Sign in to follow this  
anarky321

item 'ruined' state is broken IMO

i dont see how it is in any way realistic that zombies attacking you with bare hands can ruin RAGS, CANTEENS, WATER BOTTLES, or a PISTOL made entirely out of hardened steel....it makes zero sense

• Like 1

I agree. System sucks. But hopefully it will get replaced one day.

Zombie attacks me with his hands once,Your vest and everything inside of it is now ruined as if it was thrown in a industrial grade wood-chipper.

Fuck you zombies.

• Like 2

I agree. System sucks. But hopefully it will get replaced one day.

Zombie attacks me with his hands once,Your vest and everything inside of it is now ruined as if it was thrown in a industrial grade wood-chipper.

Fuck you zombies.

Thats's odd, I haven't had too many problems with that lately.  I've been doing a lot of quick, reckless loot runs at night too.  If anything, I've noticed that much of my gear just magically turns back to pristine condition.  It really felt like the damage had improved.  Was it surprise lunge-attacks that ruined your stuff?

It is only gear that really hurts in the game, so zombies attack your gear.

If all they could do was break bones or make you bleed, then each zombie attack you would either survive or die and all your gear would be always safe. That would be pointless and get old really quick.

You survive in DayZ because of your gear. If you have a raincoat you don't get wet, if you have beans you don't get hungry, with a gun you can defend yourself, with matches and an axe you make fire. The zombs are there to destroy that stuff. This is what makes you afraid of zombies.

think about it.

• Like 2

It is only gear that really hurts in the game, so zombies attack your gear.

If all they could do was break bones or make you bleed, then each zombie attack you would either survive or die and all your gear would be always safe. That would be pointless and get old really quick.

You survive in DayZ because of your gear. If you have a raincoat you don't get wet, if you have beans you don't get hungry, with a gun you can defend yourself, with matches and an axe you make fire. The zombs are there to destroy that stuff. This is what makes you afraid of zombies.

think about it.

Usually my gear won't take damage until the clothes, vest or backpack is BD or ruined.  That doesn't happen often anymore, despite taking hits fairly often from silent ones.  Does nobody else find gear in better condition than it was before, without repairing it?  I know my cowboy hat was damaged and my gas mask was worn yesterday, but when I came back, they were both pristine.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

Usually my gear won't take damage until the clothes, vest or backpack is BD or ruined.  That doesn't happen often anymore, despite taking hits fairly often from silent ones.  Does nobody else find gear in better condition than it was before, without repairing it?  I know my cowboy hat was damaged and my gas mask was worn yesterday, but when I came back, they were both pristine.

Well - clothes are gear too, of course.

Zombies don't damage backpacks, so keeping a revolver in your backpack means it won't be damaged by a zombie attack even if it is "in your hand" at the time.

Zombies wreck your pants and jacket, so stuff in those pockets is most vulnerable. You know this so you can share out your important gear to the safest places.

The reason for zombies existing is to destroy your gear and (maybe) hurt you too.

Damage is shared out in rows for each pocket or pack, starting at the top left square and going right, then the next row down, so stuff in the top left of any container will have the most risk of being ruined, with bottom right the least risk. this is true for any damage, so some players keep rocks or useless stuff in the top left of their pack to absorb bullet damage. (the inventory system will be reworked in 0.56)

There are threads about damage you can research. Already, everyone knows not to keep all your bandages in your pants pocket. If you keep a gun in there instead it will be the gun that is ruined, even if you have it "in your hand" when your pants are ruined.

Yep, some items randomly go back to pristine when you log in, occasionally. I have noticed this just once or twice. The DB seems to forget their status. I'm not complaining.

The press vest that renews itself is a famous glitch. It has changed from one patch to another, I don't know if it's a DayZ myth now or still real.

If it's still happening, it's because no one complains about it (lol).

Edited by pilgrim

I don't mind if zombies would ruin gear littble by little, so you would have to look for supplies to mend it, but right now they ruin your pristine gear in 1 hit. Ruined. This both doesn't make any sense and very frustrating. Not to mention they can ruin your boots, pants and break legs - all in 1 hit. And they can 1-hit K.O. into the head, ignoring pristine military helmet, even if you stand above them. Gear 1-hit pristine -> ruined and 1-hit helmet ignoring head K.O. is bull$hit, otherwise zombies are fine. I would rather see drastically increased amount of zombies out there.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Well - clothes are gear too, of course.

Zombies don't damage backpacks, so keeping a revolver in your backpack means it won't be damaged by a zombie attack even if it is "in your hand" at the time.

Zombies wreck your pants and jacket, so stuff in those pockets is most vulnerable. You know this so you can share out your important gear to the safest places.

The reason for zombies existing is to destroy your gear and (maybe) hurt you too.

Damage is shared out in rows for each pocket or pack, starting at the top left square and going right, then the next row down, so stuff in the top left of any container will have the most risk of being ruined, with bottom right the least risk. this is true for any damage, so some players keep rocks or useless stuff in the top left of their pack to absorb bullet damage.

There are threads about damage you can research. Already, everyone knows not to keep all your bandages in your pants pocket. If you keep a gun in there instead it will be the gun that is ruined, even if you have it "in your hand" when your pants are ruined.

Yep, some items randomly go back to pristine when you log in, occasionally. I have noticed this just once or twice. The DB seems to forget their status. I'm not complaining.

The press vest that renews itself is a famous glitch. It has changed from one patch to another, I don't know if it's a DayZ myth now or still real.

If it's still happening, it's because no one complains about it (lol).

Yeah dude, I know how to pad my inventory. I also know how the server repacks your bag when you log in, sometimes discardig gear if you didn't pack carefully.  My post was about taking less damage now, as well as the miracle gear that repairs itself.  It is happening a lot lately, and I haven't had any of those super zombie attacks that ruin half your shit in one shot.