Sign in to follow this  
Wookieenoob

too many "do not join" servers to report

honestly i really think there needs to be a solution to all the servers with names like "unstable" "do not join" "join=kick" "character reset" "always night character reset" etc.

they're now so common that like every other server has some sort of title like this.

incase you don't know what these servers are, they're where people put their duping camps and farm loot. 

by the time the game is released there will need to be some sort of active filter or admin presence patrolling the servers. the current system of "report+warn" does nothing with the sheer volume of these servers. people complain about loot hopping but never considered that actually people just loot the largest military bases and then soft restart their farming servers.

not a thread reporting servers by the way mods, a thread saying something needs to change as far as policing this junk goes. 

• Like 11

I love joining these "dont join" servers. How can one resist?

Got kicked?

Change your nickname to ServerReported and rejoin.

Edited by halp
  • Like 7

Can't they just make a private server?

then they wouldn't be able to farm loot to use on pvp servers

• Like 2

While this is an issue, we can't do much as of now other than report and hope for the best, so I would recommend finding a good Private shard/community to stick with, because you don't need to worry about server hoppers, and they tend to have a good stable player base due to the fact they can't bring their characters with them. On top of that, you need not worry about leaving your friends if you join a different server c: So all in all, just stick with Private shards for now, they're much more reliable.

• Like 1

I love joining these "dont join" servers. How can one resist?

Got kicked?

Change your nickname to ServerReported and rejoin.

Did this exact thing the other day.  Changed my name to IReportedYou.  Guy tried to add me on Steam afterwards.  Ignored and blocked all communication.  It felt glorious.

• Like 4

Every time I report it I get nowhere. Last one I reported, I think it was as Fragnet server, they only issued them a warning and wouldn't do anything more because I didn't have video evidence. It literally takes an act of god to get anything done about it. Leaving it up to Villayer, Fragnet, etc just simply isn't working imo. What's even more annoying is when the admin goes on the server wide chat and is like, "Get the fuck out" before kicking you. Best bet is to report to one of the mods or boneboys, I know they do look into it, but from my experience reporting to the hosting company hasn't gotten me anywhere, at least as far as this particular issue is concerned. This is one thing I think a number of people are hoping that BI takes a more proactive role in, because the community policing the rules for public servers may not be a system that's working.

• Like 2

You mean wont be able to farm loot, jump onto other Public servers, and use the server hop option available to them.

You indeed hit everything on topic that most are upset about. Or they will use their own server to Ghost then back to KOS the target.

I just don't like the kicking option they use and get away with it. When reported mostly pushed under the carpet, with a slight sweep under the carpet. $$$ nobody wants to lose.

Every time I report it I get nowhere. Last one I reported, I think it was as Fragnet server, they only issued them a warning and wouldn't do anything more because I didn't have video evidence. It literally takes an act of god to get anything done about it. Leaving it up to Villayer, Fragnet, etc just simply isn't working imo. What's even more annoying is when the admin goes on the server wide chat and is like, "Get the fuck out" before kicking you. Best bet is to report to one of the mods or boneboys, I know they do look into it, but from my experience reporting to the hosting company hasn't gotten me anywhere, at least as far as this particular issue is concerned. This is one thing I think a number of people are hoping that BI takes a more proactive role in, because the community policing the rules for public servers may not be a system that's working.

They all do it, and when you prove your point it is all your fault I have good proof of it and it was all my fault. I doubt the accused got any warning why I still see the server after boot attempts to allow them to farm there own server on public. Saw it reported it and still was ignored with 10 threads to ask the server company just read the damn pictures.

I sent all mine to BI guys and gave them some incites to known issues, just to join a public server.

I am sure BI is very aware of these issues. I am also sure they have talked to the server companies before and to the present. Give it time it will work out, and keep reporting.

We also need to move past these problems and start focusing on the game more.

I am getting sick of even responding to these topics honestly. And I think I should listen to myself and ignore them from now on.

Id rather just post bugs.

Why does everyone care what they do with their servers?  They pay for it, not you.  If you don't like it, play somewhere else or start dolling out some cash.  There are plenty of public servers for use, if you're not going to contribute then I suggest you stop complaining that someone is using something THEY PAID FOR in a way that makes you butthurt and join a different server.

Another reason to get rid of public servers and have 1 character per server.

Soon as that happens all these servers will cease to exist.

• Like 2

Why does everyone care what they do with their servers?  They pay for it, not you.  If you don't like it, play somewhere else or start dolling out some cash.  There are plenty of public servers for use, if you're not going to contribute then I suggest you stop complaining that someone is using something THEY PAID FOR in a way that makes you butthurt and join a different server.

Because it fucking affects the other servers.

• Like 1

Oh, okay didn't realize that.

Because being on the public hive means we should have access to their server. They may well have paid for it, but if they're going to be on the public hive then there are rules they must comply with. Those rules are intended to avoid trying to mislead other players or continually kicking other players to farm in peace - which is a form of exploit (actually one of the worst forms).

If an admin doesn't in principle want me or anyone else on their server, they should damn well pay the excess for a private hive.

Oh, and in answer to your rather lame 'go elsewhere' point - of the servers in my part of the world, something like 75% are servers of this kind.

• Like 3

Because being on the public hive means we should have access to their server. They may well have paid for it, but if they're going to be on the public hive then there are rules they must comply with. Those rules are intended to avoid trying to mislead other players or continually kicking other players to farm in peace - which is a form of exploit (actually one of the worst forms).

If an admin doesn't in principle want me or anyone else on their server, they should damn well pay the excess for a private hive.

Oh, and in answer to your rather lame 'go elsewhere' point - of the servers in my part of the world, something like 75% are servers of this kind.

Then pay for your own server and you won't have a problem with the way people who DID pay for their own run THEIR OWN SERVER.  Simple.  This doesn't affect me ever, I just don't go on those servers.  No sense in complaining when there's like 10,000 real public servers to the maybe 10 that will kick you out.  Just go somewhere else... 75% is not even close.

Then pay for your own server and you won't have a problem with the way people who DID pay for their own run THEIR OWN SERVER.  Simple.  This doesn't affect me ever, I just don't go on those servers.  No sense in complaining when there's like 10,000 real public servers to the maybe 10 that will kick you out.  Just go somewhere else... 75% is not even close.

I think someone is using their own private loot server...

• Like 6

again its against the rules, they also don't pay the same price as private. So you need to know more before speaking.

• Like 1

it's their own server, but there are rules... they break thoses rules, and benefit from it at the depends of the other players. as explained before : thoses servers are used to farm loot without being looted with random player, then the owners joins a public server with their AKM/drum mag/PSO and spray players that aquired their gear the right way, taking risks and time for it.

those servers owner have to be forced to respect the rules.

maybe one character per server is the solution.... that would not have been needed if people wouldn't have abused the system. hopping/ghosting/combat log/server loot farmers... so many bad habits to destroy :(

• Like 1

Again, pay for it yourself or stop whining like children.  And no, I don't have my own server.  But I'm not stupid enough to join one, knowing full well I'll be kicked, and then cry about it to the forums afterward.  There's plenty of servers out there, find one.

Again, pay for it yourself or stop whining like children.  And no, I don't have my own server.  But I'm not stupid enough to join one, knowing full well I'll be kicked, and then cry about it to the forums afterward.  There's plenty of servers out there, find one.

Oh stop with the children and crying comments. It's the public hive. The people who are doing it are exploiting and doing so because they either can't be bothered to pay for a private server, or want to have an unreasonable advantage over the rest of us.

Your solution - for everyone to pay for their own server (where presumably you'd be happy for them to kick anyone who tries to join it) sounds to me pretty much like what you do. That's why you always pop up in these threads with the same tired line.

• Like 6

Because on "public" servers it is against the rules and honestly should get your "public" server shut down. It's that simple.

• Like 4

mate you're missing the point

these servers are where the squads of fully kitted players with M4 and PMRAK and grenades and mosins and 16 protector cases come from. 

i even know traders that use almost the same tactic just without the illegal server name.

if you don't want bads with 10000s of tents full of loot hidden away then you want them to do something about this. (i say bads, i mean bads, good people will get tents of shite anyway)

• Like 3

Paying money to gain an advantage over those who aren't paying money. You are encouraging a Pay 2 Win play-style. Go play H1Z1 if that's what you want.

If you are saying it doesn't effect anybody, you are wrong. They are kicking people so they can completely loot their own server and then return to the public servers fully geared and ready to dominate the rest of the Free-2-Play community. Do you really think they are kicking people off there server and playing only on that server? Who would they even play against if they stayed?

You are either naive the the purpose of kicking like this and the consequences to the rest of the community, or you are one of the guys doing it.

Edited by WolfgangErikson
  • Like 6