Sign in to follow this  
Roachracer

What happened to my stuff?

Private server, 5min warning log out, find somewhere safe to log out almost before time up, log back in missing MP5, ammo box and protector case and stuff moved around my personal inventory, I am undamaged and with the same status colours as before log out.

What happened?

Ahh, ok, bummer, lol

Fair enough, Dayz'd, guess I'd been lucky till now!

Edited by Roachracer

Only thing I can thing of is either

1. Hacked.

2. You have been DERP'd by alpha.

I lost my mp5 when I logged out one time too mate, its a glitch that can happen. Shitty luck mate.

• Like 1

Nice to have an explanation for this! I've often noticed things rearrange when logging back in but never worked out the reason. Now we know. 

Moral of the story, put your most valued or biggest items at the top of your bag..

Nice to have an explanation for this! I've often noticed things rearrange when logging back in but never worked out the reason. Now we know. 

Moral of the story, put your most valued or biggest items at the top of your bag..

But isn't it like this currently that the items in the bottom of the bag last longest? So if you really care about some item, you'd put it in the bottom of the back. I don't know if this is really true and in how it is applied, but a friend mentioned this to me and ever since, I keep my biggest items at the bottom. 

I see how the tents rearrange stuff too, so I usally keep a slot or two free to give them the space. Haven't had a problem with stuff disappearing, except one ammobox that probably would have needed more than 1 or 2 slots to fit again. 

Not sure about lasting longest, but the video explanation makes sense. As the server saves the items as a list and then re-places the items according to the list when you log back in.

But yeah I think keeping some slots free is definitely the key to not losing things.

Also having a full pack and carrying tons of kit would weigh you down and slow you down so I do try to keep minimal pack stuffs, even though I don't know that weight effect it is active yet... I feel like it's a good practice to get into though.

Hmm, when a server resets it rolls you back a certain amount of time. For instance, my friend was shot and died and I was on the run and server has not responded for 22 23 24 25..When we logged back in, it was just us on the server and he was alive again and we were where we were just before the ambush. Maybe you found stuff and got rolled back to before you found stuff. As for the stuff vanishing? I have never had anything vanish. I keep the most important things in my backpack because it seems zombies hit the other equipment and ruin things in them, for instance pants ruined and everything in them ruined. I keep my backpack completely full due to that issue. I only have space in my backpack when I am a bambi, Nothing in my backpack moves when it is full. If I leave some space, stuff reorganizes and I hate that.