Sign in to follow this  
goodfellas2

What can I UPGRADE in my PC to make DayZ run better?

Hello, I built a pc about 1 month and 1/2 ago and it has been great in most of the games ive played but ive had to run dayz on low and still lag in the cities and big towns. What can i upgrade to make it run better, GPU, CPU etc. My current specs are...

Mobo-MSI A78-E35

CPU-Amd Athlon X4 750K 3.8 GHZ

GPU-Nvidia Gtx 750 Ti 2gb 

Ram-8 GB

HDD-1 TB

PSU-corsair 500w

Case-corsair spec 01

I think thats everything, if i forgot something tell me, oh and if you find a part that is a good upgrade make sure it is compatible with ALL my parts. THANK YOU!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but DayZ just doesn't run as well on AMD processors. Even Intel i7 CPUs struggle with this game. Therefore, there's not a damn thing that you can do, unless you are prepared to drop more cash on an Intel CPU and motherboard.

Your best bet is to refer to some of the performance guides and try editing the scene complexity, draw distance and shadow distance in your config file.

DayZ Standalone engine just sucks period lol and top it off it's in Alpha. It still hasn't really been opt yet. But for most Bohemia Interactive games they rely on CPU...Which I find hard to understand why not GPU? In short, best bet is to get a Intel Core processor that is up to date or near. 

Hello, I built a pc about 1 month and 1/2 ago and it has been great in most of the games ive played but ive had to run dayz on low and still lag in the cities and big towns. What can i upgrade to make it run better, GPU, CPU etc. My current specs are...

Mobo-MSI A78-E35

Ram-8 GB

HDD-1 TB

PSU-corsair 500w

Case-corsair spec 01

I think thats everything, if i forgot something tell me, oh and if you find a part that is a good upgrade make sure it is compatible with ALL my parts. THANK YOU!!!

I would wait until the new renderer is released. Chances are, you will spend tons of money upgrading a perfectly good rig over something that will be fixed soon.

Edited by Beck

Mobo-MSI A78-E35

Ram-8 GB

HDD-1 TB

PSU-corsair 500w

Case-corsair spec 01

For what this game needs, you unfortunately spent your money in the wrong places. Hindsight is a terrible thing.

Edited by Tatanko

A 4th gen i5 and motherboard would boost your performance but the game is not optimized and still wont run perfect.

A 4th gen i5 and motherboard would boost your performance but the game is not optimized and still wont run perfect.

what is a good mobo/intel processor combo that would work in my case for around 300 dollars???

The i5 quality is good. To play a game like this for 300 isnt really going to happen without a really good video card. 750 or better i would suggest.

The 4th gen intel are showing faster speeds then the 5th gen in some cases. 4790k is end results better then the 5560u i think it was.

Anyways for 300 i would go with a board like asus pro, and i5. It may cost a tad more but you will be happy. 16gb ddr3 and volla your set for a long time.

4790k is overclockable but that cpu is more then 300 so i would aim for the i5 range to save some case for the memory and video card.

I hope that helps some goodfellas2

Im hearing lots of things about the optimization and how bohemia doesnt do a very good job at it (considering past practices). So im wondering about just how much better will it actually be once we get further into alpha/beta/release.

Basically, at what point in a game does it usually have the optimization mostly complete?

what is a good mobo/intel processor combo that would work in my case for around 300 dollars???

sorry for the late reply. I had a look at US prices and an i5 4690k and an ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX motherboard is around $310. the 4690k is the best i5 to get and the z97 board allows for overclocking if you want to do that.