raBit.

running question

here is my problem, I have had double tap W as my run key for ever.  last week I reset everything, not on purpose and now I cannot get my double tap W to work.

in my controls for "turbo" I have left shift and 2xW.  however shift works but the double tap W does not work.

I could live with this however

I cannot use my mic without stopping my guy from running (same finger)

I cannot go into my inventory without stopping my guy from running (shit tab goes to steam)

and auto run................ I can only jamb one thing into my keyboard not 2... so I can no longer let my guy run out in the open while I go pee, get food, watch tv and do other things that don't involve me at the key board.

any help?

help I am going to go insane if I cannot fix this.

Eek, I had this, and I fixed it with someones help, yet I don't remember how I did it... Try going through any option that might be used for sprinting, like at all, and just one by one assign them to Double Tap W, if one doesnt work, reset that key back, and try another (Don't do multiple). Once I get home if this isn't fixed by then I'll check my options and tell you the actual key.

Moved to troubleshooting... you may have more luck in here 

in the controls/assignments config go to infantry movement and bind 2xw to "fast forward" (just below "turbo" in the old UI) - of course to bind 2xw you need to select "fast forward" and then hit the w key twice like you would in game (but you probably already know that). I rebound "turbo" to left shift so I still have the ability to move fast without having to use 2xw if I don't want to.

in the controls/assignments config go to infantry movement and bind 2xw to "fast forward" (just below "turbo" in the old UI) - of course to bind 2xw you need to select "fast forward" and then hit the w key twice like you would in game (but you probably already know that). I rebound "turbo" to left shift so I still have the ability to move fast without having to use 2xw if I don't want to.

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

I love you

seriously I was about to quit this game for ever just because of this....

your the best

thanks

=)

aww you're quite welcome. it would be a tragedy to loose people over key assignments ;)