Red_Ensign

so my 3pp tent server is now 1pp

finally found a server that doesn't eat my tent.  and it's 1pp today.  my 3pp tent is there...  so does my 1pp character have access to that tent?  is the tent lost forever again?  I really don't wanna walk through 50 zillion miles of silent track star zombies that all know kung fu in 1pp to find out.

I swear this game finds a way daily to make my shit disappear.  points for creativity today.

Edited by Red_Ensign

Can you spawn on the other server? If it puts you there in your own gear (and not fresh respawn/alt char) and you can interchange between the two servers you should be able to get the tent! It's just a guess, but as long as it is the same character that spawns on both servers, you can take the tent with you. You might wanna wait for confirmation, but logically it has to work. Though logic is not one of Dayz's strongpoints at the moment ^^

Yeah, I lose gear to the game, too. However, I think of lately I actually die less to glitches than to pvp.  

Tents are not that hard to find, I just look at car wrecks, e.g. around Cherno. Might depend on your server though. We have 6 small tents and a miltary one. 2 of those and the military we found today. And not in crazy, outlandish places, the military tent just spawned in a house, according to my friend who found it.   

Can you spawn on the other server? If it puts you there in your own gear (and not fresh respawn/alt char) and you can interchange between the two servers you should be able to get the tent! It's just a guess, but as long as it is the same character that spawns on both servers, you can take the tent with you. You might wanna wait for confirmation, but logically it has to work. Though logic is not one of Dayz's strongpoints at the moment ^^

Yeah, I lose gear to the game, too. However, I think of lately I actually die less to glitches than to pvp.  

Tents are not that hard to find, I just look at car wrecks, e.g. around Cherno. Might depend on your server though. We have 6 small tents and a miltary one. 2 of those and the military we found today. And not in crazy, outlandish places, the military tent just spawned in a house, according to my friend who found it.   

it loads my 1pp character on that server now.

the tent isn't hard to replace, but the shit in it is.  and there's 90% of the map between where the tent was and where both characters are.  unless I find a truck, confirming the tent's existence (or otherwise) will take HOURS if I don't wanna starve my character to death sprinting there.  today it's really hard to see a point in investing time in this game.

it loads my 1pp character on that server now.

the tent isn't hard to replace, but the shit in it is.  and there's 90% of the map between where the tent was and where both characters are.  unless I find a truck, confirming the tent's existence (or otherwise) will take HOURS if I don't wanna starve my character to death sprinting there.  today it's really hard to see a point in investing time in this game.

You need to play this with a friend or two. We always have a truck at our base and call each other to "get the fuck over here and pick me up" :)

Trucks, yes. Had bad luck with all the southern spawns during this update. The most trucks I found are in the western area between Lopatino and Vavilovo. I also often find a truck in Kabanino (between the barns). The problem is that most trucks will have moved by now and people ran out of gas somewhere. I just drove from Svetlojarsk to Berezino and saw three trucks idle on the road. Hope you get there and are able to pickup the tent.

I didn't understand that your tent is full of loot, before. Yeah that would suck if it despawned. Best of luck!

Edited by S3V3N

I know the 1pp and 3pp shards are different for your character. If the server switched modes, it should only affect your character.

However, the server might also have wiped when it switched modes, in which case your tent would be gone.

Also, persistence is being a bitch right now, so your tent might be gone.

That being said, if the server didn't wipe (and persistence is working properly), your tent and its items should still be there. But again, persistence is not working properly right now, so good luck. =/

If the server admin changes the server type back to 3pp/1pp there's a chance your tent will still be there. I've changed my server back and forth before and the persistence sticks for both types. But then again, throw the Wed reset into the mix, and it does decrease your chances.  

my 1pp character got to the spot where the 3pp tent was and it was actually there with all the stuff.  none of that stuff is useful to my 1pp character because I play it differently, but interesting.

still shitty that they switched it on me with no notices on the server prior to the change.