Sign in to follow this  
Outroduce

Nights are too bright.

Hey,

I used to play on night time servers but now I don't see point in that. You can't use advantages of night anymore. I miss the times when you were able to sneak in the shadows. Currently during nights everything is almost as visible as during day even if sky is completely clouded. Artificial sources of light lost their meaning too, in the dead of night you can easily scavenge without flashlight. What do you guys think about that?

• Like 3

would you mind to do a screenshot how the night looks for you? By the way, about sneaking to someone earlier when it was night: Nearly every played changed gamma etc., so they could see a lot in the night. So your issue was already since the release here, but indirectly. Anyway, i would really appreciate a screenshot of you how the night looks for you right now

Edited by PaniXx

From my experience, flashlights make the surroundings darker, I tested it the other day, it's weird.

dayz nights are cleear with lots of stars meaning they should be bright

DayZ has an actual day by day cycle, like it did in the mod. 

If its a full moon night then it will be bright, if its not it will be black.

but it doesnt matter, you can just jack the gamma up to see better and its not like light sources do anything.

we need to bring back forced pitch blackness and remove anything that says 24/7 day server

Edited by leviski

don't worry the new render will hopefully mean we get something close to Arma 3 nights soon.

From my experience, flashlights make the surroundings darker, I tested it the other day, it's weird.

Well considering that is how our eyes work in real life, seems to make sense; no? The iris will expose for the brightest areas by reducing its diameter, causing the lower exposed areas to become even more black. Just like a camera lens.

• Like 1

Hey,

I used to play on night time servers but now I don't see point in that. You can't use advantages of night anymore. I miss the times when you were able to sneak in the shadows. Currently during nights everything is almost as visible as during day even if sky is completely clouded. Artificial sources of light lost their meaning too, in the dead of night you can easily scavenge without flashlight. What do you guys think about that?

I can't even find a night server, I did see one but it was 1pp (Shakes head) Mind blowing to me who would ever use that. I'de rather gargle drano... but, if you come across a private 3pp one please could ya let me know. Thank you

but it doesnt matter, you can just jack the gamma up to see better and its not like light sources do anything.

we need to bring back forced pitch blackness and remove anything that says 24/7 day server

In Arma2/3 cranking gamma up will work only when sky is clear and stars are visible. With completely clouded sky even with gamma on max you would not be able to see the tip of your nose.

I can't even find a night server, I did see one but it was 1pp (Shakes head) Mind blowing to me who would ever use that. I'de rather gargle drano... but, if you come across a private 3pp one please could ya let me know. Thank you

That was my first experience playing DayZ. Nighttime on a hardcore server. In a thunderstorm.

I refer to it as Night of the Puckered Stars.

Currently they look like this: http://i.imgur.com/L2sNtBj.jpg Even if there is not a single star on the sky everything is clearly visible.

They used to look like this: http://i.imgur.com/H3ZzPbD.jpg which was very nice.

they need to strike a balance imho. I'f you've ever been outside (away from city; such as camping trip) even on a overcast or moonless night you can make out vague things once your eyes are adjusted. in early builds i remember at times it was so bad i could not tell i was running in place face pressed to a tree or that there was a fence in front of me. more recent lighting is too much, but as others have said gamma was so heavily abused it's not even funny.

Hopefully with private shards they give admins control to lock gamma and brightness settings.

Hopefully with private shards they give admins control to lock gamma and brightness settings.

The big problem is to force people to actually play a part of their time at night.

Just turn your gamma down :).

The problem is that it will make you have a disadvantage, considering other players will have their gamma up. Considering night in real life is really dark, the devs should make the game force drop the gamma to a reasonable level when the sun goes down, so you HAVE to use some kind of light to navigate safely.

As for forcing people to play at night, I'm not really sure how to do it. I was first thinking of some kind of individual time setting, something along the line of when you log out at, for example, 18:09, next time you log on to any server your individual time will still be at 18:09. This cause the problem of other players on the same servers having the advantage of their time being in daylight, which makes it unfair. Perhaps forcing people to join a server withing a set hour or hours? This will create the problem of people being locked out of certain servers.

I really have no good idea how to solve this, at the moment. All I know is that I think forced playing at night should in some way be implemented. :/

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Hey,

Hit TAB, run aroud room, repeat as necessary.