Zoop

Admin abuse - What you need to know

US 750 Admin TehBADger kept kicking when I was the only one to join, when multiple people joined he would hide his abuse by not kicking them. I joined this sever several times and kept getting kicked, a friend would join after I get kicked and they would be kicked too but now there are several people in there and we're not being kicked.

US 380 Admin B DIDDY is kicking people other than B|R|A|V|O and Kyle, anyone else who joins gets kicked. He would kick as many as 3-4 people at a time.

I just want to know if it is possible for a server admin to shutdown the server while I am looting a tent. If this is possible I am just never going back to that server...

Has happen to me twice that I have found tents with really amazing loot in it. both times i tried to take the items, both time by the time i get to the second or 3rd item the entire server goes down. I end up having 1 item from 1 and another 3 from the other incident.

does server admins know when their tents are being raided?

again... i dont care about naming or shaming people, i just am going to avoid this server.

Your server doesnt restart every 8 hours. It restarts every now and then and whenever. I've seen it restart 3-4 times in 10 minutes in some cases.

And in which post did I accuse EVERY admin of abuse?

Prove it! LU15 is restarted manually by myself, and every 8 hours, sometimes every 6 depending on load, only once has it been restarted multiple times in a few minutes when we had an issue with battle eye.

I also get kicked without any reasons!

2012071700001.jpg

Seems like they just want to loot those "hotspots" alone...

Edited by ExxY

is it allowed that server admins kick you if you aren't a member of their servers clan? I know you can't kick people to make space for clans, so I'm guessing this is also against the rules.

Server: US 925

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

2 - Understand what powers admins have. We can:

- Password the server

Thats all the admin abuse you need

Well, I dont agree with you by saying " We host the servers for you, not for us " this is in fact simply wrong.

You do host it for yourself, to have a server to play on, with the settings you prefer and where you can kick/ban hackers by yourself.

Every admin who says something else is simply a liar, I am hosting many different gameservers reaching from CS:S over COD to Minecraft, and i would never claim to do that only for the community - you host it for yourself and nobody else ( even though you might be interested in other players joining your server ).

Though I still believe that there are some "legal" admins who aren't abusing their rights and possibilities as admins, I really have to say that there are too many abusing admins.

I played with 3 friends today, on the first server everyone but 3 people got kicked off the server, they seemed to be wanting to be alone ( US 907 ), later they put a password on it, and even later they removed it ( about 7-9 hours after kicking everyone but these 3 players ). after that we were searching for another server and found one ( sadly i forgot the name, but it was also a US server ), when raiding the small airfield at balota we managed to "lock" 3 players in the glasstower, we killed 2 of them and managed to kill a 4th one wo seemed to try to help them, shortly after that we managed to kill the last of the 3 ppl group - aaaaand the server restarted. So far we didn't wonder, restarts happen. When we got back on the server we noticed that the 3 killed people of the tower were the only ones already back and the server and when we logged in the 3 people in the tower were back alive, the 4th one didnt show up again. We had a hard fight with the towermen - now that they knew our positions, but we managed to kill them again, but when the last one died - guess what - a restart again. We though decided to join again and it was the same situation as before, the 3 towermen were back in life and our positions were resetted to where we stood before, but this time they managed to hit one of our group so we decided to recover.

Resumé of a normal day playing DayZ: 2 of 3 Servers didnt work as they should, one used obviously his adminrights to be alone with his friends and collect better equip, and i suspect the other one not to run clean too.

The third server said [GMT-8] but it was deepest night when there should have been around 4 PM.

So i wouldnt say "most" admins are "legal", i'd rather say pretty few admins are running their server "legal".

May I'm havin alot of badluck with my serverchoice, but in 2 weeks of playing DayZ almost every day was like today.

Greetings.

(P.S: There seem to be many servers where only 1 player can join and every other player trying to joing is getting kicket - we noticed that for example at DE 55 where always 1 of our group was able to join, while the other ones got the "you've been removed from the game"-message.

Sorry for misspelling or wrong grammar - I'm neither british nor american )

Edited by Lamkiller

TX20-US80; admin abuse, and apparently a popular place for hackers.

Abuse: i was in prone with 6900(and some) in blood, under a tree near the international airport. i had been there for a while, waiting for help with blood trans, when out of nothing, i somehow get TP'd to a dessert looking area, instantly falling to loose my consciousness and dropping to half my health (around 2500), to then having to wait for the time glass to fill up, leaving me with only 650 in blood, including bandaging myself...

Hacking: i've never seen nor experienced a hacker in the game (i think). but there have been alot of talk about how everyone else in the server was killed by one, like "fucking hacker just killed me / damn u hacker" and lost more, some of then included names in which i dont remember.

SERVER UK22

Just got killed on a server so tried to join a new low population one to re-gear up again (UK 22). 10 people on the server of which 5 were called: "Mr Red, Mr Blue, Mr Yellow, Mr Pink and Mr Green/White/Hoops"

The second I joined I got kicked - I had Ping of 30, lower than most already on server.

Given the amount of similar names I think this was admin abuse so they could hoard.

Happened at 1.08am GMT.

Thanks

Well, I dont agree with you by saying " We host the servers for you, not for us " this is in fact simply wrong.

You do host it for yourself, to have a server to play on, with the settings you prefer and where you can kick/ban hackers by yourself.

Every admin who says something else is simply a liar,

And you, sir, are either lying yourself or you're a moron.

I haven't even played DayZ in 3 and a half weeks, and I don't intend to jump back in anytime soon. So really, am I hosting it for myself then?

And the victimes always blame the one who are called administrators that swing hatchets crazily in seaside.

Well I believe it's just fake admins who took their souls.

Edited by chad57

And you, sir, are either lying yourself or you're a moron.

I haven't even played DayZ in 3 and a half weeks, and I don't intend to jump back in anytime soon. So really, am I hosting it for myself then?

Yes, you are.

If you dont have any friends that play on your server and you arent playing by yourself, you are one of the 1% of the admins that really do something for the community, but since you say you didnt play dayz for 3 weeks that also means you arent testing if everything just runs fine after patches and so on, so you are obviously lying or youre just a troll.

Yes, you are.

If you dont have any friends that play on your server and you arent playing by yourself, you are one of the 1% of the admins that really do something for the community, but since you say you didnt play dayz for 3 weeks that also means you arent testing if everything just runs fine after patches and so on, so you are obviously lying or youre just a troll.

Oh really? So having a dedicated forum topic on our forums in which people can say 'the server doesn't work after the new patch' isn't good enough now?

People aren't all greedy grubs like you just out to benefit themselves.

2 - Understand what powers admins have. We can: (No you can't?)

- Lock the server

- Restart the server

- Password the server

- Restart the mission in-game

- Kick or ban players

K, those arent "powers" you have, that implies you get to use them when you wish. You have those options, but you aren't allowed to go around banning and kicking players willy nilly for no reason. sorry to break it to you, scrub, but when people bitch about admin abuse, it's because leetist pricks like you walk around thinking you're king shit with your /kick command. I wouldnt doubt if I hopped on your server, you have the most pimped out toon and camp. Oh but here's the beauty part of it, after doing a bit of research, I found out you started this thread because YOUR ACCOUNT WAS BANNED FOR ADMIN ABUSE. Stop being a whiny little ninny about it, and stop abusing your "powers" batman, cause you have none. You have tools, and tools should not be using tools.

Since I don't feel like making yet another thread for this, but US 4944 and US 921 (recruit servers) kick players all the time. I noticed this when I first started and wrote them down. If this is acceptible the disregard my post.

2 - Understand what powers admins have. We can: (No you can't?)

- Lock the server

- Restart the server

- Password the server

- Restart the mission in-game

- Kick or ban players

K, those arent "powers" you have, that implies you get to use them when you wish. You have those options, but you aren't allowed to go around banning and kicking players willy nilly for no reason. sorry to break it to you, scrub, but when people bitch about admin abuse, it's because leetist pricks like you walk around thinking you're king shit with your /kick command. I wouldnt doubt if I hopped on your server, you have the most pimped out toon and camp. Oh but here's the beauty part of it, after doing a bit of research, I found out you started this thread because YOUR ACCOUNT WAS BANNED FOR ADMIN ABUSE. Stop being a whiny little ninny about it, and stop abusing your "powers" batman, cause you have none. You have tools, and tools should not be using tools.

Uhm...wat?

Firstly, it is explained, in the OP, that those things listed are what admins are able to do, not necessarily allowed to do.

Secondly, I haven't played in over three weeks so if I magically have a well-equipped toon, yai(?), I think? I'm at university, with nothing but a crappy netbook, so, yeah.

Thirdly, where was I banned for admin abuse? What admin abuse? Or are you totally pulling that out of thin air? You've clearly got the wrong person here or you're trolling.

I'm all for ignoring internet ragebois like yourself, but I'm really curious why you have decided to aim all your hate at me for some reason.

Just to back myself up a bit here, here's the thread for our server on the official forums. http://www.nag.co.za...-Thread/page167

As you can see, it's still running, so I don't really see where you get that I've been banned for admin abuse?

So really, did you pull this entire thing right out of thin air and actually believe yourself, or are you just out to troll and sling baseless accusations my way for no apparent reason?

Edited by Zoop

Oh really? So having a dedicated forum topic on our forums in which people can say 'the server doesn't work after the new patch' isn't good enough now?

People aren't all greedy grubs like you just out to benefit themselves.

You suggest a Support-Thread as a explanation that you arent hosting the server for you/your friends?

I got a thread like this also on my homepage, just like every trader/reseller/shop :rolleyes:

And in fact - People ARE all "greedy grubs like me", thats what humans are like even if you help someone else "without getting anything for it", you still do it for yourself, because you are hopeing that the person will be grateful or to feel better.

Wake up mate, take a look around and see the world how it is. :(

P.S: It tells a lot about you person and character how you are offending everyone who isnt your opinion. youre just a small-minded, rude person, but if it helps you to feel like givin presents to all people you are hosting servers for ( obsiously you arent hosting them for anyone you know :rolleyes: ) and be a hero for them - go on with it

Edited by Lamkiller

Look, dude. If I was so fickle that I want to hear people thank me just so I can feel better about myself, I wouldn't spend hundreds of rands on a server. I'd buy bread and make sandwiches for the homeless. Now, unless you can actually bring something worth discussing to the table, stop accusing everyone of something you do. Thanks.

Edited by Zoop

Let me lay something out for you big guy.

No disrespect but the rules in place are stupid. If you're crying about getting kicked from a server for no reason there are 3000+ other servers. Not every admin is a dick. When someone owns a server, they have the ability to do what they wish.

"OH BUT WHAT IF THEY HACK?" ~ BattlEye :)

"PROMOTE THE COMMUNITY" ~ They are in there own sense, the are buying a server FOR DAYZ and probably getting there friends to play in their 'private' or 'public'. Owning a server is a promotion to any community, restricting rights after owning the server is what makes people irritated.

3 Reasons:

- The bullshit hoops you have to jump through to ban someone with or without cause.

- The inability to play privately with some friends. Not everyone wants triggerhappypete to run down a hill spraying his weapon at you. You can say they 'hoard' or whatever your excuse is for being mad that you were kicked but alot of my friends that play INTRODUCED the game to me and asked me to join them and play. Team play, 5 on 5, squad vs squad. in a private dayz server. ( Yes, they locked it ) Not once did they cheat. They used team dynamics and played against friends legitimately. It was fun to have a squad vs squad style gameplay with friends or another clan/team.

- If I buy server for $50, I should be able to do what I wish.

Example:

I've been banned/kicked from servers, I don't come on here and cry about it like a little girl. I find a different server or I go play a different game for a while and come back later. I get the hint they want to play privately or cheat. If they are cheating, they'll get the BANHAMMER.

If I'm playing in counter-strike and get banned, I don't go on steampowered forums and start crying. I find another server. ( Even if they were 'abusing' admin. )

Again ~ there are 3000+ servers for this game, counter-strike source has maybe 1200-1500 US servers. Find a different one and move on. You didn't lose your gear.

A response will probably be "well then what if all the server admins start doing this?" ~ There are public and private servers for a reason in most games. If the admins want you in there, they will keep it public. As many of the people in this community call players who lock servers or try to play by themselves greedy, seriously.. relax. Eventually they will have to go in another server to frag anyone and that will give any the chance to knock them down. They can hoard as much as they want, eventually it will all be lost due to death in the game and if they open their server and are cheating, Leave. Simple.

People make this crap so hard to deal with when it's really just so easy.

Edited by dolo12
  • Like 1

Heh, as I thought. No response from Goodyear. Probably because he has no way to back up his claims and this 'research' he did doesn't actually exist. Just another troll, I guess.

Hi, today me and my friend was playing for a long time, we have 2 cars and found a truck, but when we found the truck, we see a sniper, my friend killed one sniper, when it see AGAIN, another sniper and we kill he too.. (first sniper: [sCAR]Shadow, second sniper: [sCAR]Lucas both ADMINS)

We killed 2 snipers, OK, when we open the gear the server has disconnect all players.

Admin shutdown the server for we cant get items >:(

Server/Player/Clan INFO:

Clan: SCAR

Players: [sCAR]Shadow, [sCAR]Lucas

Server: DayZ - US 1422 (v1.7.2.3/Beta 95310) [Veteran 3DP:1 CH:1] dayzmod.com - hosted by Scar Gaming

IP ADDRESs: 199.116.118.53:2312

Abusive admins <_<

Edit:

Right Now on 19:08(GMT -3)

Server is back, but all players including admins have stollen my car and camping on my location, when i back they killed me :)

ADMINS ABUSERS!

Edited by tiagocwb