Wookieenoob

what do you think of the current inventory block system?

I’ve worked out a concept for a “new” intuitive and updated inventory & hud system.

Please take a good look at this concept artwork and give feedback.

Just out of interest, how would it look if you are looting stuff? how do you see stuff on the ground/on a body/barrel/tent?

i think the boxes inventory is a pretty good approximation, the only thing that bothers me is being able to stuff things that are to big into to small slots

for example a high capacity vest has several small pouches, yet you can fit a whole SMG in there as if it would be one giant pouch

similar with jeans, which should have a divider in it for two 2x1 spaces

and you should be able to rotate stuff to fit in somewhere, like in RE4 for example

besides that, the inventory system seems fine for me, there are way bigger issues the devs need to work on,

but giving items a size in m³ and having a backpack capacity in m³ would make more sense, along with including weigth for items, which they plan on doing anyway

Edited by Zombo

Just out of interest, how would it look if you are looting stuff? how do you see stuff on the ground/on a body/barrel/tent?

The 3rd screenshot shows the vicinity items. if it would be a barrel it would look like the backpack. 

The Hud system idea that Stiello created is great!

Totally Brilliant. Please Dayz Devs, do this. It would make so much more sense. Good job Stiello this is absolutely awesome. The Devs would be smart to implement this idea as the new storage system. The percentages idea would also create the ability for storing items in cabinets and other like objects more easily from the developmental side of things, at least I would think.

Edited by ChickenMan (DayZ)

A little old, this one. You are welcome to open a new one, but this one gets locked.