.

I think there should be more bike spawns but not too many (I like the idea that an old rickety bike becomes a mark of considerable status in post apocalyptic Chernarus). Also the acceleration should be nerfed a little. It is realistic to be able to outrun Zs but not if you get on and they are mere metres away."

[/quote']

I agree more with this.

Yeah they should make more bikes becuse when you play with friends if someone find bicycle its kinda use less becuse its only for 1 person or make byciacle rideable by 2 pepole :/

butts to nuts haha

If you think bikes would make it easier to get around then I don't think you've been on one. They are more of a comedic "vehicle". They aren't really even meant to be used' date=' in Arma 2 vanilla or the mod.

Once you get caught on a bike by a zombie one time you'll see why they aren't useful. You going to ride one up and down hills to avoid towns? You definitely wouldn't.

Don't see an issue with them being more common, but they are comedy. That's all.

[/quote']

Most 'wrong' comment I have read all day. You have obviously never ridden a bike in the game or do not know how to. I have ridden one for 100's of km's in dayz and never once been shot off nor knocked off or bitten by a zed.

There is an art to it - it can be comedic. Useful? Definitely.

By making bikes a slower off-road the player would be forced to use the road, which is very dangerous. So it comes with a risk and a reward.

If you think bikes would make it easier to get around then I don't think you've been on one. They are more of a comedic "vehicle". They aren't really even meant to be used' date=' in Arma 2 vanilla or the mod.

Once you get caught on a bike by a zombie one time you'll see why they aren't useful. You going to ride one up and down hills to avoid towns? You definitely wouldn't.

Don't see an issue with them being more common, but they are comedy. That's all.

[/quote']

Most 'wrong' comment I have read all day. You have obviously never ridden a bike in the game or do not know how to. I have ridden one for 100's of km's in dayz and never once been shot off nor knocked off or bitten by a zed.

There is an art to it - it can be comedic. Useful? Definitely.

Agree. Bikes are very useful, especially since they don't use fuel. 30 bikes per server, please. *Ring-ring!*