Sign in to follow this  
Bush_Wookieing_101

The Master Trap

So today I found 2 bear traps in the Novo clock tower and a landmine at northeast and decided to have a little bit of fun. I travelled to northwest and attracted the attention of some VERY well geared players. Beforehand, I had placed my masterful trap right inside the fire station back door. I legged it across the open airfield, taking 2 shots but remaining alright, booked it through the fire station front door and up the stairs. The other players, thinking I went out the open back door, ran right out and KA-BLEWEY! A pile of free, but mostly ruined, gear laid there for me.

If you have any funny or amuzing stories about the bear trap or landmine, please share. I personally find it hilarious how dumb some people are, but their stupidity is our enjoyment!

Edited by Bush_Wookieing_101
  • Like 1

Everytime i set a bear trap it breaks my legs first attempt

maybe you are a bear? 

mine worked fine !

• Like 1

This... has possibilities. I've not found either yet. How long do landmines and bear traps take to set?

This... has possibilities. I've not found either yet. How long do landmines and bear traps take to set?

Last night  was running to meet up with a buddy and found four beartraps in the same complex of buildings, in addition to the two I was already carrying.  Not wanting the extras to go to waste, I set up the three that I couldn't carry in the doorways of three semi-adjacent buildings.  So if you step on a beartrap, heal, go next door; step on another beartrap, heal, go two doors down, and step on yet another beartrap; you can blame me.  But maybe also learn to keep your wits up.

Once we finally met up, we set the four traps we had between us in a two story tavern, and started taking pot-shots at bambis to draw them up.  Hilarity enused.

• Like 1

What's the process to disarm them (or can you)?

As far as I know it didn't give me any options once I set mine.... Mind you as soon as they were set I kept my distance and didn't really push the envelope on getting close enough to really tell.

My friend claims he ran into a bear trap quite literally a second after spawning. Someone had placed one exactly on a spawn point, apparently.

• Like 1

My friend claims he ran into a bear trap quite literally a second after spawning. Someone had placed one exactly on a spawn point, apparently.

Lol you seem so reassured that's actually what happened.

Lol you seem so reassured that's actually what happened.

I could see some people working in tandem to gather traps, die, and then show up where the spawn point is and put a trap there. That's totally evil, but I could totally see people doing it.

What's the process to disarm them (or can you)?

Carry extra pants and shoes when messing with beartraps.

• Like 1

Pretty scary things these land mines, I spawned into the military jail since I logged out there the last time, I walk out the main door and boom.
I take it that land mines and bear traps are persistent on persistent servers?

If so then someone was pretty reckless, I usually am a friendly player, now I am scared for life, ever since that incident I been looking at every door step. It is creepy.

Evil bandits!
I mean all my gear is useless when they kill me like that! I must have been a random casualty...

Pretty scary things these land mines, I spawned into the military jail since I logged out there the last time, I walk out the main door and boom.

I take it that land mines and bear traps are persistent on persistent servers?

If so then someone was pretty reckless, I usually am a friendly player, now I am scared for life, ever since that incident I been looking at every door step. It is creepy.

Evil bandits!

I mean all my gear is useless when they kill me like that! I must have been a random casualty...

1. All servers SHOULD be persistent.

2.  Reckless?!?  I know where all my traps are, that's kinda the point.  Reckless are the poor souls that get Rekt...

I'll let ya ponder on that one.

1. All servers SHOULD be persistent.

2.  Reckless?!?  I know where all my traps are, that's kinda the point.  Reckless are the poor souls that get Rekt...

I'll let ya ponder on that one.

I disagree, they have normal and hardcore mode.

Instead of just changing the camera from first person to 1st and 3rd person, they should make all hardcore servers persistent and give lesser loot etc, like the .55 update almost but polished.

I think the devs need to start focusing on the hardcore aspect of the game, since there is quite a few people that thought .55 was the best thing ever, they can add that then into the hardcore mode for all I care. Personally I thought it was more boring then challenging with the amount of time invested in berry and apple harvesting etc.

And yeah it is very reckless, your going to kill random people, friendly or not, of course I know that traps are traps but hey, your going to be injuring anyone that stumbles across them, friend or foe alike.

I for one tend to lean along the friendly line, I walked out and got blasted. This is bandit like behavior.

Once we finally met up, we set the four traps we had between us in a two story tavern, and started taking pot-shots at bambis to draw them up.  Hilarity enused.

This pretty much sums up why mines/traps are not needed in this game.

Care to elaborate? 

I've been looting mines on a persistent server and creating a minefield in the orchard in Berezino

#cambodianapplepickingsimulator2015

• Like 3

Care to elaborate? 

Noobkilling, messing with other players, mining places just to blow up someone for "lulz".

You can say "it would be waste of mine" - go tell this to all the geared ghilles who kill bambies on the shore, HUNDREDS OF THEM.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Noobkilling, messing with other players, mining places just to blow up someone for "lulz".

You can say "it would be waste of mine" - go tell this to all the geared ghilles who kill bambies on the shore, HUNDREDS OF THEM.

Works for me. Every mine they use to lulz-kill bambis on the coast is one less mine I need to worry about.

• Like 1

Works for me. Every mine they use to lulz-kill bambis on the coast is one less mine I need to worry about.

With kind of logic does not apply to a game with endless loot respawn.

With kind of logic does not apply to a game with endless loot respawn.

This is Dayz.

This is his story.

In his story, you die.

But, but, but...  We did it for science.

And the batteries.

I disagree, they have normal and hardcore mode.

Instead of just changing the camera from first person to 1st and 3rd person, they should make all hardcore servers persistent and give lesser loot etc, like the .55 update almost but polished.

I think the devs need to start focusing on the hardcore aspect of the game, since there is quite a few people that thought .55 was the best thing ever, they can add that then into the hardcore mode for all I care. Personally I thought it was more boring then challenging with the amount of time invested in berry and apple harvesting etc.

And yeah it is very reckless, your going to kill random people, friendly or not, of course I know that traps are traps but hey, your going to be injuring anyone that stumbles across them, friend or foe alike.

I for one tend to lean along the friendly line, I walked out and got blasted. This is bandit like behavior.

I meant that Persistence is now forced, not that I am advocating for it.

In case you didn't notice, DayZ is supposed to be a hardcore game.  Any effort spent making it more like the vanilla mod would be like reinventing the wheel.

DayZ is headed in a new direction, and hardcore will likely be THE MODE;  Rocky road might be a better fit, cause some folks will just never want marshmallows in their ice cream.

And for those people, there are other options.  But I guess once the Steam workshop tools are released, people can spend as much time as they wish, picking out all the marshmallows and nuts, and trying to revert the chocolate ice cream back to vanilla.  If they were smart, they'd just go buy one of the many different kinds of vanilla ice cream.

If vanilla is what you are after, I beleive that it already exists somewhere.

Go ask Dave Grohl to play more like Nirvana and see if he caves.

Traps are just a good way of shaking hands in DayZ, as the only friendly encounters I have with strangers are the ones where I have control of the situation.  I always try to carry extra shoes and pants, what with the trucks ruining them, random falls from treestands, and of course, traps.  A splint, change of pants, and a can of peaches will turn most people's frown upside-down.