cuddly_rabbit

Was not playing for 6 months... what's the Top 10 things I should be doing?

Heyhey!

I haven't been playing for 6+ months and recently started again.

It's fun and tense again, so I'll give it another try.
I saw a lot of new items, read about some of the cool changes (tents, fireplaces, etc) and eagerly started collecting loot.

But I ask myself: What should I really do to see all the progress that has been made in that time?

Would be nice if players could suggest a few "Must do" things for DayZ nowadays because when I played last, it was "get gun, go Berenzino madness, kill, die, corpse-run, kill, die again". 

Thank you in advance and see you! :)

Jack

1 - Try surviving the DayZ mini-game "Truck Driver!"  Your mission is to try surviving 5 minutes of driving a truck without rolling it or glitching through the floor (actually, I've had no problem with trucks myself but lots of people do)

2 - Get to da chopper!  Not sure when choppers were added but if they are less than 6 months old then why not combine Truck Driver! with "Chopper Hunter!"  Look for crashed US helicopters (easy to find thanks to the black smoke) and Russian choppers (slightly harder as there is no smoke)

3 - Turn DayZ running simulator into DayZ swimming simulator by...

4 - Playing "Prisoner Cell Block Dead" where you visit the new prison island and get involved in a humungous firefight

5 - Try your hand at hunting animals.  Thanks to the recent AI change this is virtually impossible as all animals come equipped with state of the art, survivor tracking GPS\radar systems, making it virtually impossible to get within a mile of a cow.  However, if you CAN take one down you can then try..

6 - Cooking.  Make a fire and then use a tripod and cooking pot to cook soe delicious steaks.  Yummy!  But don't waste that animal skin because now you can...

7 - Tan the animal hide using lime.  Make the snazzy new leather clothes (tip - only the leather stroage vest and maybe the backpack are really worth it)

8 - Boldy go where no survivor has gone before!  Visit the new Northern areas of Chernarus for some really nice locations, generally unspoilt by hordes of PVPing players

9 - Go natural - search for a stone and make an improvised stone knife.  Find an Ash tree and make a bow, then grab some feathers and sticks to make arrows. 

10 - Get to the top of the tower in Novo, jump off and press "9" to activate your new, built-in parachute and glide down to the ground.  Awesome feeling!  *

*  10 might be a lie, I ran out of ideas.

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 8

Heyhey!

But I ask myself: What should I really do to see all the progress that has been made in that time?

#1 Play.

• Like 1

Visit prison island

Play on a pivate hive, persistence on.

Survive as long as you can in elektro with a smersh vest. Do not kos.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

Survive as long as you can in elektro with a smersh vest. Do not kos.

:D gg.

5 - Try your hand at hunting animals.  Thanks to the recent AI change this is virtually impossible as all animals come equipped with state of the art, survivor tracking GPS\radar systems, making it virtually impossible to get within a mile of a cow.  However, if you CAN take one down you can then try..

With the new stealth I was able to crawl up to the back of a cow and kill it with an axe. Stay prone until you are right behind the cow. Havn't tried it with Z's yet.

• Like 1

Honestly, if you can make it out north without any hitches, you will have a good time. I found no loot at the coastal towns so got some food and drink and went north, One town I found a rusted jeep with 2 AK mags, SKS, SKS clip, magnum clip and a tac vest. Was kinda rewarding for my treck out there.

find a knife (if you can), kill everyone you see (if you found a gun and ammo), cut them up for meat as all food is missing,

• Like 1

With the new stealth I was able to crawl up to the back of a cow and kill it with an axe. Stay prone until you are right behind the cow. Havn't tried it with Z's yet.

Wild life is pretty glitchy in the 2 servers i play  at least.

cows especially seem to get stuck on certain terrain i have managed to kill a cow with a stone knife while it is stuck in a running animation 

It's been a very long while since I've played this game too.

Did a couple hours today.

WHERE has all the loot gone?

The whole place seemed empty. No backpacks, guns, ammo, chow, duds. Nadda!

Well, I did find a pen and a wool dress, both of which I MacGyvered. ;)

After dieing multiple times from dehydration or starvation on various servers, I finally gave it up.

This is just a temporary aberration I assume??

Edited by Concord

It's been a very long while since I've played this game too.

Did a couple hours today.

WHERE has all the loot gone?

The whole place seemed empty. No backpacks, guns, ammo, chow, duds. Nadda!

Well, I did find a pen and a wool dress, both of which I MacGyvered. ;)

After dieing multiple times from dehydration or starvation on various servers, I finally gave it up.

This is just a temporary aberration I assume??

Try another server, some have great loot, some have enough and the rest seem to have very little to none. I don't know why there's such inequality between servers, but I feel bad for guys running the ones with no loot, as players seem to disappear from them. Hopefully they'll fix this asap.