herbivorethegoat

Overpowered Zamboozles

Eyup.

I'm an average DayZ player, but I only recently got SA. A big change I noticed is that zombies are much harder, if not damn near impossible to kill. I'll have gone round the map scavenging with little to no zombie trouble, I'll be wielding a trusty Crowbar and wearing my swaggy tank helmet, red woolly coat and army pants when I get spotted by a zombie. With the issues I'm having, this means game over for me as I can never lose zombies without getting more on my tail and combat is out of the question. When I have no other option, however, I'll raise my crowbar to defend myself and start swinging at his head when he gets close enough, but then here is where the issue arises.

I swing and swing over and over again at the bugger's noggin and I'll get a hit every time, but it takes far too long for him to finally keel over and by then, my stuff is ruined and I have enough blood in me to fill a sippy cup. Back on the mod version, if I found an axe, I could handle myself easily with zombies. Get them inside a building and they're already dead, or, if you're in a field, just get lucky on that closeline click. It was one hit on the head and they're gone for good, which seems accurate. Now it feels like I'm wailing on a building with a Golf Club. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or that's just how the zombies are.

Eyup.

I'm an average DayZ player, but I only recently got SA. A big change I noticed is that zombies are much harder, if not damn near impossible to kill. I'll have gone round the map scavenging with little to no zombie trouble, I'll be wielding a trusty Crowbar and wearing my swaggy tank helmet, red woolly coat and army pants when I get spotted by a zombie. With the issues I'm having, this means game over for me as I can never lose zombies without getting more on my tail and combat is out of the question. When I have no other option, however, I'll raise my crowbar to defend myself and start swinging at his head when he gets close enough, but then here is where the issue arises.

I swing and swing over and over again at the bugger's noggin and I'll get a hit every time, but it takes far too long for him to finally keel over and by then, my stuff is ruined and I have enough blood in me to fill a sippy cup. Back on the mod version, if I found an axe, I could handle myself easily with zombies. Get them inside a building and they're already dead, or, if you're in a field, just get lucky on that closeline click. It was one hit on the head and they're gone for good, which seems accurate. Now it feels like I'm wailing on a building with a Golf Club. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or that's just how the zombies are.

They should be harder still

Crowbar is a pretty rubbish weapon and always has been. Im sure it will be tweaked at some point. I can tell you now though, the zombies are still too easy. You should never be in a position where you can "easily" handle a zombie. The zombies are better than they used to be, harder to kill but able to sneak past though they are still buggy and a bit laggy. Perhaps its desync thats making it hard?

I have a fire axe and it took me 2 hits to kill (previous patches it was 1 hit). Zombie aggro range from gunshots is still too low. For now try and sneak past them, watch to see where they are facing and go past when they have their back to you. Did this in vybor and i had to wait about 1 minute while it walked around and finaly looked away. 

Crowbar is a pretty rubbish weapon and always has been. Im sure it will be tweaked at some point. I can tell you now though, the zombies are still too easy. You should never be in a position where you can "easily" handle a zombie. The zombies are better than they used to be, harder to kill but able to sneak past though they are still buggy and a bit laggy. Perhaps its desync thats making it hard?

I have a fire axe and it took me 2 hits to kill (previous patches it was 1 hit). Zombie aggro range from gunshots is still too low. For now try and sneak past them, watch to see where they are facing and go past when they have their back to you. Did this in vybor and i had to wait about 1 minute while it walked around and finaly looked away. 

Well, I might just be bad at the game but I'm talking 10-15 hits (To the head) and by then I'm almost dead. It feels like it shouldn't be this hard to kill them. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong when I DO have to fight.

Well, I might just be bad at the game but I'm talking 10-15 hits (To the head) and by then I'm almost dead. It feels like it shouldn't be this hard to kill them. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong when I DO have to fight.

They made them harder but didnt tweak the melee weapons. Its probably not your fault as like i said the crowbar is shocking. Untill you find an axe, just take it slow and easy. Try locking them in rooms.