SMoss

Fan Art Friday

qd5abHf.jpg

As some of you know, I recently was able to take a trip to Boston to represent DayZ at PAX East with Brian. It was hectic, tiring, and a bit stressful but also turned out to be extremely inspiring and humbling to interact face to face with fans, listen to their stories and to speak with streamers and content creators about what has inspired them.

Some of the creations which have come out of the community completely floor us in the office. The live action videos, drawings, paintings, songs, animations and  others are cherished in the hearts of developers as an outward expression of one’s affection for our work - even though they sometimes poke fun at our game’s shortcomings.

One of my personal favorites is a series by Lilith Lucratea, whose work has previously been shown by her beau, and DayZ Associate Producer, Eugen Harton. Good art should not only be aesthetically pleasing, but also make you feel something and I think this work does just that:

RiqydXK.jpg

The dark forest and faded silhouette is somehow able to reflect feelings of loneliness and the idea of losing your identity or, perhaps, a life fading into insignificance.

Since so many in our community have been likewise inspired to create their own works, I wanted to propose #FanArtFriday for DayZ. This will be an opportunity for artists to submit their DayZ inspired artwork. So starting Wednesday, March 25th I will open up a new thread in the forum here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/144-art/

Anybody who would like to may submit their visual media there, along with some short bio and a link to your social media page/deviantart profile/website/whatever.  I’d encourage everyone to swing by a few times during the week to “give your beans” to your favorite entries. After a week of submissions, I’ll lock the thread and on the following Friday of that week, the team will pick a few of our favorite entries and announce them to the community.

I really have no idea how you all will respond so we’ll give it a try and, who knows, maybe rinse, repeat in the future.

About Lilith:

“I got inspired by DayZ, because of the atmosphere of the world, design and its visuals. There are really nice gems hidden all over the world of Chernarus. When I sit down to paint one of these, its a transformation of something that I can share and be excited about with others who share the passion. Its almost a photosynthesis :)”

Chris / Associate Art Director

• Like 6

Congrats to Lilith! :)

Any of you who are not familiar with her work should check out her Twitter (@Lucratea). She also did a painting of one of my screenshots which you can check out here.

• Like 2