Hello everyone. I bought and downloaded arma 2 complete earlier today and have been trying to get dayz to run for like 5 hours now. downloaded everything, started them all up, found the patch for dayz and the other games/expansions. Now that im able to get into a game i show up as a bird. Not 20 min after i buy Arma 2 complete i find out theres a standalone game, but i dont want to burn another $35 right after havent spent $40. Does anyone know how to play the modded version of the game without being a bird or is the SA the way to go and i should just suck it up?

-Reemer

Go in steam and get dayz mod in case you are using dayZ commander that wont work anymore and from my pov i would say the mod is a great way to start of  dayz 

i downloaded dayzcommander and when that diddent work i went with dayzlauncher, and then fineally playwithsix. the last one got me the patch i needed but the two times iv been able to get into the game iv been a bird. clicked on respawn and nothing.

moved to the mod section 

please read 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198513-arma2-oa-beta-patch-system-update-admins-clients-please-read/

and run this 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224580/

make sure you run each game to the menus with steam running as admin at least once

Bean King, is the mod version worth it or should i buy the SA version?

Bean King, is the mod version worth it or should i buy the SA version?

Play Overpoch and it's worth it. Pretty cool mod with a lot of vehicles, including choppers and basebuilding + tons of weapons. It's not a lot like Dayz standalone, but can be fun . You can still get the standalone, they are different feeling games. 

Edited by S3V3N