Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyjohnny

Frying pan + cooking tripod does not work?

Hi

I finally downed my first cow and wanted to cook the meat, however, attaching the cooking tripod and the frying pan to the fire doesnt seem to heat up the frying pan at all, tried 2 times. 

Is only the cooking pot valid for cooking meat on the fire? The frying pan hangs in a funny position but since it's accepted to the tripod I assumed it works.

Any comment?

I thought with the frying pan you didn't need the tripod , just put it straight on the fire , did you try that ? It's been so long since I've cooked with a pot or pan in this game lol ....

Hm I tried it but it just stood up in the same weird angle as on the tripod and nothing happened, maybe I didn't wait long enough trying without the tripod

I'm guessing they are still bugged, they certainly have been since they were first introduced. Or maybe they only work on the gas stove?

You need to use 8 rocks on the fire to turn it into a stove before you start the fire. Then you attach the frying pan to the stove and start the fire.

Also make sure you drag the items on the name of the fire and not the grid so it doesnt get ruined.

Edited by Jacobahalls

I see, i'll try the furnace once I find a pickaxe, I believed for a second since it was attachable to the tripod it would work, but judging by the very weird angle it ends up with I guess it just makes sense. 

Or convince my friend to switch the cooking pot for the frying pan hmm :P

You don't need a pickaxe, just go to any rocky area and search for stones.  It gives you the small ones but they work too.

Frying pan + cooking stove + gas cannisters = only two slots of inventory, you can also store stuff inside the frying pan and use it to cook. You can also swap the pan for a cooking pot and use it as storage in the same way. Both work as cooking implements with the portable gas stove but be warned that once the frying pan/pot has been used it will continue to make you warm to the point you may overheat if it's in your bag whilst warm.

I tried to cook some deer meat with a portable gas stove but apparently you can't put at cooking pot on it. The frying pan worked, and I successfully fried the meat. The only problem is that I had to leave the frying pan behind because it was too hot to handle, even after I left it on the ground for 5 minutes.