Sign in to follow this  
Bravo228

Detachable Gun Holster bugged?

Tonight, I was able to get a complete set for the plate carrier vest.  I put my FNX45 into the holster and it disappeared when I tried to remove it from the holster.  Are the detachable gun holsters bugged?

• Like 4

Hmm. I currently have one and had no problem with it. I swapped a couple of pistols in it, took out and put them back in and didn't have any problems. Although I had bugs with the pouches attached to the vest: If i swapped items inside the vest, the item that had to be switched to make place for the one being moved would disappear. 

Somehow it sounds a bit similar to what you say so it might be the vest, gun holster and pouches that are bugged.

Plate carrier attachments are bugged as hell:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=23489

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=23443

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=23982

"This also happen when using the full Plate Carrier with both attachments without trying to attach the parts with items in them.. The magaizines as an example "duplicates" itself and is a struggle to get rid of. Also items disappear when moving them in or out. Also when dragging one item over another already exsisting in Plate Carrier to change place, it will disappear. Most of the times - without ability to be recovered. However today I did find one or two items this happened to in vicinity. It is buggy for sure ;)" © hugin_q3

• Like 2

I've had the 'disappearing loot' bug when attaching a gun holster to a filled attachment pouch.  Until it's fixed I'll just avoid the holster.

• Like 1

I had the whole set and had no issue but i attached them separately and empty over 2 days, First i attached empty pistol holster , then 2 days later the pouches , then found a pistol and added it. Been working , well was working till i got killed :( But it worked fine for a few days when it was all together. Mabey because it was empty ? Did you attach the holster with a pistol already in it ? That vest is the Cat's Pajamas when the whole set is together.

Armor%20Cat_zpsxz320soc.png

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 1

I had the whole set and had no issue but i attached them separately and empty over 2 days, First i attached empty pistol holster , then 2 days later the pouches , then found a pistol and added it. Been working , well was working till i got killed :( But it worked fine for a few days when it was all together. Mabey because it was empty ? Did you attach the holster with a pistol already in it ? That vest is the Cat's Pajamas when the whole set is together.

Maybe that's the right sequence (until it gets fixed).  Detach everything, empty pouches, add holster *then* add pouches, refill pouches and use normally.  When I find a holster I'll try it out.

Edit:  A note on repairing these things too:  

Plate Carrier can be repaired to Pristine with a leather kit but only when nothing is attached.  To repair Attachment pouches, attach them to your newly Pristine Plate Carrier, then repair the combo, this repairs the Attachment Pouch. Unfortunately, I haven't a gun holster to test further.

Edited by GaryWalnuts

Maybe that's the right sequence (until it gets fixed).  Detach everything, empty pouches, add holster *then* add pouches, refill pouches and use normally.  When I find a holster I'll try it out.

Edit:  A note on repairing these things too:  

Plate Carrier can be repaired to Pristine with a leather kit but only when nothing is attached.  To repair Attachment pouches, attach them to your newly Pristine Plate Carrier, then repair the combo, this repairs the Attachment Pouch. Unfortunately, I haven't a gun holster to test further.

Please keep me posted , I was only able to repair the vest to worn in .54 and i think it wouldnt let me repair the pouches but i might have had items in them. Please let me know if you find another holster. I only found the one in that Orange Brick Building with the two doors at each end and the four doors along the small hallway.

I added the holster to the carrier and pouches and a couple bottles and magazines etc vanished. After I cried, I noticed that the storage spaces were not working properly. I drop a can of food in 1 spot and it lands in another spot and the 1st spot is red out to drop another can there. etc...  I took the holster off and watched the test cans etc vanish. Tossed the holster and moved on.

+1 Happened to me as well, my silenced engraved m1911 with flashlight and batteries and 1 chambered bullet, gone... : /

I also noticed that if you have 2 m1911s and they are both chambered, (I dont know if this makes a difference but one was a engraved one with a flashlight the other one a standard m1911 with nothing but 1 bullet in the chamber) that you can fire the chambered m1911 that you have in your hand and then reload by pressing r!

I tested this and you get a reload of 1 bullet this way, but the engraved m1911 then got bugged, since it somehow fired that bullet and it showed that the gun was pulled back (like when its empty) but it still had the chambered bullet in it.
When I tried to eject the bullet it just read that "retrieving or receiving". When I tired to shot the chambered engraved m1911 it would not fire.

I was able to get rid of the phantom bullet or call it whatever you will by detaching the flashlight off the engraved m1911. Very strange bug.

I've had the 'disappearing loot' bug when attaching a gun holster to a filled attachment pouch. Until it's fixed I'll just avoid the holster.

This happened to me and I lost all the contents (10 full slots) in the pouch when attaching the holster. It seems to work well enough for me now that it's complete though, and I do like having a pistol stashed there for emergency zed control!

Thank you all who replied to my post giving me advice.  I added the pistol to the holster first, then attached the holster to the plate carrier.  So that is most likely why my pistol vanished.  Also, I was able to repair my plate carrier, pouches, and holster once they were attached together to pristine using a leather sewing kit.  Oh well, live and learn....alpha right?

• Like 1

I've had the 'disappearing loot' bug when attaching a gun holster to a filled attachment pouch.  Until it's fixed I'll just avoid the holster.

I had exactly the same experience. I'm avoiding pouches too until it's fixed.