Sign in to follow this  
thegamingbean

Question

Im new to dayz, but I was in Berezino and was figuring out which way to get to the nearest airfield, then I notice a crane thing in the distance. Im pretty sure I was facing towards the airfield. Anyone know what that is? Im asking because if it has any chance of spawning firearms, I need to go there.

Why do you need to go to the airfield? theres nothing for you there but death. Nonetheless, the crane is by a construction site and the nearest airfiled are a few kilometres NNE of where you are.

You are better off looking through the houses in town, weapons do spawn there. Do some reading on the mechanics of the game and you can probaly find out which houses spawn firearms.

Spawn in Cold and Hungry on the beach with a Tshirt and flashlight and your first though is 'I need a fully automatic weapon.'

• Like 6

Spawn in Cold and Hungry on the beach with a Tshirt and flashlight and your first though is 'I need a fully automatic weapon.'

It's my first thought.

Im new to dayz, but I was in Berezino and was figuring out which way to get to the nearest airfield, then I notice a crane thing in the distance. Im pretty sure I was facing towards the airfield. Anyone know what that is? Im asking because if it has any chance of spawning firearms, I need to go there.

The crane at the construction site doesn't have a lot to offer. Don't worry about the airfield, if you're at Berezino then you should head to the top part of the main town and find the junk yard. There you'll find a backpack, some better clothes, food, and more importantly, a good selection of weapons (mosin, shotgun, sks, carbine, sporter etc).  Go into some of the back gardens and find a splitting axe in the sheds. Get yourself fed and watered to light green energised and hydrated and wait until it says healthy. Loot the rest of the town until you find some ammo for the gun you found.

Make sure you have spare food and drink before you leave Berezino, and then you can head west, and eventually you'll get to Vybor military base and the airfield. The sea is east, so run with the sea on your back. If you get lost keep running until you find a town and check the road sign, and then use a map to find out where you are. Keep an eye out for helicopter crashes.

Spend hours getting that gear from the bases, find that assault rifle, clips and loads of ammo at the military tents in the west. Head south, loot another military base, and then loot balota airfield and then run into Cherno and get killed by a fresh spawn with a pickaxe. Welcome to Dayz

• Like 2