Tatanko

Tatanko's Spring BBQ

I witnessed several freshspawns sparring on the coast, but it wasn't worth what little ammunition I had.

The worst was one poor fellow whose legs appeared to be broken. He rolled down the main road, but another player stumbled upon him. They talked for a little while, but the player knocked him out, took his axe and then hacked away at him until he was dead. Another new spawn came up, turned back to look at the body, and was met with an axe to the face. This guy then went to the party and blended in (I tried to find him but it wasn't worth the chaos I'd cause shooting into the crowd). He ended up being a friend of the group that rolled in and started killing everybody.

• Like 1

Couldn't make it :( Next event you set up (hopefully it coincides with my week off) I would gladly attend and record the event for the masses. 

• Like 1

I'm sad I missed it, I will definitely be present for the next one.  I'll try to mull up some ideas for your next event Tatanko.

• Like 2

i'm suprised it lasted that long. that server is crazy.. so much killing.. while running back to the party after the incident i saw maybe 8 fresh spawns in under 5 minutes. got knocked out by a guy who wasn't wearing pants but a brave man with a broom saved me then we ate poison berries and another fresh spawn stole a bag of rice so we kill him then another guy runs up and starts punching. it never ends. i didn't make it back. i had a lot of fun tonight i'm looking forward to the next event

Yeah i swear every fresh spawn on that server is a damn nutjob trying to kill me constantly it was crazy i almost made it back to the island because i got an electro spawn but some guy with an axe snuck up on me and got me right in the back of the head i didn't even hear him coming  <_<

EDIT: So i think we should try to think of a more secure location that's more inland but is also not hard to get to. anyone have any ideas?

If you're really content with mass farming pumpkins and flare gun fireworks I'd go for a quieter server. Musty's US1 is highly populated with PvP players.

I managed to attend the BBQ and meet a few people and it was a pretty funny scene. I only showed up for the inevitable shitstorm and was in no way let down. The explosions by flare light was a awesome way to go out. The chaos upon returning to Otmel island was exactly what I expected to happen for this event on this server. Hungry bandits that caught wind of the bbq were picking off the returning friendly party goers once they killed off what security was present at the bbq.

If you chose to host a similar event on the same server I'd definitely attend again, with friends, for the inevitable shitstorm :)

• Like 1

If you're really content with mass farming pumpkins and flare gun fireworks I'd go for a quieter server. Musty's US1 is highly populated with PvP players.

I managed to attend the BBQ and meet a few people and it was a pretty funny scene. I only showed up for the inevitable shitstorm and was in no way let down. The explosions by flare light was a awesome way to go out. The chaos upon returning to Otmel island was exactly what I expected to happen for this event on this server. Hungry bandits that caught wind of the bbq were picking off the returning friendly party goers once they killed off what security was present at the bbq.

If you chose to host a similar event on the same server I'd definitely attend again, with friends, for the inevitable shitstorm :)

Thanks for coming! The next event will probably be somewhere quieter, but I have no regrets about this party either. The grenade spamming was, in a way, very fitting and a more-than-acceptable substitute for the flare gun fireworks we all missed out on :)

• Like 1

Wasn't able to attend due to damn call outs at work, but hell next time I'll do security with the others Tatanko ( if you'll let me)... Because it seems that there was a PM train going around by some of the "baddies" from both these forums and musty gaming forums organizing a party to raid yours :/ ...

So next time , you should organize a certain outfit for the party goers via PM (or a specific armband color) so that no one can infiltrate without being incredibly noticeable ! And maybe make it at a castle next time (as they are usually up on a high hill with plenty of vantages!)...

I think a security team of 6-10 would do nicely next time(it seems like a lot but it still gives at least 30 other slots for party goers) , two of which having LRS mosins, they will be broken into two squads with revolving shifts (team A scouts east and north team B scouts south and west and then they switch every 20 minutes to make sure they haven't missed anything in between) and they should coordinate and train for a week together before the party so they can be an unstoppable security team ! Next Tatanko party = death for all intruders.

The security team will be maxed out with gear , all party goers will drop their guns and ammo (exception is a derringer to protect themselves if something does get past the security team) at the designated "armory" so that we know no one is trying to pretend to be a party goer, after the security team has strip-searched everyone for guns they hand them a derringer or other small arms (bring your own ammo) and give them a special colored arm band (it will be chosen by you Tatanko or the security team the night of the party to prevent bandits from knowing days in advanced the "dress code") .. After the party goer recieves the arm band they can enter the party , it will be almost impossible to prevent people from team speaking their friends and telling them the dress code but hey at least it prevent randoms from dropping in and blending in with us ready to attack .. Also the security team should be clad with medical supplies ( I always play medic so I'll have blood bags, salines, the works) and two cargo V3s's , just in case we need to get party goers out of dodge and quick .. I think the security aspect is the biggest to worry about especially with the people that get together to destroy parties like this ... Also it's just my opinion but I encounter little to no hackers on 1PP servers , where as whenever I join a 3PP server I usually see one , so maybe there's a correlation there or maybe I just don't play enough 3PP and I've just been unlucky ...

Regardless it's great to see you organizing more parties despite stupid people that want to ruin it , maybe another party should be set up for April fools day / Easter extravaganza !

Also to prevent chaos when some deuche starts shooting , have everyone who isn't security head inside the castle or nearest building, basically security teams will have to make a head count at the start of the party and they will need to coordinate through TS if there is anyone missing when the shooting starts that way we can at least know if whoever is left outside is an infiltrator or not , because if they try and run inside with the party goers the security will recognize and shoot , if they try to stay outdoors , after all party goers are accounted for the security team will search for the outside intruder , instructing everyone inside to pull their side arms out , at this point anyone who tries to comes inside will be shot on aight by the party goers , if the security deems outside safe enough then they will go to where the party goers are hiding and say the " safe word" meaning it's all good to come out ... This is just a safety protocol because when shit goes down it's almost impossible to identify people unless they are all in a safe room together wearing identical armbands !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 4

Wasn't able to attend due to damn call outs at work, but hell next time I'll do security with the others Tatanko ( if you'll let me)... Because it seems that there was a PM train going around by some of the "baddies" from both these forums and musty gaming forums organizing a party to raid yours :/ ...

So next time , you should organize a certain outfit for the party goers via PM (or a specific armband color) so that no one can infiltrate without being incredibly noticeable ! And maybe make it at a castle next time (as they are usually up on a high hill with plenty of vantages!)...

I think a security team of 6-10 would do nicely next time(it seems like a lot but it still gives at least 30 other slots for party goers) , two of which having LRS mosins, they will be broken into two squads with revolving shifts (team A scouts east and north team B scouts south and west and then they switch every 20 minutes to make sure they haven't missed anything in between) and they should coordinate and train for a week together before the party so they can be an unstoppable security team ! Next Tatanko party = death for all intruders.

The security team will be maxed out with gear , all party goers will drop their guns and ammo (exception is a derringer to protect themselves if something does get past the security team) at the designated "armory" so that we know no one is trying to pretend to be a party goer, after the security team has strip-searched everyone for guns they hand them a derringer or other small arms (bring your own ammo) and give them a special colored arm band (it will be chosen by you Tatanko or the security team the night of the party to prevent bandits from knowing days in advanced the "dress code") .. After the party goer recieves the arm band they can enter the party , it will be almost impossible to prevent people from team speaking their friends and telling them the dress code but hey at least it prevent randoms from dropping in and blending in with us ready to attack .. Also the security team should be clad with medical supplies ( I always play medic so I'll have blood bags, salines, the works) and two cargo V3s's , just in case we need to get party goers out of dodge and quick .. I think the security aspect is the biggest to worry about especially with the people that get together to destroy parties like this ... Also it's just my opinion but I encounter little to no hackers on 1PP servers , where as whenever I join a 3PP server I usually see one , so maybe there's a correlation there or maybe I just don't play enough 3PP and I've just been unlucky ...

Regardless it's great to see you organizing more parties despite stupid people that want to ruin it , maybe another party should be set up for April fools day / Easter extravaganza !

Thanks, GK! All good points. The strategy for the next event will be totally different, as will the circumstances of the party. The planning is already well underway :) If you're interested in security, shoot me a PM.

Also to prevent chaos when some deuche starts shooting , have everyone who isn't security head inside the castle or nearest building, basically security teams will have to make a head count at the start of the party and they will need to coordinate through TS if there is anyone missing when the shooting starts that way we can at least know if whoever is left outside is an infiltrator or not , because if they try and run inside with the party goers the security will recognize and shoot , if they try to stay outdoors , after all party goers are accounted for the security team will search for the outside intruder , instructing everyone inside to pull their side arms out , at this point anyone who tries to comes inside will be shot on aight by the party goers , if the security deems outside safe enough then they will go to where the party goers are hiding and say the " safe word" meaning it's all good to come out ... This is just a safety protocol because when shit goes down it's almost impossible to identify people unless they are all in a safe room together wearing identical armbands !

Well thought out. It looks like we have a candidate for security chief.

-everything said-

I agree with most of your post, but I'm not going to be dropping my weapon to be allowed to the party.  Everyone there last night was armed, lightly of course, and no one shot at each other.  If anything I wish everyone there would have been armed to the teeth.  We may have beaten back the attackers.  We should designate a TS for next time.  If Capn would have been able to communicate with the group we could have downed the first intruder ourselves.  Just a thought.

I agree with most of your post, but I'm not going to be dropping my weapon to be allowed to the party.  Everyone there last night was armed, lightly of course, and no one shot at each other.  If anything I wish everyone there would have been armed to the teeth.  We may have beaten back the attackers.  We should designate a TS for next time.  If Capn would have been able to communicate with the group we could have downed the first intruder ourselves.  Just a thought.

The Musty Gaming TS server had rooms set aside for the event, including a passworded one for security. I realize now that I did not advertise that fact; I'm not sure how I failed to do that, but my apologies.

I agree that party-goers being armed did not seem to be an issue. It was outside provocation that led to the downfall of the party. That's been my experience at every event I've attended or hosted. This is definitely something that should be discussed, though.

Edited by Tatanko

The Musty Gaming TS server had rooms set aside for the event, including a passworded one for security. I realize now that I did not advertise that fact; I'm not sure how I failed to do that, but my apologies.

I agree that party-goers being armed did not seem to be an issue. It was outside provocation that led to the downfall of the party. That's been my experience at every event I've attended or hosted. This is definitely something that should be discussed, though.

I would have joined that TS in a heartbeat.  Lesson learned for next time :)

Maybe we could do something like a "gun permit" to the party.  People from the forums could send a PM to you or others in charge of the party.  Known forum members will be allowed to carry weapons, and others will be strip searched by GK!

• Like 2

I would have joined that TS in a heartbeat.  Lesson learned for next time :)

Maybe we could do something like a "gun permit" to the party.  People from the forums could send a PM to you or others in charge of the party.  Known forum members will be allowed to carry weapons, and others will be strip searched by GK!

Feel free to reach out to me by PM with specific ideas. Probably best to keep the majority of security-related discussion to ourselves ;)

• Like 3

To be fair, I had constant contact with Tatanko. While there wasn't much point after he died, I still managed to tell who was and wasn't an infilitrator 9 times out of 10.

Do you remember the two bandits with Mosins that snuck up on the beach? Probably not, because I made short work of them.

There was one who killed two guests on the mainland that then blended in with the party. I did not take shots because he was in the crowd and I didn't want chaos. Turns out he was a member of the larger group that ended up ruining the party. His friends ghosted into the boathouse, from my memory.

I also killed four separate people coming onto the rocks. So I did what I could, I guess.

The main flaw was the large server population and the lack of personnel. These will be remedied next event and it should be far better.

• Like 6

To be fair, I had constant contact with Tatanko. While there wasn't much point after he died, I still managed to tell who was and wasn't an infilitrator 9 times out of 10.

Do you remember the two bandits with Mosins that snuck up on the beach? Probably not, because I made short work of them.

There was one who killed two guests on the mainland that then blended in with the party. I did not take shots because he was in the crowd and I didn't want chaos. Turns out he was a member of the larger group that ended up ruining the party. His friends ghosted into the boathouse, from my memory.

I also killed four separate people coming onto the rocks. So I did what I could, I guess.

The main flaw was the large server population and the lack of personnel. These will be remedied next event and it should be far better.

Meant no offense and thank you for being lookout.  All I meant was if you had comms with us in the party we may have had a better defense from the partygoers.  Just an idea to strengthen us next time.  You did a fantastic job and were a huge part in why the party went on for as long as it did.

Again, I meant nothing negative by it :)

• Like 4

Were those the guys firing mosin shots?

Were those the guys firing mosin shots?

Different group from what I can tell. I don't think we ever did figure out where some of those random shots came from. Ultimately I don't think anyone got killed by them, but we'd like to avoid the threat for the next event if possible.

Different group from what I can tell. I don't think we ever did figure out where some of those random shots came from. Ultimately I don't think anyone got killed by them, but we'd like to avoid the threat for the next event if possible.

They did kill two newspawns in Kamyshovo. The third Mosin man was posted up nearby me, but I was never able to find him despite looking at least three times. I've also concluded that he was the third member of the group I took out on the island, and that they were the three I observed with clantags on the player list.

So does anyone have any ideas for the next secure location? or should we discuss the next location more privately? I was thinking somewhere more inland but im not really sure. 

So does anyone have any ideas for the next secure location? or should we discuss the next location more privately? I was thinking somewhere more inland but im not really sure. 

Send me a PM :)

I would like to express my appreciation to Tatanko for going to all of the trouble of pulling this party together for us. I was creeping around on the Musty servers, collecting supplies for the party (under an assumed name) and over the course of several nights I saw him there for hours at a time, organizing and finalizing preparations. I know that he put a lot of effort into this and I can tell that he feels a little disappointed that it ended the way that it did. I call bullshit on that. Personally, I have no regrets and I say that we chalk this up as a learning experience and fall back and regroup. The next effort will be that much better, due to the lessons learned Saturday night.

Thanks, Tatanko, I enjoyed my supply mission and if I had not died prematurely, I would have been able to flank those pricks and pop up in their rear area with a couple of flashbangs and some 7.62x39mm Valentines ... next time bitches!!!

• Like 5

Thanks, Bill! :)

I'm not bitter about it at all, honestly. It was a big learning experience in many ways and it was fun regardless. The explosions were even fun in an unexpected way, but I'm glad the hacker(s) were dealt with swiftly. My goal with this particular event was to see just how public I could be and still have people be civil -- turns out you can gather a dozen or more random people at a time for over an hour (with MANY people coming and going) with minimal security before things go sour. It's important to remember that it was outsiders who caused the issue; those attending the party were 99% civil with each other.

• Like 4

Those attending the party were 99% civil with each other.

I personally was very pleasantly surprised by the people who had guns, and no one shot! Good job guys, you're all great!