Sign in to follow this  
atempleton

Professional Fishing

I find it hard to believe the only way to go fishing is with a poorly crafted rope and Ashwood stick. Given how many people go fishing, and how rarely fishing is actually done, we should make it possible to find proper professional fishing rods in houses. They can be used as poor melee weapons like in the mod or to do fishing, with a stronger line than a normal ashwood fishing rod. Ideally they should also be able to be dismantled like the Trumpet with reel removed and rod telescoped in. Also we should be able to make bait out of meat gathered from hunting or fishing, or canned food.

Fishing rods surely would be very common and in almost everyone's zombie apocalypse wishlist.

Edited by Handgun_Hero
  • Like 1

They should be found mostly in coastal towns or even the rowboats we find washed up on shore all the time.

I don't have a fishing rod, but I totally have fishing tackle, as part of my survival kit. The rod can be made from any old study branch.

Couldn't agree more, while not an avid fisherman, I do own three fishing rods (two for freshwater fish, one for Salt Water). I think that players should be able to come across not only fishing rods (complete with reels) but also Fishing Tackle boxes which can double up as storage boxes. For example, a small fishing tackle box could be a 3x1 slot item holding 6 items (such as hooks, spare line, lures, bait etc).

FlambeauTackleBoxModel1737-super.jpg

I'd Love as well they added three types of fishing rod, an old styled freshwater match rod, a sea worthy fishing rod (which is much stronger and doesn't wear down as quickly) and a small telescopic rod which can be collapsed for storage (but is the weakest of three).

Wouldn't this require you to go fishing at sea? I mean what is the point of having another fishing hook, if you can just catch the same fish like with a improv rod from an ashwood stick? It's only cosmetical, even though logically there would be a lot of fishing rods to be found in houses. And then why would you want to take the risk of fishing at the coast, where people can spot you easily? I don't really see the need for this kind of fishing experience. It might become interesting if it had a different mechanic, i.e. some kind of minigame for fishing (a bit more diverse than "check the bait" and "pull out"). Also, if we ever get to build bases at sea or on islands it would be a welcome addition to catch some bigger fish.