_miner49er

Side by Side error when starting game.

When I try to start DayZ it says this (http://i.imgur.com/hNVyxAG.png) I have tried uninstalling it from my computer and reinstalling it. . . still nothing. Can someone please help me get this resolved?

Thanks

EDIT: I got it to work I am not sure what happened I just had to restart my computer... just a glitch I guess. Thanks anyway :)

Edited by _miner49er

i am having the exact same issue, but restarting did not work for me. No clue what's happening.

Every time I try to start the game, it gives me the error stated in the title. I have tried restarting my pc, verifying game cache, and completely re installing DayZ with no luck. Any help?

post-33073-0-91722600-1426312379_thumb.p

I believe this is related to the current stage of development of DayZ.

Some explication can be found here...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222231-exp-update-055126884-discussion/?view=findpost&p=2232667

Make sure your OS is up to date including Microsoft Visual C++.

Create an account on the Bug Tracker and submit a ticket giving as many details as possible.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Hello forums, i am having some problems with DayZ SA, i used to play it, and now i wanted to start playing again. I played 0.49, that was when there was no BE thing in the process of launching DayZ. So i guess my problem is associated with BE.

Here are some pics. 

Here is what happens when i start DayZ trough steam.
NDysJ6Y.png

And after pressing OK, this pops up.

GAfmpQb.png

Now when i try launching trough the folder. *with admin rights*
P9Ze0Ey.png

I get into the game, but when joining a server it closes down and this comes.

13X7mL8.png

And if i go on in the cmd, this comes.

0BpZePr.png

• Like 1

It is not because of that, it is because of Battle Eye! Not side by side ....
I can launch the game ,but cant enter a server because BE doesnt start.

Hello, I have been experiencing a very frustrating error the past couple of days.  I have been flooded with the error message "application cannot start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect."  The application will not start at all.  Whether this is a problem with windows or not, I need help.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I have been experiencing a very frustrating error the past couple of days.  I have been flooded with the error message "application cannot start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect."  The application will not start at all.  Whether this is a problem with windows or not, I need help.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Merged

I found a fix on accident I don't know If it will work for all but here it is. I went to my DayZ folder and I took my DayZ_BE application out of it and put it on my desktop. and then started DayZ.exe from the folder. I then got an error saying it was missing the executable, so I dragged the DayZ_BE application back into the DayZ folder and then I started DayZ from my desktop. I hope this helps anyone that couldn't find a fix.

• Like 2

Will this be fixed when 0.55 is released? almost broke my computer trying to find a solution for this and I really don't want to do this stupid workaround.

I would appreciate if the mods would not move this topic, just because no one looks at the troubleshooting section. :)

Anyway, I never have any problems with my DayZ, but a few hours ago after running the game perfectly (except for frameskips lol) I get this error when I start up my game

http://i.gyazo.com/3d875c361de202cb534b2a91adfe3dd3.png

Then after you I ok I get this

http://i.gyazo.com/4deed227dc752280fe6f7b27978f68a4.png

I have done everything from uninstalling then reinstalling DayZ, .NET, and C++. Then after checking the DayZ tab there is some new news on 0.55. So should I be worried about this or should I just wait until tomorrow and maybe my game would work? If anyone else has this problem feel free to say what you did and if it worked for you or not.

I would appreciate if the mods would not move this topic, just because no one looks at the troubleshooting section. :)

I would appreciate that you followed the Rules and Guidelines, spreading the same Topic all over the Forum will serve no purpose and not give you an answer the problem.

Asking if it will be fixed in 0.55 is not going to help either.

As stated above, make an account and submit a Bug Report if you wish this problem to be investigated.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

You may also contact BE...

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

i cant start DayZ i try to open it and a error code comes up saying a side by side configuration is incorrect and to use a sxstrace.exe command tool and then when i go to my files to run as administrator it says that simulclouds is not installed ive tried re-installing, validating the local files, running as administrator downloading visual C++ packages and it still wont work help me please?

this is happening to me, have you figured it out?

Hello forums, i am having some problems with DayZ SA, i used to play it, and now i wanted to start playing again. I played 0.49, that was when there was no BE thing in the process of launching DayZ. So i guess my problem is associated with BE.

Here are some pics. 

Here is what happens when i start DayZ trough steam.

NDysJ6Y.png

And after pressing OK, this pops up.

GAfmpQb.png

Now when i try launching trough the folder. *with admin rights*

P9Ze0Ey.png

I get into the game, but when joining a server it closes down and this comes.

13X7mL8.png

And if i go on in the cmd, this comes.

this is whats happening to me have you figured it out?

0BpZePr.png

tried launching the game today and i keep getting a side-by-side error, ive tried searching a solution to run as admin but that did not work ive tried uninstalling the game ,reinstalling but still not working

tried launching the game today and i keep getting a side-by-side error, ive tried searching a solution to run as admin but that did not work ive tried uninstalling the game ,reinstalling but still not working

hey mate,

we need more details in order to help you. a picture of the error would be nice. 

also you can head up to feedback tracker and send a ticket.

Well, i'm not able to help you with this.

your best shot is to send a ticket at https://feedback.dayz.com

note that, it's better to send them a log file, to do that you should start the game with -dologs launch parameter, then after the error happens click Ok, go to users/&user&/appdata/local/dayz and you will found log files, the should be 3 files named dayz.rpt, dayz.mdmp, dayz.bidmp compress this files and attach them to your ticket.

Did a quick search and came up with this, http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01046/ the article isnt related to dayz specifically but may help

Or just try searching "side by side configuration is incorrect windows" yourself, there's a few possible solutions by the looks of it.

Edited by Fluxley

I found a fix on accident I don't know If it will work for all but here it is. I went to my DayZ folder and I took my DayZ_BE application out of it and put it on my desktop. and then started DayZ.exe from the folder. I then got an error saying it was missing the executable, so I dragged the DayZ_BE application back into the DayZ folder and then I started DayZ from my desktop. I hope this helps anyone that couldn't find a fix.

This actaully works for me, sounds dumb but damnn it really works.

Edited by wave510