Anax

The new dynamic reticle looks nice but is still inaccurate for hipfire :(

In for realsies peeple can shoot gud from teh hip fire!!!

No shit. Did they have a reticle tho? Ugh. I thought you were done replying to this thread?

I don't like this "dynamic" reticle behaviour. I see zero reasons the reticle should display the sway of your weapon.

• Like 2

0/10 would not listen to you bitch again.

In for realsies peeple can shoot gud from teh hip fire!!!

No shit. Did they have a reticle tho? Ugh. I thought you were done replying to this thread?

Did your parents raised you with the belief that all people are English citizens? I didnt know that I have to speak or write perfect english to post in this forum.

I am really surprised that some people are behaving like they are in a real zombie apocalypse and the dificulties of surviving have lowered their standards.

And because I am not perfect too I will answer you the way you deserve and tell you that I wont do any effort to improve my english just because zombie-raised people like you want me to.

My opinion appears to be very different. In the old west and still today, fast draw shooters hip fire and are extremely accurate, shooting bottles out of the air etc. Once you fire the gun enough, the aim becomes part of your arm. Now as for this game, the old dot target always needed to be aimed to the left and a little higher, for instance at 20 feet I would aim at the left edge of the zombie at his elbow to hit him dead center stomach. If you hold your mouse very still and aim and then switch to sights you will see where you are really aiming and how much you would need to correct, some practice and you will find aiming to the left some fixes the missing issue. My opinion, the target should be accurate with the dot or the new ( ) style, accurate to some extent, having it off left and high is silly. I love shooting from sights but when I am getting rolled by multiple zombies or players, I have to go in and out of sights mode to move fast to another shooting location and it makes it very difficult, along with the fact that sometimes I accidentally get stuck in sights mode and crawling along when I don't want to during a difficult fight.

there weren't as many fast draw, dead eye, crack shot, hip shooters in the old west as Hollywood makes it seem. the few that could, then and today, spend countless hours and thousands of rounds practicing.

there were a few exceptions like the guy who could shoot a silver dollar coin out of the air, split a playing card in half over their shoulder and such.

but they weren't being attacked by zombies or having people shoot back at them

• Like 2

ps:knowing which gun hits lower and right while hipfiring and how much is not "experience".

Actually, that is bordering on the definition of experience.

Experience; practical contact with and observation of facts or events.

So learning which weapons do what through using them is experience, just like in everything else, player with more experience will have an advantage.

Why on earth would a system where a player who has played the game a lot and learnt how it works not have an advantage to a new player make sense?

Actually, that is bordering on the definition of experience.

Experience; practical contact with and observation of facts or events.

So learning which weapons do what through using them is experience, just like in everything else, player with more experience will have an advantage.

Why on earth would a system where a player who has played the game a lot and learnt how it works not have an advantage to a new player make sense?

The knowledge of where each weapon hits is not "skill/experience in fighting" that is what I mean.I can understand that if you play a lot you will learn where each weapon hits when hipfiring but it is just an information that you get. It is an information that someone may give you and you can learn it on You Tube without even playing the game.

There are other ways to be better from someone else in fighting than knowing where your weapon will hit, while the other poor guy doesnt know. You learned it maybe from experience but it isnt realistic to know where it will hit exactly.

But to end all this, I agree that IT IS a way to prevent hipfire/sniping.I am a tactical shooter fan too.I like realism.So I guess if there is no other better way ,then ,it is far better this way than sniping while hipfiring.

The entirety of this conversation has me mildly confused did we get to the bottom of the issue?

The entirety of this conversation has me mildly confused did we get to the bottom of the issue?

not even close it seems

• Like 1

Did your parents raised you with the belief that all people are English citizens? I didnt know that I have to speak or write perfect english to post in this forum.

I am really surprised that some people are behaving like they are in a real zombie apocalypse and the dificulties of surviving have lowered their standards.

And because I am not perfect too I will answer you the way you deserve and tell you that I wont do any effort to improve my english just because zombie-raised people like you want me to.

The mockery you quoted had nothing to do with your grammar, in fact your English is superior to many for whom English is their first language. It's the content of your gripe I have taken issue with. The reticle shouldn't and (rightly) likely never will tell you exactly where your shots will land. Sorry, not sorry.

There shouldn't be a reticle at all. Once looting is fixed so that all loot (even stuff on top of dressers, for example) shows up in your "vicinity" menu, there's literally no need for the dot, either.

• Like 3

Did anyone consider that his complaint might really be about lag, rather than the hipfire reticle inaccuracy?  I'm pretty sure pilgrim explained the standard offset, based on the player's line of sight compared to the gun's position relative to player's eyes; this becomes most apparent (and fairly consistent) in first-person view. And excanto elaborated on this in practice, while preferring an accurate reticle.  Hipfire seems to work just fine--less accurate than actually aiming.

Assuming that one can understand that the gun is positioned to the right and below of the player's line of sight, then it follows that a slight correction down and to the right should compensate for this difference, with all of the long guns.  For semiautomatic, and automatic weapons, there will be significant barrel climb--forcing you to compensate lower. 

@OP:  Try getting a "cheap" rifle in-game, such as a repeater, or .22, and tesitng hip fire on the inside wall of secure building.  Do this in first person, as well as third.  Stand about 15 feet from a wall, and just take pot-shots, aiming down the sights before the first, and after each shot. Pay attention to the groupings, and then repeat the experiment while strafing the wall; this should show you everything you need to know about hipfire behavior.   So to reiterate the bulk of responses, you need some practice.

• Like 2