Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

Public hive server owners can't purge persistence files anymore, okay. But what about this?

Hicks / Eugen said that public hive owners will not be able to purge persistence, but what if a server owner stops paying for their server? As you all know, that ends up the server going offline the same day the invoice becomes due. This will put a lot of players whom depend on camps in to a bad situation.

Has anyone thought of a work around for this?

Edited by Yazar8

Pick reliable, popular public servers that have been around a while and not some fly by night unknown who may not be around tomorrow for your camps? The one time I started with tents and tried creating a stash that server disappeared for good a week later. I've experienced the very thing you're talking about.

• Like 1

Pick reliable, popular public servers that have been around a while and not some fly by night unknown who may not be around tomorrow for your camps? The one time I started with tents and tried creating a stash that server disappeared for good a week later. I've experienced the very thing you're talking about.

What if a technical difficulty happens? "Reliable, popular servers" it varies a lot, what if they forget to pay? You're not getting my point here, this can happen to anyone, it doesn't have to be a reliable or trusted server. Anyone can get their server down to some whatever reason.

Edited by Yazar8

Servers going offline is a risk for any game.

My answer to your concern when I started playing the mod was to start up my own server so I didn't have to keep starting over when a server went offline for good. 

What DBC meant about finding a "good server" is one with an established community that has been running servers for a while. Chances are VERY slim for those to disappear as opposed to all the "rent a server for a month and drop it without warning" guys that are out there.

• Like 2

I have set up a camp a few times (tent with stuff a truck nearby) they all disappeared - its going to happen sooner or later regardless of the server