Towel-Tango

MERGED: Everything about DOGS

Slow the infected zombies to the speed of a player in standing double time. But add infected hounds that run as fast as the current zombies, or faster. You can already use the animations and models of the in-game dogs (mongrel) possibly, add these wild dogs into the woods or in small towns. Dogs could be attracted to player corpses or the corpses of dead animals (or both) adding this would make hunting, Pking, and just running in the woods more risky.

Zombie dogs would be good but they would be very unbalancing i believe now that being said If they where added it would make raiding towns and walking trough wood areas a loot more challenging and would change the way people would go about with the lives such as people would try and find high ground to rest such as building roofs or barns would be good but not sure.

Zombie dogs would be good but they would be very unbalancing i believe now that being said If they where added it would make raiding towns and walking trough wood areas a loot more challenging and would change the way people would go about with the lives such as people would try and find high ground to rest such as building roofs or barns would be good but not sure.

69 words, 1 dot.

Zombie dogs could have a place really but obviously in much lesser numbers than human zombies. I'd like to see it be more difficult to remain a solo player, at the moment you can survive by yourself just as easily as with a group. This would go another small step towards removing the 'I don't need him so I'll shoot him' mentality.

Dogs could have the added advantage of smell to track the players that camp spots and add more tension to people crawling through towns.

How did you guys not love the dog packs in stalker :/

How about we befriend a dog or two, feed it and it protects.

How about we befriend a dog or two' date=' feed it and it protects.

[/quote']

+1 ;)

I think this should be good for many survivors without the group :P

Dangerous wildlife in general, bears, dogs/wolves, that make allot of noise so you don't stumble on them in the dead of night, but they don't need to be zombies, one would assume the outbreak is species specific.

The second zombie dogs are added, everyone is going to compare this to Resident Evil. I don't think it fits the theme of the mod. Not to mention if animals could be infected, it would contradict us hunting them as we currently do.

Thank you very much for an awesome mod! A game like this hasn't kept my interest in a very long time.

The issue with the bandits can be resolved by utilizing the dogs. Dogs must be friendly towards survivors and hostile to bandits.

Dogs should roam either alone or in packs, and not be restricted but allowed to roam freely any ware in the wasteland. That should make you think twice on becoming a bandit.

Shooting a dog should be the same penalty as shooting a survivor.

There is no issue with the bandits.

There needs to be a like button so I don't need to waste a post just to say +1. :)

This.

A thousand times for every anti-pvp thread, this.

I don't know how many times we have to say this but apparently it's more than we have been doing. QQ sum moar. Bandits make the game what it is....awesome.

Absolutely BANDITS and PVP make the game awesome!

I really believe that bandits should have something else to worry about as well. Now at the moment they just run around and shoot everything. These way survivors will have a choice to either negotiate or shoot you and become a bandit – and as a bandit you will have something else to worry about (dogs)

Something to think about: There need to be a balance: we all survivors and fight off zombies, now they are bandits and you have to fight them off as well but the bandit have only the zombies to worry about, if that.

There is no issue with bandits.

Though having the wilderness areas of the map be more of a threat would be rad. Running across a bear or a wolf pack or something.

Thank you very much for an awesome mod! A game like this hasn't kept my interest in a very long time.

The issue with the bandits can be resolved by utilizing the dogs. Dogs must be friendly towards survivors and hostile to bandits.

Dogs should roam either alone or in packs' date=' and not be restricted but allowed to roam freely any ware in the wasteland. That should make you think twice on becoming a bandit.

Shooting a dog should be the same penalty as shooting a survivor.

[/quote']

This is such an awesome idea. It's simple, clean, and gives players something to think about before turning bandit.

As to the discussion about bandits being an "issue", it's not enough of an issue that they should be severely punished with some of the other suggestions that have been posted. Banditry is, and should be, a legitimate form of survival, and some of the proposed penalties (or calls for removal altogether) are not feasible.

Just remember bandits, everyone HATES you. I hate you. Other survivors hate you. People forming militias hate you. Other bandits hate you. Zombies hate you. And hopefully, if Rocket and the Dev Team read this brilliant suggestion, dogs will hate you. Good luck out there, and we all hope you die slowly with your guts dragging in the dirt as you crawl away. :)

Just remember bandits' date=' everyone HATES you.

[/quote']

I don't hate them and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I love bandits.

Well i can understand the bandit way, why bother scavenging villages, it takes time and patience, both of which we only have so much.

It's perfectly logical to go kill a few other survivors to take their loot, they already did half the work after all.

Bandits obviously play a huge part in making the game what it is, and PvP brings all the tension in the game.

But I do think there's a lack of consequence for bandit-type players. Assuming we are trying to mimic reality, so far as is possible, let's look at some issues.

A video game cannot simulate human empathy; simply put, it's very easy to kill another player and steal his stuff in a game, because you are acutely aware that no real humans died. Nobody lost their friends or family. Which leads on to the second point of, a bandit in reality has a marked increase in chances of dying due to his choice of lifestyle; he's actively seeking out danger in a high risk, high reward manner. Therefore, reality contains fewer people who would be prepared to take that risk when there are other viable options (i.e., playing nice). The game cannot simulate fear of death for as long as it has a respawn system, so this is another thing that needs to be considered.

I absolutely want PvP to remain and to be a very clear danger to survivors. I want to remain scared of Cherno and Elektro, and to be on my guard all the time. But I also want the bandit players, who can currently do as they please with no worries, to have something to be concerned about as well. I don't necessarily know what this would be, and it should feel organic and realistic above all else (no contrived, gamey stuff). The mod is fantastic how it is; but it would be naive to think it cannot possibly be improved. The more depth and implications are added to players' choices and attitudes, the more engrossing the game will be.

My two cents.

Guys, come on. There's no problem with bandits being in game, but there is a bit of a balance problem. Right now there's basically no practical reason not to be a bandit. Quit acting like any attempt to balance them a bit is "QQing about PVP."

Without some in game mechanic the game is not longer a zombies game, it is a COD deathmatch mod for Arma. With servers recently spawning no zombies, it is exactly like a COD deathmatch mod.

More zombies will help the situation, and balancing can be accomplished with better zombies and zombie hoards that are more easily attracted to gunshots and that will come after you if you are camping somewhere killing whatever runs by. By this I mean, climbing zombies and zombies that will rush inside a house after you or swarm the outside waiting for you to leave. Then they just need to carry over from server to server after a disconnect .

I think this is more of a balance issue. With less loot you would HAVE to kill other players to find food sooner or later, like it realistically would be in an apocalyptic world. Moral isn't worth much when it's about survival.

The penalties/rewards for being a bandit or not shouldn't be decided by the game but rather decided by the players. If you are a bandit no one trusts you and will shoot you and if you are a good guy you will be recognized for that. That is simplicity.

Something to think about: There need to be a balance: we all survivors and fight off zombies' date=' now they are bandits and you have to fight them off as well but the bandit have only the zombies to worry about, if that.

[/quote']

Bandits still have to worry about other bandits, It's not like every other bandit will be like "Hey! He is a bandit like me! Better not shoot!". Both survivors and bandits have to worry about other players and zombies, it's not like Bandits get a "Don't shoot" card from other bandits.