Sign in to follow this  
Raven6-1

Mountain Asylum

So, as per my thread on DayZRP, I'm going to carry over my observations to here.

Well, this idea won't be able to be used until/if we get modding or the DayZ devs decide to add it but...

I want to see an asylum in the north-western part of the map when they expand it further, set in the mountains with one road up/down and no other way to reach it. It'd be remote, far from most loot spawns or towns, and feature multiple interiors including: padded cells, counselor rooms, morgue, hospital wing, and a security barracks.

As far as what loot would spawn here: food, new doctor/nurse clothing, straitjackets that can be put on someone and tied to restrict movement or left untied if one wants to wear it, foodstuffs, drinks, melee weapons, stun-guns, and their respective ammunition. The clothing and food/drinks would have the higher chance to spawn, with the weapons being sparse and in-between.

As far as the exterior looks go, I think something like this, maybe?

The_Mental_Asylum_ii_by_Jamie_Knop.jpg

Around it would be cliffs and high concrete walls, with a couple of concrete towers to seal the grounds. A large, gothic-style gate would be the only entrance onto the ground for vehicle to fit through.

P1010641-e1353931595642-768x1024.jpg

Beneath the asylum, there could be a 'secret' entrance/exit in the form of an old WW1/2-era tunnel that leads to the base of the cliffs and is exited by moving a faux-boulder out of the way.

Decided to find a spot for it and think I've succeeded.
Just needs terrain tweaks, which is usually how it goes when they add new locations anyways.

d4aea5ea-910d-4e74-9c9e-4767c5a79a75_zps

Link to the thread:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-mountain-asylum

Edited by Ravenite
  • Like 9

Most defenatly! It would be so scary to be there at night, with zeds lurking around, crying and screaming in the corridors and rooms. Imagine going there to find a special medicin, and then you get stuck in a room with zeds bashing on the door. The story goes on...

Short said. Would really love this. Especially when the new zombie sounds and barricading gets implomented!

I think an abandoned mental health institution is a great idea and I fully support it.

One small criticism: the location could be more ideal I think. I totally get why you chose where you did, but I don't think it would go there because it will be too close to where the huge military facility will be. I can't imagine putting an insane asylum right next to a bunch of weapons and tanks ;)

As an alternative, may I suggest Black Forest? If they take out the existing "estate" there (really just a house and a shed) and replace it with the asylum you're referring to, it would be the perfect setting in my opinion. It would be buried in a dark forest with only a few small dirt roads going in and out of the area, and it's still very remote.

ad3vxxYh.png

• Like 1

I think an abandoned mental health institution is a great idea and I fully support it.

One small criticism: the location could be more ideal I think. I totally get why you chose where you did, but I don't think it would go there because it will be too close to where the huge military facility will be. I can't imagine putting an insane asylum right next to a bunch of weapons and tanks ;)

As an alternative, may I suggest Black Forest? If they take out the existing "estate" there (really just a house and a shed) and replace it with the asylum you're referring to, it would be the perfect setting in my opinion. It would be buried in a dark forest with only a few small dirt roads going in and out of the area, and it's still very remote.

ad3vxxYh.png

I like that thought, but I'll point out this: It'd have to be surrounded in a way that approaching and entering it won't be easy. Therefore, cliffs and etc, and the allowance of the underground tunnel.

P.S. Also, what military facility are you talking about? I'd like a source, if possible, for that info.

Edited by Ravenite

I like that thought, but I'll point out this: It'd have to be surrounded in a way that approaching and entering it won't be easy. Therefore, cliffs and etc, and the allowance of the underground tunnel.

P.S. Also, what military facility are you talking about? I'd like a source, if possible, for that info.

If you go up there and have a look around, you will find that the roads have already been paved and the building areas have been cleared and concrete foundations poured. It looks like it will be a considerable facility, perhaps on par with the base outside of Pavlovo.

I would like to see this or a HUGE creepy old factory with lots of hallways and rooms  :D

• Like 1

Side note, this might go REALLY well with the backstory for the country. Eg, when people first started getting "infected" maybe they sent them to the mental health facility, because they thought they had a mental illness somehow?

Add this onto my last post (cant edit my post on mobile) be nice if we saw some infected in straight jackets, or in patient gowns while we were here...

2spooky4me.

this would be the greatest place to mess with people at.

• Like 1

So, as per my thread on DayZRP, I'm going to carry over my observations to here.

Well, this idea won't be able to be used until/if we get modding or the DayZ devs decide to add it but...

I want to see an asylum in the north-western part of the map when they expand it further, set in the mountains with one road up/down and no other way to reach it. It'd be remote, far from most loot spawns or towns, and feature multiple interiors including: padded cells, counselor rooms, morgue, hospital wing, and a security barracks.

As far as what loot would spawn here: food, new doctor/nurse clothing, straitjackets that can be put on someone and tied to restrict movement or left untied if one wants to wear it, foodstuffs, drinks, melee weapons, stun-guns, and their respective ammunition. The clothing and food/drinks would have the higher chance to spawn, with the weapons being sparse and in-between.

As far as the exterior looks go, I think something like this, maybe?

The_Mental_Asylum_ii_by_Jamie_Knop.jpg

Around it would be cliffs and high concrete walls, with a couple of concrete towers to seal the grounds. A large, gothic-style gate would be the only entrance onto the ground for vehicle to fit through.

P1010641-e1353931595642-768x1024.jpg

Beneath the asylum, there could be a 'secret' entrance/exit in the form of an old WW1/2-era tunnel that leads to the base of the cliffs and is exited by moving a faux-boulder out of the way.

Decided to find a spot for it and think I've succeeded.

Just needs terrain tweaks, which is usually how it goes when they add new locations anyways.

d4aea5ea-910d-4e74-9c9e-4767c5a79a75_zps

Link to the thread:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-mountain-asylum

I've been watching Anthony_Kongphan stream a lot lately and I came to the same idea...an old asylum would be awesome. There's a great deal that could be done with the concept in both mechanics and lore; I mean...what better way to conduct unethical experiments than to do so on people that no one would ever believe? The sad truth behind the matter is that this is what has happened within the past...experimental "treatments" conducted upon patients that were too deranged to even express what was happening to them...and that's if anyone even came to visit them at all. Mental disabilities were so stigmatized back in the day that few of these poor bastards ever received visitors that they could even try to tell what was happening to them.

Ironically, there's no need for a WW1/2-era tunnel because some asylums had a hidden "body chute" to transport dead bodies without raising any suspicion from the locals. More often than not, this was done when there was an outbreak of a serious illness and they had massive amounts of people dying off...which works out in favor of the concept here because the dead may have been transported via this tunnel before they realized that the dead wouldn't be so dead for very long...thus resulting in the spreading to the nearby towns.

I think it would also be interesting to have zombies bound in straight jackets that are faster and use only their mouths to attack.

ad3vxxYh.png

Agreed, though if there are ties between the asylum and the military base...they could be located closer together. As stated above, there's a chance that the mental patients were used as test bunnies...

• Like 1