Sign in to follow this  
Sebidee

Improvised Bow Broken in 0.55?

Looks to me like the bow is broken on 0.55:

UBg7ddEl.jpg

Firstly the animation is kind of screwed up but you also can't fire by clicking. Anyone getting the same thing?

Yepp. Bows are broken, fishing is broken also so don't waste your time with fishing either.

• Like 2

Yepp. Bows are broken, fishing is broken also so don't waste your time with fishing either.

This pisses me off the most right now. Everything else I don't mind/can cope with it.  :lol:

2w7kdba.jpg

2hx39lf.jpg

Left the caught fish, fishing gear and other gifts at a nearby cabin when I saw I couldn't prep my carp for cooking...  <_<  Then went to the forums to read about it and got it confirmed. I'm sure it'll be fixed in 0.56 though. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Damn, I spent ages today getting all the stuff for that bow. My hunting based survival strategy may need to go. Guess it's back to apples :(

Edited by Sebidee

Eat the intestines of the fish, not perfect but it's still calories. :)

You also can't use a frying pan either to cook meat on a fire. Tried using a frying pan on both a Stone Oven and a Camping Stove and the pan doesn't even get hot. So therefore the only current way to cook meat in 0.55 is to find a Cooking Pot, which is a venture in it's own right.

So wait, the patch that is supposed to push us into hunting/fishing and cooking as a means to survive, has broken both fishing and cooking?

Keep up the good work devs.

Fire? Are fires working for you guys?  I can't even craft a fireplace, it disappears after 2-5 seconds of being on the ground, never mind the cooking pot, I've just chased down a chicken aswell, that was the last part I need to go completely native with my bow and arrows :D

Sucks cause those are 2 very juicy looking chicken breasts!  and no fire to cook with, also I looked a right plonker chasing that thing up the field swinging my axe at it!

Edited by Velenon

Have you guys tried eating it raw? It's safe to eat raw human meat in .55, maybe it's safe to eat other sorts of raw meat as well?

Wish the bow can be placed as a melee weapon as I can't put it in my improvise backpack.