Sign in to follow this  
lordlemos

IV Holder/Pole - A way to use IV / Blood bag without help

Could this be added in hospitals to make you to be able to use IV/Blood bags without any help?

235lg.jpg

• Like 5

I like it, maybe we could make one with sticks and duct tape too.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen this suggested before. Good one!

They should be too big to carry in a backpack but can be held in hands and eventually when vehicles have storage, placed in those for transport taking up many slots.

People would mostly be looking to use them inside the hospitals where they spawn which would create an interaction hotspot out of the hospital similar to how crafting tables will draw people.

I always hated how IV bags needed a buddy. Anyone who attends a Combat life saver class in the military can self administer bags. I'm sure civilian paramedic trade schools teach students the same.

From what I gather you just pop it into the vein and hold it up, basically?

No medical experience at all here but I could probably do that.

That was my first idea. Use that one to make people go to the hospital and make them stay still. Like others equipment's in Day Z the improvised ones would give less IV/Blood or even have the possibility of make a hole on it and let all the liquid go away. 

And then you give yourself an air embolism and die painfully.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism

Saline bags and blood bags requiring a partner is there to promote teamwork.

In my opinion, blood bags should be removed (blood goes bad awfully fast when not refrigerated, and so far I have seen no working fridges in Chernarus!) and saline bags should have the chance, however small, of causing an embolism and killing the injectee. This is because nowhere in the game is it stated our survivors have paramedic training. I would rather assume we don't have the training, instead of assuming we are "do-everything" supermen, that can fly a helicopter (that they fixed) while injecting themselves with saline and firing an assault rifle one handed (that never jams)

Don't like that, and don't want it to happen? Don't get injured. Take things slow, watch your surroundings, and if you have to fight, fight with overwhelming superiority (from ambush, overwhelming, "stick and move", etc)

Remember when this game was supposed to be hard? Now arguably the biggest struggle and danger in-game comes from server lag.

Edited by Whyherro123

Hold it, place it on a peg/railing. I have heard from off hand sources of applying direct pressure on the bag, But I wouldn't try it unless a trained paramedic validated it.

Buddy system does not eliminate the risk of a misphap.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2876914/

Yes, it is a hold over from the mod days to earn good boy points to get a hero skin. However while buddy system mechanics should be in, bags should be streamlined. Replace with CPR, buddy carry, and perhaps two man method on certain actions accelerate player actions like crafting,repairing, and fire making.

In my opinion, blood bags should be removed (blood goes bad awfully fast when not refrigerated, and so far I have seen no working fridges in Chernarus!)

Yes get rid of the blood bags, I've been saying that since day one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism

In my opinion, blood bags should be removed (blood goes bad awfully fast when not refrigerated, and so far I have seen no working fridges in Chernarus!) and saline bags should have the chance, however small, of causing an embolism and killing the injectee.

This is why I'm not a doctor.