Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

An Actual in game Day Z

This would only work if you really did it just like, the movie "Battle Royale" did it.

Explosive collars. The zones (I presume the squares on the map) around the map are detonation zones and every 20 minutes, another zone gets added one square inside of the outer zones, the zones go left to right until all that's left is Chernogorsk. If a player is in a zone for longer than 5 minutes, their head explodes.

Making a larger spawn of zombies would just crash a server and at least with collars, you could deem the whole zombie outbreak thing as a fucked up experiment.

I think the concept of finite resources is the real push for players to act differently. What do people do when the food runs out? When the ammo runs dry, all the best weapons are gone? Would it break down into complete anarchy with people going medieval on each other with hatchets?

I imagine there would be a stampede for the hospitals and the NW airfield. Or would you be better off backing off and trying to get a group together?

with today's map range it would be very hard to play this mod... just because it would take you up to several days to win it...

but still this idea seems interesting =)

with another map, maybe, maybe))

you should be able to log out, but when you do your char will just stand where you logged off ingame so you are in danger even when you logged off

you should be able to log out' date=' but when you do your char will just stand where you logged off ingame so you are in danger even when you logged off

[/quote']

I agree - in this scenario the game shouldnt be paused at any stage. Treat it as sleeping in a hostile environment - you find a safe place and hide. nIf someone or something finds you, you can be robbed or killed.

If you want a true Social Experiment then this mode is the way to go. Choices will have consequences (in so much as a video game can) and players will have to think before shooting and looting.

I was thinking about what would happen if there was an actual Day Z in this game. Putting aside the logistics of getting 50 people to login to the game at the same time' date=' what i mean is simple.

50 players spawn along the coast at the same time at random positions. All loot spawns once, once it is gone it doesnt respawn. Once you die you cant login again. You logout for any reason you die in game. No other players can login while the "day" is in progress.

The game begins. What would happen? How long would it last before there were one person or a group left? Would people just bolt for Military spawn locations? Would everyone eventually be running around with hatchets after the ammo has run dry?

Just thinking out loud during a boring day at work.

[/quote']

I like it, sounds like a sort of tournament and if you got 25 servers running this competition you could put the 25 in a FINAL server to duke it out.

Winner gets a t-shirt?

I like it' date=' sounds like a sort of tournament and if you got 25 servers running this competition you could put the 25 in a FINAL server to duke it out.

Winner gets a t-shirt?

[/quote']

Good idea, multi-server tournaments. It would take forever though :)

What is this? Hunger Games?

No its Zombie Hunger Games.

It would take weeks to finish off the last guy

Not if there is no respawning food and drink.

Water bottles can be infinitely filled form wells and food can be gathered from animals. Only thing that can run out is ammo, medical supplies and players so theoretically a lone wolf with axe, matches and a water bottle can live in the world forever without ever dying of starvation or thirst

I assume that zed drops would be turned off for this experiment so contestants wouldn't farm 'em for loot

Not if there is no respawning food and drink.

Water bottles can be infinitely filled form wells and food can be gathered from animals. Only thing that can run out is ammo' date=' medical supplies and players so theoretically a lone wolf with axe, matches and a water bottle can live in the world forever without ever dying of starvation or thirst

I assume that zed drops would be turned off for this experiment so contestants wouldn't farm 'em for loot

[/quote']

Thats a good point about the Zed drops -they would have to be made very rare but not off i think.

I believe Rocket wants to include food harvesting in later updates so perhaps peoiple would congregate around a water source - much like in real life.

What other "modes" of Day Z could there be?

No-weapons zombie survival single player.

First there are no zombies and every 3 seconds there spawns a random zombie somewhere on the map. After 1 hour there are over 1000 zombies. After 3 hours over 3000. See how long you can last.. :)

First there are no zombies and every 3 seconds there spawns a random zombie somewhere on the map. After 1 hour there are over 1000 zombies. After 3 hours over 3000. See how long you can last.. :)

This is already possible with another/the other Arma 2 zombie mod/s. Sans hunger/thirst/temperature needs, and what-have you.

In fact so is TC's idea

This is already possible with another/the other Arma 2 zombie mod/s. Sans hunger/thirst/temperature needs' date=' and what-have you.

In fact so is TC's idea

[/quote']

Really? What are the names of these mods?

This is already possible with another/the other Arma 2 zombie mod/s. Sans hunger/thirst/temperature needs' date=' and what-have you.

In fact so is TC's idea

[/quote']

Really? What are the names of these mods?

Arma 2 Undead mod, I think it is. You'll have to do some minimal editor work of course.

Just have a reward at the end of the day/tournament and people will be very willing to give up their time, but make the map alot smaller because im guessing you will have those people that will hide until its a 1v1.