Sign in to follow this  
irl-calibre

Here, Devs, a word in your shell like..

no it's not, it's exactly how it happened, I thought the server was probably going to reset at 1 and I didn't know if that was going to kill me, is it the same as disconnecting? any way I exsanguinated at 01.03

players need to be given more information of their situation, if you are on a short unconscious timer tell them they are "you are unconscious" = anything from 30secs - 10 minutes, if the player is on a long timer tell them "you are unlikely to regain consciousness without assistance" meaning it could be anything from 10minutes until death. Just don't leave them sitting looking at a black fucking screen, it's a game.

I think it would be more of an issue if you HAD to wait there. 

So once I was going to meet with my friend Zyryanoff from the forums to see his military tent. When I entered the tent I saw his friend laying at the ground. He said he was starving or dying from thirst.

check pulse. He had a weak pulse.

I first tried to resufficate him by using my hands. It didn't work. We gave him food and water but Ot didn't work. I used two epipens on him, he woke once and went down again.

Got saline, used it and he woke up the same second.

You will go unconscious if the shock value you have passes the curreny blood value. You can wake up from this.

About blood loss, thirst hunger. If your blood is below 500 you would need a blood bag or saline bag. If your blood is below 500 you are unlikely to get up on your own.

The mechanic is awesome but again a placeholder just like evreverything at this game.

I was completely energised and healthy just dehydrated this is why I was so surprised at staying down and dying.  It's random, or appears that way to me.  I've gone down starving and dehydrated and got back up on my feet again, ok I dropped dead like 30 seconds later, but, I still got up again of my own accord.  

You should lock this topic because i dont see the point in it except people flaming about unconsciousness.

just so you know, sitting looking a black fucking screen saying you are unconscious for 30 minutes isn't really "fun" when you only have a limited game time, know what I mean? shit game mechanic right there.

press ESC and click respawn.

if you have lost too much blood you will never wake up.

i had a mate who that happened to in novo. i ran to him.gave him saline. nothing. ran to cop shop in novo got epipen. gave it. nothing.

ran all the way to nwaf tents because i was just there got another saline bag. and a 2nd one from gorka hospital i think. came back. he was still there.

gave it to him. he woke up. stood up. but couldn't move. so yeah. was bad waste of 30+ minutes. 

I had this too once. Me and a friend got into a fight in Gorka and I ended up taking a couple bullets. My friend killed the attacker, and then I passed out from the blood loss. He gave me an epi, I got up and collapsed again a few seconds later. I laid there for a while while he went off trying to find a saline bag. After twenty minutes he came back empty-handed, so I had him cave my head in with an axe.

Such is life in DayZ.

It is not a shit game mechanic. It is a mechanic to separate those who know how to survive, from those who don't.

I think it did its job.

• Like 3

no it's not, it's exactly how it happened, I thought the server was probably going to reset at 1 and I didn't know if that was going to kill me, is it the same as disconnecting? any way I exsanguinated at 01.03

players need to be given more information of their situation, if you are on a short unconscious timer tell them they are "you are unconscious" = anything from 30secs - 10 minutes, if the player is on a long timer tell them "you are unlikely to regain consciousness without assistance" meaning it could be anything from 10minutes until death. Just don't leave them sitting looking at a black fucking screen, it's a game.

exsanguinated  - I had to look that up. Mighty Fine wordage.

In this situation I would of raged for 5 or so minutes, but given in and respawned. As someone else mentioned, gear schmear. Theres plenty of Loot to be found (as long as its not on a persistent server). And posting it on here is a good thing. Makes the Dev's aware that the 'unconscious' mechanic is'nt quite working as intended and needs a little work. All part of the process (however painful it is at the time for us, the gamer)

In the mod we had an hourglass of sorts that showed us how long we had until we would awake again. Maybe a button mashing mechanic similar to breaking free from bondage to make us wake up faster? Idk.

In the mod we had an hourglass of sorts that showed us how long we had until we would awake again. Maybe a button mashing mechanic similar to breaking free from bondage to make us wake up faster? Idk.

But you're knocked out. How are you going to do anything in that state?

strange how I have got back up from passing out from Hunger and Thirst of my own accord Grapefruit Kush so sorry your talking out your hoop..

Doesn't happen. You are as good as dead.. slowly starving/thirsting.. Its not shock trauma.  Nothing will bring back consciousness unless they give you saline or force feed you in to the green so you slowly regenerate. You are under the treshold of being conscious and getting worse. Maybe you are able to get up before you fall down again in the first 15 sec.

Edited by aasand

But you're knocked out. How are you going to do anything in that state?

Umm your spirit will fight to survive? Idk. You also shouldn't be able to hail your friends through TS to come rescue you, but it's a game. I feel like sitting there mashing keys on your keyboard staring at a black screen would be more intense than idly waiting for something to happen.

First of all, JUST RESPAWN JESUS! Second of all, I only somewhat agree, but only if they add the hourglass from the mod.