hi guys

Just started playing day z last night . Just getting used to the controls

Can someone please tell me how I optimise day z

I have an i7-4790k processor

16gb ram

Nvidia 980 graphics card

Thanks guys and gals

Any tips are also welcome :)

Have a look in the trouble shooting section there is a good video there which I followed and had some good results. You have a much better machine than me so you should be ok

Hi, I have i7 5820K, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 980....tested tons of various settings and tips....and in the end, I let nVidia GeForce Experience to "Optimize" my DayZ game....and I can say, thats the best setup of all . . . nice graphic and stable FPS (in wild and towns). So maybe you can give a try ;-)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/221501-dayz-sa-fps-help/

I used the Nvidia thing to optimise the game then followed the steps in this video. Word of warning though you set the max draw distance at 1000m which is fine for everything except spotting far off objects if you like to navigate using landmarks as all terrain over 1000m away is completely barren. So if you setup can handle it on the original setting I would leave it!

I have an issue as I have only 4gb RAM so I need to switch off all sorts of background stuff to get good performance but you should be ok

i second the use of geforce experience, got my new system yesterday was unsure on what settings i should use / test

set it close to the middle on the side of qaulity and im getting steady frames and its looks amazing

Ive been on a laptop for the past 9 months with potato graphics, i had no idea the game looked so good

dont expect more than 30-40 fps in congested cities or action packed situations.

this is about as good as it gets for high end rigs.

forest/wild fps should be 80+ but on the current patch we are dealing with massive performance drops from previous.

what is your clock speed? this helps immensely. you can have 4.6ghz with that cpu easily and ideally.

in terms of optimize.

you want to set render resolution to 133-150 (this maxes out the use of ur gfx card and make it look perdy) (super sampling)

turn off bloom, post process and blur

rest can max out.

or open up fraps or any fps osd, and adjust each value till you see fps spikes or declines, doesnt take long to setup optimally.

Edited by deebz1234

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/221501-dayz-sa-fps-help/

I used the Nvidia thing to optimise the game then followed the steps in this video. Word of warning though you set the max draw distance at 1000m which is fine for everything except spotting far off objects if you like to navigate using landmarks as all terrain over 1000m away is completely barren. So if you setup can handle it on the original setting I would leave it!

I have an issue as I have only 4gb RAM so I need to switch off all sorts of background stuff to get good performance but you should be ok

what do you mean, what nvidia thing?

geforce experience is crap. its generic and doesnt always work for the better.

its for people who dont know their own systems, who want a quick mediocre fix.

not for those who know their rigs and want to optimize properly.

geforce experience is crap. its generic and doesnt always work for the better.

its for people who dont know their own systems, who want a quick mediocre fix.

not for those who know their rigs and want to optimize properly.

I have no idea how to optimise my computer

hope it works decently, the other problem is dayz isnt a full release game. So this geforce experience would say work better on a game like dying light or battlefield for example.

but thats what these forums are for, helping getting it running decently.

but if your at 30-40 fps in the city your good.