Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

Possible Other Ways To Fix Items That Currently Cannot Be Repaired Yet?

So i was thinking for gear like military helmets, Can openers, etc that we have ways to repair them. From maybe like scrap metal you find and possibly a simple tool like some kind of blowtorch to melt the metal on damaged pieces. Or we could do more repair ideas with the upcoming barrel or even the current forge to melt metals down into more workable materials. Who knows really the ideas are endless for smithing and metal work repair.

I could even see it used as a way to repair guns when you cant find a gun repair kit. Mind you the items will never be or made 100% ever again it would still increase the value of gear that can be extremely hard to obtain. Maybe even bringing it back from Ruined state or taking ruined items to break them down into basic materials to use for other stuff.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 4

I Love it , we can yank scrap metal off the crashed helichoptors and mabey the hammers can be used if they add a small anvil :)

anvil_zpsok2pdfsb.jpg

• Like 2

I Love it , we can yank scrap metal off the crashed helichoptors and mabey the hammers can be used if they add a small anvil :)

anvil_zpsok2pdfsb.jpg

Hell yeah! I would love to see tones of repair and craft options possible with things like this. We do have medieval swords in game after all and a mace which I have not seen yet.

If I can mend my gear with an anvil, I'm gonna be the new blacksmith cx I'd love this though, plus we have the factory buildings with the workbenches we could use instead of the anvil, considering we're in modern times :p

• Like 2

If I can mend my gear with an anvil, I'm gonna be the new blacksmith cx I'd love this though, plus we have the factory buildings with the workbenches we could use instead of the anvil, considering we're in modern times :P

Well i heard crafting tables. But i HOPE we can repair items on it as well. They should at least consider an anvil as a possible other way of repairing things to. :)

• Like 1

Welding and cutting isnt hard, and does not require electricity, so if they wanted to they could add a welding setup.

so you could find a welding cart, which would come with a welding or cutting tip, and a bottle of either acetylene or oxygen, but you would need to find a bottle of either oxygen or acetylene.

Then weld away.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

And also new models for the fixed items so you can see what the player and the item have been through!

guns that get repaired with scrap metal should be really unprecise over 30m though, scopes that would be repaired with scrap metal should either fall off after 10 shots or not have 100% zeroing now ofcourse the more you do it the better your smithing skill gets and the better stuff you can make with it 

(military helmet reinforced with tin plates made out of cans would look epic though :OO)

maybe with a knife you can make  plastic bottle strips when combined with scope frame (which is made out of metal scraps) you could make an improvised scope or improvised red dot (with pen) that can be put on most guns except shotguns and is somewhat unprecise

also crafting improvised tin plate carrier (wont stop bullets but low tier melee weapons like screwdrivers,hammers hunting knifes etc for a few hits)

or be able to craft scrap metal shiff

From the latest status report, if you missed it...

"Moving on to more advanced weapon customization, we've done a good deal of discussion on allowing more specific customization per weapon. Adding in rail systems, shoe horn mount scopes, barrel swaps, and so on. Controlling when and where this is done is critical to the flow of gameplay across the map. Creating hot spots, and high traffic areas for players looking to gear up, and create their favorite weapon. At this point, we're looking at adding in advanced crafting tables into this existing (soon to be enter-able) maintenance structure scattered throughout Chernarus. "

2015-03-16_00009.jpg

I would think the crafting table being put into the above structures could allow for the kind of repairs you are looking to do.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1