Sign in to follow this  
5p4rtan (DayZ)

AK74 and AKS74u Magazines

Why are these magazines not interchangeable? In reality the only difference between the 2 is one is an SBR and the other is a full length rifle. Ammo, upper, lower, bolt, bolt carrier.... they're all the same! Makes 0 sense to make 2 different magazines for a shorter barreled version of the AK74.......

I didn't know they weren't interchangeable? I swear i've used the same magazine on both weapons in previous patches? Oh well, they're rare as f*ck anyway :P

Thinking the op has a 101 mag. The look very similar when the 74 mag is painted black

• Like 2

It was definitely an ak74 mag as it had the 5.45mmx39mm ammo. I tried attaching it directly to my AKS74U (both pristine) and I also tried to hold the aks74u in my hands and reload it. Nadda

It was definitely an ak74 mag as it had the 5.45mmx39mm ammo. I tried attaching it directly to my AKS74U (both pristine) and I also tried to hold the aks74u in my hands and reload it. Nadda

Ruined, perhaps?

Edit:  Like Bigbadchuck said.

Edited by emuthreat

They are interchangable. They are brown to begin with unless painted.

they both just asy ak74 mag also there is no ak74u mags 

AK74 mags generally fit on the AK74 and the carbine version of the weapon which is AKs74u. They are chambered with the same cartridge.

Anyway, nowadays DayZ inventory has a lot of desync. I would reccomend you to press the R button. Also drop your weapon and pick it up back. Try relogging, etc. And make sure your mag is not ruined. 

Edited by Yazar8

My bad, I tried to add the mag to the gun when the single round was chambered.  Apparently you can't add a magazine to a gun when there is a round already chambered.

Bad news is I tossed that magazine thinking it was no good.  Good news is a found another, unchambered the single bullet and then was able to add the magazine.