Sign in to follow this  
slippery gypsy

Can i just say....

Before i get potentially shot down for not being hardcore enough or a hater etc 

I do enjoy the latest patch as it brings me back to my 2017 days 

I am however of the opinion that we need an alternative means to light fires if the current state private servers are in is any indication of the loot/difficulty level
then once disease are fully implemented no one will survive because everyone will die from food poisoning 

I would also like/request a means to craft rope with the means to do both you could truely land on the beach craft a stone knife and go fully native 

I feel with the alternative means to at the very least light a fire you could survive at lot longer and move away from the berry/apple picking simulator we have right now
And to a lesser extent alternative means to craft rope would make hunting wildlife just that little bit easier  

But once again that how i like the game and my opinion 

Feel free to discuss benefits or drawbacks    imo; i cannot see either of those features being a game breaker or promote any negative effect to the game i can however see the anti -game suppossed to be hard angle and the implementation of either would make it easier but that would only be for now 

• Like 1

I think roadflares (possibly flaregun flares too) can be used to start fires.  But yes we do need more means of starting fires.  A lighter(s), two sticks, flint and steel, steel wool and a battery, a friggen magnifying glass.  Think there's even a video of someone starting a fire with a (full) PET bottle and some paper.  It'd also be nice if we could make fire bundles and the like as well.

Also you can use guts as a substitute for rope, at least for crafting.  Not only that but they can double as a heatpack in a pinch.

• Like 1

I think roadflares (possibly flaregun flares too) can be used to start fires.  But yes we do need more means of starting fires.  A lighter(s), two sticks, flint and steel, steel wool and a battery, a friggen magnifying glass.  Think there's even a video of someone starting a fire with a (full) PET bottle and some paper.  It'd also be nice if we could make fire bundles and the like as well.

Also you can use guts as a substitute for rope, at least for crafting.  Not only that but they can double as a heatpack in a pinch.

I knew about the guts as a heat pack but rope? Is it a right click procedure?

I knew about the guts as a heat pack but rope? Is it a right click procedure?

It just works like rope in crafting. No need to convert it though. 

The big guts.... not the small guts. So you still need to kill a big animal first... which sort of defeats the purpose.

I think you can get big guts from skinning players though... im not sure.

Edited by WolfgangErikson

It just works like rope in crafting. No need to convert it though. 

The big guts.... not the small guts. So you still need to kill a big animal first... which sort of defeats the purpose.

I think you can get big guts from skinning players though... im not sure.

Cool, I killed my first deer the day .55 rolled out and was actually almost freezing so I wandered around with the warm guts in my pockets until they cooled. I'm almost always carrying at least 1 burlap sack to make stash bags around the map though but now rope seems harder to find.

I think roadflares (possibly flaregun flares too) can be used to start fires.  

Flare guns do not (at least empty ones). I just tried it since I saw this post and was carrying already.

The devs have said they are developing a way of starting fires without the need for matches.

Perhaps you will have to craft a bow drill (might just use the current bow) and collect bark from a tree (already in the game) and use a stick.  It will probably take a very long time to light the fire so matches would still be valuable.

Edited by Beav

Road flares ignite fireplace, I did that yesterday. I was lucky to find from the 3rd house I looked when Boneboys gave a hint.

I'll test that PET bottle and paper today.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I do enjoy the latest patch as it brings me back to my 2017 days 

You intend to be homeless with nothing to eat on 2017?

You intend to be homeless with nothing to eat on 2017?

Different strokes for different folks my friend and 2017 was my flavor 

This is very good to know about the innards 

Do you know when that came in as this is the first time i have heard about it 

That is brilliant  ..stone knife ..bag of lime..  and flare   is theoretically all you need to cloth weaponize and survive 

Road flares ignite fireplace, I did that yesterday. I was lucky to find from the 3rd house I looked when Boneboys gave a hint.

I'll test that PET bottle and paper today.

Can't do the PET bottle and paper in game, it was a video done in real life.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwQJ-3pZfwc

Flare guns do not (at least empty ones). I just tried it since I saw this post and was carrying already.

I didn't mean the flare gun, I meant the flare that goes into the gun.  And I wasn't sure if it could be used to start fires or not (in game anyway)