Sign in to follow this  
F@t-W1Z

Persistance Loot Bomb?

Since .53 still had loot bombs occurring we turned off persistence in hope of the .54 patch. Could anyone tell me if the loot tables are fixed to where loot bombs aren't occurring that much?

In experimental it seemed pretty spread out and from what I've heard it's looking pretty good in stable. No major loot bombs or areas without any loot,

• Like 1

My understanding is that the loot tables are based on per building in .54 versus area thus loot bombs should not occur.

Programming:

• Inventory refactorization
  • Loot distribution per buildings
  • Zombie/Animal AI
  • Character controller (animations & physics)
  • Vehicles - Manual transmission and bugfixing
  • Flaregun Improvements
  • Security Bugfixes
  • Like 1

Didn't encounter them at all yet. My guess is that it's fixed, for now.

i have found that if you are on a server with persistence on and you find a few buildings with massive amounts of loot, it usually means there is a tent nearby. True story

i have found that if you are on a server with persistence on and you find a few buildings with massive amounts of loot, it usually means there is a tent nearby. True story

Hadn't heard that theory before but definitely could be linked now that I think about it.

Loot bombs did occur still in. 53 I can confirm, just not in the abundance it was happening before.

However in relation to the above information the only bug I came across in. 53 was some barns nearby our tents....

Could be on to something here. I cannot say it's happening in. 54 yet but time will tell persistent hasn't been enabled long enough on our server.

yes every time I set up a camp site somewhere, a few days later there is a loot bomb in a circular location around whatever buildings are nearby

• Like 1

yes every time I set up a camp site somewhere, a few days later there is a loot bomb in a circular location around whatever buildings are nearby

yes but if 

then camps won't effect it. 

if this was how to trigger it then there is no loot bomb at all now. 

Edited by Wookieenoob

yes but if

then camps won't effect it.

if this was how to trigger it then there is no loot bomb at all now.

I'm confused at how you come to that conclusion. Just because loot distribution is confined to each building how does that guarantee that persistence still won't affect it?

If the placement and/or storage of gear was affecting loot tables somehow, I'm not sure how you think this will make a difference. It doesn't seem to be linked to any specific loot table or building type.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what exactly it means?

Anyhow more info would be appreciated as to why or why not this added loot change should stop loot bombs. Have been curious myself as it's completely game breaking.

Edited by JPWiser

I'm confused at how you come to that conclusion. Just because loot distribution is confined to each building how does that guarantee that persistence still won't affect it?

If the placement and/or storage of gear was affecting loot tables somehow, I'm not sure how you think this will make a difference. It doesn't seem to be linked to any specific loot table or building type.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what exactly it means?

Anyhow more info would be appreciated as to why or why not this added loot change should stop loot bombs. Have been curious myself as it's completely game breaking.

wait your post just made me think of something. if the bug is related to tents and the loot is now spawned on a per-building basis, then all you'd need to do to trigger it again would be set up your tent inside the building. 

wait your post just made me think of something. if the bug is related to tents and the loot is now spawned on a per-building basis, then all you'd need to do to trigger it again would be set up your tent inside the building. 

Assuming the tent was the only thing triggering the effect.

Might be worth a test tho.

Interested to see if anything pops back up in the next week or two that would be nice if it was fixed. :thumbsup:

Have you reported this to the tracker? This is v.interesting intelligence.

@OP

Yes loot bombs are still a thing on persistent servers

i actually haven't no, because I assumed others already knew about it & I have seen pages and pages of people repeating the same issues on the dev blog that I didn't want to be another one

Edited by archamedes