Sign in to follow this  
Wookieenoob

more sawn-offs? blaze/repeater/SKS/CR527/SVD.... pistols?

does anyone know if (barring the new breech-loaded 7.62 weapon) we'll get any more sawnoffs? i'd like to be able to get more cool sawn and sprayed weapons, like a sawn-off repeater or magnum with no barrel.

i really want a pistol spraycannon with no barrel too

as a note, why can you not attach mosin attachments to the sawnoff? there's no change to the sight mount, and a LRS sawnoff isn't exactly practical right? 

also, why is it that the mosin sawnoff can't have the sawn parts painted? surely if i paint it after sawing it it should be fully covered? 

Edited by Wookieenoob
  • Like 2

Well... a lot of the guns you mentioned wouldn't work if sawn off for example the sks if you were to saw that off that would completely ruin the gas system so it wouldn't work. The svd is the same because the gas operating system like an ak is on top of the barrel. The repeaters magazine is under the barrel so sawing that off would ruin that gun too.

• Like 3

They were talking about sawing off the B95, which would be cool.  There's no real reason why you wouldn't be able to keep a PU on your obrez, but with an 8" barrel...  Its smaller effective range doesn't really warrant it.

Also, you can't saw the barrel off of a repeater.  All your ammunition would fall out the front of the tube magazine.

TheAll your ammunition would fall out the front of the tube magazine.

The repeaters magazine is under the barrel so sawing that off would ruin that gun too.

no it would not.

all you would have to do is put the end cap back on the tube. you would have less magazine capacity. about 5 or 6.

And the Kalashnikovs you could just saw it off before the gas port.

like this

Draco-Ak-Pistol.jpg

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 1

Well... a lot of the guns you mentioned wouldn't work if sawn off for example the sks if you were to saw that off that would completely ruin the gas system so it wouldn't work. The svd is the same because the gas operating system like an ak is on top of the barrel. The repeaters magazine is under the barrel so sawing that off would ruin that gun too.

You could just enlarge the gas port. Personally, mounting the rail to an SKS receiver is also some work, yet our characters can manage that, instantly, and without tools.

no it would not.

all you would have to do is put the end cap back on the tube. you would have less magazine capacity. about 5 or 6.

like this

Draco-Ak-Pistol.jpg

You do know that the area where you put the rounds into a tube magazine is right under the barrel so when you saw it off plugging the cap just creates a useless metal tube. Chiappa-Firearms-LA-322-calibro-22-long-

I guess you could cut it off before that but it wouldnt be very practical to nearly ruin a gun to cut off a few inches, same goes to the AK's the sights would be completely useless and inaccurate but I guess you could saw off the AK's 2 or 3 inches  

Edited by fg45rr1

no it would not.

I stand corrected.  I've never actually taken apart a lever action rifle before, but looking at a assembly schematic of the Rossi 92 the tube isn't threaded, the only thing you would need to do after cutting the magazine tube, spring, and barrel would be to drill a hole for the magazine cap screw and move the barrel band back with a screwdriver.

So I learned something today.

Edit:  Schematic found here - http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Rossi92.gif

Edited by SgtPotatoes

-snap-

well this wouldn't work with the trumpet, as you have pictured. only the repeater. as SgtPotatoes said

I stand corrected.  I've never actually taken apart a lever action rifle before, but looking at a assembly schematic of the Rossi 92 the tube isn't threaded, the only thing you would need to do after cutting the magazine tube, spring, and barrel would be to drill a hole for the magazine cap screw and move the barrel band back with a screwdriver.

So I learned something today.

Edit:  Schematic found here - http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Rossi92.gif

• Like 1

-snip-

Well that would require more than just a hacksaw.  You'd pretty much need to be a gunsmith (With the right or close to right tools for it to work.  I do like the idea of being able to cut down more weapons, and maybe when we get advanced crafting we can make AK pistols and the like.  I'd also be curious if we could do some other type of gunsmithing as well with existing and future guns, like turning the Sporter into a Takedown.

Sporter into a Takedown.

Ruger-22-Charger-Takedown-Pistol.jpg?30f

so like this? that would be the greatest little surprise pistol ever.

• Like 1

no it would not.

like this

Draco-Ak-Pistol.jpg

Wouldn't that require some macining and welding ?

How would all this gunsmithing be done with a simple bone saw ?

Welding? Nooooooo.

all you would have to do with the repeater would be to unload the magazine, unscrew the endcap, take out the bullets and spring, then saw the barrel off at desired length, then put the spring back in after shortening it, put the endcap back on, and you should be good to go.

As elite snipers, professional surgeons, olypmic runners and out right super beings, I'm sure we can do this with just a hacksaw, screwdriver and hammer.  

• Like 1

Welding? Nooooooo.

all you would have to do with the repeater would be to unload the magazine, unscrew the endcap, take out the bullets and spring, then saw the barrel off at desired length, then put the spring back in after shortening it, put the endcap back on, and you should be good to go.

Wouldn't the tub need to be machined for end cap to rebolt on or would simply gluing it work.

Well even the sawn off mosin is crap...only sawn off worth having is the shotty so I don't see why adding more would be of use.

I think super let them saw off any gun and just ruin them 

Wouldn't the tub need to be machined for end cap to rebolt on or would simply gluing it work.

it should just screw on the end. my marlin 336 has a screw than goes through the tube from the side so you would have to just bore a new hole.

Not to mention we already have the compact ak 74.... 

-snip-

Didn't mean that but that'd be sweet too.  Was talking about the Takedown Version of the 10/22 so we can take it apart and store it like the trumpet.

Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg

• Like 2

I will not be happy until I can craft a laser gun B)

Sawed off shottie is a fun little gun but I don't see the need to saw off anything else

Didn't mean that but that'd be sweet too.  Was talking about the Takedown Version of the 10/22 so we can take it apart and store it like the trumpet.

Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg

i'd love this once we get the weapon modding expansion. 

also the ability to make the barrel longer and add a scope to the .22 rifles 

there's nothing more funny than skylining with a trumpet

• Like 1

well this wouldn't work with the trumpet, as you have pictured. only the repeater. as SgtPotatoes said

My bad I always thought the repeater was loaded by the tube but it's actually loaded by the side so yeah you could saw it off and plug it up to make a hand gun repeater mares leg type of thing my bad

• Like 1

My bad I always thought the repeater was loaded by the tube but it's actually loaded by the side so yeah you could saw it off and plug it up to make a hand gun repeater mares leg type of thing my bad

wouldn't it be so much better if you could saw off most of the weapons?

perhaps with the "crafting bench" building you could craft improved sawn-off weapons with replaced ironsights and modifications like pistol grips and shortened magazines on repeaters. 

Although it's not really necessary i think for continuity's sake all of the guns that would be as simple to saw off as the Mosin is should be saw off-able.

The Blaze, CR527 and the upcoming Model 70 should all have sawn off versions but any of the guns that would require something more complicated than simply sawing off the barrel with a hacksaw should not have the option.

Although it's not really necessary i think for continuity's sake all of the guns that would be as simple to saw off as the Mosin is should be saw off-able.

The Blaze, CR527 and the upcoming Model 70 should all have sawn off versions but any of the guns that would require something more complicated than simply sawing off the barrel with a hacksaw should not have the option.

there are "crafting recipe" more complex things coming, so i wouldn't rule anything out entirely.

what about a bullpup AK recipe