Harmony

What Will Happen To PVP in 0.55?

That is legit stupid as hell, I would be down for that to be a feature. But they don't get up at all, just fall off. They wouldn't have the necessary brain function. and before you say "OH THIS ISN'T A VIRUS THIS JUST MAKES THEM ANGRY NOT ZOMBIES" If that was the case they would not run and walk around like idiots, they would also punch instead of doing the awful swing instead.

Its funny cause I am legit camping on top of the NW Airfield Firestation right now. huehuehehue   

I'm confused :huh:

I'm confused :huh:

I was explaining why zombies shouldn't climb ladders, cause I don't want them to and you want them to :/

As you all know, in 0.55 I believe. The new renderer and the new 'Horde' Zombie Ai will be implemented.

VIDEO HERE -

I understand that a lot of people on the forums disagree with what I have to say on this but, How will this affect player interaction? I hope the devs realize that the main part about DayZ should be its player interaction, and how in one second you could either be dead, or be a killer. This video for example, would it even have happened if the horde ai was implemented? With hundreds of zombies in the field where they were having that chase?

VIDEO -

I just feel like they should make the zombies secondary, I wouldn't mind having a lot of slow zombies, or maybe not a lot of fast zombies. But now we will have a bunch of fast zombies ruining player interaction because everyone will be too busy fighting zombies. And if you think DayZ should be about the zombies than the player interaction then I don't know what to tell you. I just hope the devs don't make this affect the realistic player interactions that have made this game so known, you don't see videos on youtube about DayZ zombie telling, you watch the videos about the good vs the bad people, the people who don't care and decide to kill everyone they meet. And how some stand up and take the fight to those bandits.

I know this was a ramble, but please don't mess this up Devs... :(

"Interaction"

AKA- Torturing people and being a douche over direct chat (and proving that people who play games are all stupid teen guys when they decide they wanna verbally rape the women who play the game. That to me is sick)

At least with hordes there won't be enough time for people to be douches.

Plus you know, this is DayZ, not DayPVP. Zombies should be PRIMARY not secondary

"Interaction"

AKA- Torturing people and being a douche over direct chat (and proving that people who play games are all stupid teen guys when they decide they wanna verbally rape the women who play the game. That to me is sick)

Plus you know, this is DayZ, not DayPVP. Zombies should be PRIMARY not secondary

That never happens to me, It legit sounds like you are being bullied. So find a new server or something. Yeah people can be dicks but what are you to expect when playing an online game that millions have.

• Like 1

That never happens to me, It legit sounds like you are being bullied. So find a new server or something. Yeah people can be dicks but what are you to expect when playing an online game that millions have.

Nooooononono, I'm a guy lol. But I've come across that in game, and there's videos all over YouTube about that mess

When is .55 coming out, I won't care about the zombies until I can see them above 30 fps. Gimme da new renderer

Edited by HappyXceed
  • Like 2

I hope they'll find a good balance on how often zombies will spawn after killed. Is it better to have a continuous stream of zombies? Or should it be a little bit of time before the zombie horde will respawn after killed? What do you guys think?

The only thing I ask BI to do,

Fix the hunting, so we can eat out in the woods and drink at the rivers instead of going to town and have 500 zombies all rushing us.

and fix the way we cook the food so its working. I don't think anyone tries to cook anymore do they?

We shouldn't have to go searching in a house to eat. This needs to be fixed prior to introducing more zombies and new AI freaky pathing.

Then we can all talk about more PVP interaction.

This will of course get fixed. In the latest status reports, the following points have been mentioned:

• Animal A.I. iteration
  • Horticulture expansions
  • Cooking expansions
  • Traps/Snare expansions

Also, the following quote is from our lead designer Peter: "... After the intended cooking mechanics are in place and the central economy is working as it should, we can finally say good bye to the generous amount of spawned non-perishable food. "

Couple this with the work being done to zombie AI/behaviour, there should be a good chance that in the future, you would have to rely more on the wild for your food rather than simply just stepping into Cherno and start raiding the houses for peach cans.

• Like 4

This will of course get fixed. In the latest status reports, the following points have been mentioned:

• Animal A.I. iteration
  • Cooking expansions
  • Traps/Snare expansions

Also, the following quote is from our lead designer Peter: "... After the intended cooking mechanics are in place and the central economy is working as it should, we can finally say good bye to the generous amount of spawned non-perishable food. "

Couple this with the work being done to zombie AI/behaviour, there should be a good chance that in the future, you would have to rely more on the wild for your food rather than simply just stepping into Cherno and start raiding the houses for peach cans.

Can we expect the zombie horde with .55, if all goes well?

Can we expect the zombie horde with .55, if all goes well?

According to our friendly neighborhood producer, "Moving into the next experimental branch window, we'll be looking at pushing the early implementation work out to this branch and testing with varied numbers across all servers."

So, it all very much depends on the "... if all goes well" part of your question. It's all dependant on how testing goes as well as the data pulled by Exp. branch, before deciding to push the horde onto 0.55 Stable branch (hope you meant 0.55 stable).

2000 across the server.

I hope they put some up in the northern ghost towns (wouldn't mind some animals up there too)

• Like 1

I echo the sentiments of people who believe more and more threatening zombies is required.

I’ve played DayZ since the mod was first released, one thing that kept it interesting for me is the zombies and continual threat. Once DayZ Standalone arrived (Purchased first day) I played it for a couple of days and stopped, also tried it this week and again have now stopped.. There is just a complete lack of zombies, the fact I’m able to run all over cherno while only attracting one zombie is mental.

I remember at one point in the mod they made zombies insanely threatening, if you shot your weapon on top of one of the flats by the hospital by cherno zombies would swarm the building and climb up the ladder to get you.. It added such a great element, you couldn't just run around PVPing people in populated areas as there would be a consequence in way of the zombies. For example, previously people used to love sitting up there to take out people trying to find bandages or blood.. As a direct result of the increase in zombies people were far more cautious as to when / where they engaged somebody.

It’s called DayZ, not Day with a little bit of Z. Lets hope they get it back on track because as it stands now, DayZ Standalone doesn't appeal to me. I dont care about glitchs, bugs, i lived with those fine in the mod.. But the lack of zombies entirely ruins it for me.

Edited by thedalmeny
  • Like 1

The game is about player interaction in a zombie infested apocalyptic world. The fact that zombies are finally going to have some sort of impact on player interaction doesn't mean that player interaction will stop. Just as when they introduce diseases, more complicated wounding systems and other things that will make surviving the environment more difficult, will not mean the end of player interaction. In fact I wager it will make player interaction a lot more interesting.

I am not of the opinion that more zombies (or less food, more diseases whatever) will mean the end of pvp, far from it. But it will occur on different premises, hopefully making it more complicated and thus forcing the player to give a lot more thought to his actions than they currently do.

This is exactly what we need. in dayZ as in RL; extreme circumstances will bring out both the best and worst traits in people. what i do want is enough rarity of resources that you have to choose your targets wisely if you wish to PvP as wasting ammo on some one who has nothing of value may spell your end. conversely, I'd like to see a world that is so harsh with scarce resources that working cooperatively is pretty much a basic necessity of survival

I got this gut feeling that the SA is going to going through some uncharted buggy waters, filled with crappy game play and QQ. To be honest just the thought of 100s of existing AI mechanics zombies running around in a hoard is enough to make not want to play. Jesus that will be awful. Right now I can run 100 meters away from a town, and get zombie agro. They dont even half to see you and they will agro. 1 or 2 is not that bad....pretty easy really. 3 you might have to take a couple hits, but you will live.

Now Fast foward to hoards added........ 20 eagle eyed broken ass SA zombies.....you know the onces that sometimes can hit you from 10 feet away...not one but 20......Just think about that for a second...lol....man you better run, and I mean like a 3rd of the way across the map to get them off of you. Your not going to be able to fight them off. Even if you did, your CHR will be all fucked up, like broken lims ruined gear....not even worth continueing. Better really watch were you log in and out at. Better have an ak with a 70 round drum.  Sounds pretty shitty to me.....Being a fresh spawn....man that would suck lol

When the PC GTA 5 coming out again? Pre ordered that shit :thumbsup:  Man Im close to being done with the SA for a while....just not feeling it....starting to lose my interest. 

Edited by CJFlint

Finally, I have been waiting for this patch. I stopped playing for a long time because of it

The game is called Dayz, not Call of DutyZ.

the PVP has just become retarded as its become a giant COD map where zeds are a minor nuisance.

I was beginning to think the devs were giving up on having meaningful zombie AI.

Sadly I hope they don't cave into all these modern warfare ppl after this patch that will whine and cry because I can't use my 5000 guns without dying from zombie hoardes. Finally it will really be about zombie survival mmo

• Like 1

If they dont fix the current AI with zombies in game now, like really fix them, before adding hoards. Its going to be a really bad cluster fuck. I have no doupt.

Finally, I have been waiting for this patch. I stopped playing for a long time because of it

the PVP has just become retarded as its become a giant COD map where zeds are a minor nuisance.

I was beginning to think the devs were giving up on having meaningful zombie AI.

Sadly I hope they don't cave into all these modern warfare ppl after this patch that will whine and cry because I can't use my 5000 guns without dying from zombie hoardes. Finally it will really be about zombie survival mmo

Same here! All the survival features and mechanics are useless if DayZ is only about Military Gear, Guns, Ammo and Death Match. Who cares about little pesky zombies???

• Animal A.I. iteration
  • Cooking expansions
  • Traps/Snare expansions

Sounds great, glad things are on the same path for the quarter :)

I think 10 times the zombies we have now, in their current form, would still be a step in the right direction. Yes, they bug through walls and such. So adapt to that. Fight them outside. Never stop moving. If you do that, you can fight 3 at a time no problem.

Looking forward to 50 zombies rushing me, as mmo's are my specialty. Ill snare them all, circle kite them and dot the crap out of them. Oh sorry this isn't MMO zombies.

hope there is enough ammo :)

"Interaction"

... DayZ has always been primarily PVP, and will always continue to be. Even if hordes are added, there will sill be around a 70-80% KOS rate. If not with guns, then with axes. 

You stopped playing because you couldn't handle competition against other players, not because it was turning into a "COD map where zeds are a minor nuisance."

The only one whining and crying here would be people with the same mentality, once they finally realize that no matter what, this will always be a PVP based game, not PVE.

Edited by InsaneRuffles

PvP is not going to change with hoards, I will say this again. The reason for KOS is there is no acountabilty for players, or any rules in game. What do you think players are going to do? Man people dont care who they shoot in game. Its going to remain that way mark my words. All the zombie hoards are going to do is provide another thing to really worry about in game. Thats it. I played in 3 different clans now and played solo, one thing I noticed is all groups are kind of the same. Most players I met playing this game there end game was pvp. Even in the hero clan I belonged to when I 1st started, they set out to pvp. Really the heroing was more of a lure to get bandits to come out then anything. Thats not going away.

Im really sorry to say, Im begining to lose interest and faith fast. Between the .54 stable being released basicly broken, now rushing out zombie hoards, filled with broken zombies I think its enough to make me not want to play anylonger. Only a small % takes suriving that serous, most just want quick instant grad pvp. Then die and do it again. That process is going to speed up even faster now.  

I took a week or so off from the DayZ SA during the whole cluster fuck with .54 release. While I left the game, I really could not help to think, why do I spend so much time playing dayz anyways. I mastered surviving...theres nothing more to learn other then bs. Theres nothing to gain from it. I came back and played it for 3 day.....Im just plain sick of it. Its always the same thing, and its pointless. I have done everything you can do. I have nothing to prove to anyone or my self in game. I was already close to just quiting. But man hearing this shit really put the final nail in the coffin. Hearing the hard core this and that bull shit......typical.

This game is starting to seem aimless.

Edited by CJFlint

... DayZ has always been primarily PVP, and will always continue to be. Even if hordes are added, there will sill be around a 70-80% KOS rate. If not with guns, then with axes.

You sir, were obviously late to the game (no pun intended)

When it first came out, most everyone played like a true survival game, and not elecktro camping and cherno killing. Then a few kids like rhinocrunch showed how l33t they were by camping people who were playing "friendly" style.

Then a ton of kids came in, and it soon became wasteland with zombies.

By the way, DayZ was intended as a survival Sim. Not a mil/PvP Sim.

• Like 5