Sign in to follow this  
serialtux

V3S is now made of paper and a death trap

The changes to the V3S are horrible.  They might as well be made of wet paper, and it's even worse with the constant desync issues while you are in them.  I have died twice now because of the server desync while driving down a road, because the desync made me crash into something.  I even ruined my boots because I ran over several zombies?!?  They should be changed back, at least until the desync issues are resolved.  

Also I have checked everywhere on the server and have only found 3 V3Ss.  Have the number of spawns changed?

• Like 1

The changes to the V3S are horrible.  They might as well be made of wet paper, and it's even worse with the constant desync issues while you are in them.  I have died twice now because of the server desync while driving down a road, because the desync made me crash into something.  I even ruined my boots because I ran over several zombies?!?  They should be changed back, at least until the desync issues are resolved.  

Also I have checked everywhere on the server and have only found 3 V3Ss.  Have the number of spawns changed?

Persistence is on every server now so other people have most likely hidden the other V3S

I can ruin my stuff whilst sitting in a v3s? well, thx for letting me know to seriously avoid them this patch :D

Persistence is on every server now so other people have most likely hidden the other V3S

Nobody has had the chance to loot all the trucks on our server.  We were the first to get on it after the update.  Just no truck spawns on my server except the 3 that have killed or ruined my gear.

I'm just avoiding the trucks for now, until the devs can make them less buggy. Currently, there's no reason to ride them.

V3S has been a serious death trap in this patch for me, it causes major desynch, even when driving slowly I am suddenly warped 20meters forward at times and sudden collision(on top of already more than usual desynch than in 0.54, this was something I had on 0.54 persistence servers though and not on non persistence servers).

Also funny to note that I've gotten pants and boots ruined every time I've collided no matter how slow I was driving and crash. Apparently I am using my feet as brakes or I am pushing the pedal through the floor and on crash my foot get wonked up. ; )

Learn to drive I have 5 and can carefully navigate.. Stop holding turbo and slow down for turns and de sync won't get u

• Like 1

Learn to drive I have 5 and can carefully navigate.. Stop holding turbo and slow down for turns and de sync won't get u

I have no problem driving, actually in 0.54 non persistence server I had no issues whatsoever with desynch, I can not adjust to random dessynchs causing me to suddenly warp 10 or 50m ahead and then pop back, then two seconds later pop back forward again and then I've collided.

That is assuming I was using turbo, in 0.55 I've had crazy desynch even on a server where I have a consistent less than 40ms.

This still doesn't change the fact that I can suddenly desynch for 10 seconds not even getting a desynch message, just popping back and forth and then blam! collision.

My solution in any case is just not to drive, I mainly did this for testing and found that I can't drive at all in this patch, the instant I get into a car I start to desynch like crazy.

I am not saying this is an issue for everyone, this is something I've gotten problems with since 0.55 and not sure what causes it, but it is happening no matter how calmly I drive. also during a desynch you can't decellerate(just the same as you standing still and getting a desync and you noticed you've got a zombie behind you, running during desync won't help as you will just warp back again) to stop the car as input won't be updated(eg out of my hands) simple as that.

Edited by Zervox

Drove from zelengorsk to the nw and back yesterday no probs with desync. However about not finding trucks, we found the same on our server. First people on it since the update, ran from zelno to Lopatino and found only one. Checked every spawn basically except myshniko. Definitely think spawns were decreased.

• Like 1

Drove from zelengorsk to the nw and back yesterday no probs with desync. However about not finding trucks, we found the same on our server. First people on it since the update, ran from zelno to Lopatino and found only one. Checked every spawn basically except myshniko. Definitely think spawns were decreased.

On pers servers trucks have not reset on many of them weekly... So people could have had them from last week.

I assume if someone drives into the ocean the trucks will stay there right?

I assume if someone drives into the ocean the trucks will stay there right?

Was wondering that too?

I did notice last week if you leave one under water it will be floating on the surface after a relog or restart. you can swim to it and get in at which point it sinks again.

• Like 1

Reminds of the tractors you could sometimes find in the mod. I used to call them coffins with wheels. Thanks for letting us know, I was just about to start looking for a car.