Sign in to follow this  
Captain Brannigan

.cfg File unavailable

There are lots of posts on the internet about missing .cfg files and the different kinds of "fixes". I have tried everything and mine is still inaccessible. I click on it and it brings up the file association helper and what not. I have tried deleting it then starting Dayz as well as completely reinstalling it. Am I just sh*t out of luck or is there something out there that I just haven't seen yet? I would really like to change the config parameters to help my FPS and this is definitely the biggest hurdle so far. Any help is greatly appreciated.

So you can't open it with notepad? First time you need to select the default program that opens those files so select notepad there. So "Open with..." -> select/find "Notepad".

If the problem is that you just can't edit the file then check from the file or folder properties your account accessabilities and also if the file is somehow marked as read only then unmark that.

I click on it and it brings up the file association helper and what not.

Have you even bothered readin what the file association manager does? It lets you open the file with your preferred way.

95% of the tutorials out there that describe how to change the cfg will explain you to open it with NotePad as well. Might be a thing to start there?

So you can't open it with notepad? First time you need to select the default program that opens those files so select notepad there. So "Open with..." -> select/find "Notepad".

If the problem is that you just can't edit the file then check from the file or folder properties your account accessabilities and also if the file is somehow marked as read only then unmark that.

Have you even bothered readin what the file association manager does? It lets you open the file with your preferred way.

95% of the tutorials out there that describe how to change the cfg will explain you to open it with NotePad as well. Might be a thing to start there?

Welp...both of you have successfully made me feel inferior lol. The guides out there said nothing about notepad. I appreciate the help :)

• Like 1

Welp...both of you have successfully made me feel inferior lol. The guides out there said nothing about notepad. I appreciate the help :)

Glad you figured it out. Let me know if you need anything.