malcotch

Odd Zombie Behaviour

I was walking along a track late last night heading into what I believed to be Krasnostav, when a deer or another small animal ran across the road and across the field, following behind moving fairly fast was a figure, I quickly checked and there were no other players online, so I can only assume it was a zombie chasing the animal. Is this a new feature I've never seen Zombies interact with other animals before?

Also it was a little unnerving in the darkness, especially with the speed it was going, not even players seem to run that fast!

Yep. Zombies chase wildlife. I have seen several zombies trained onto a single cow and said cow runs into the ocean with the zombies following.

• Like 2

It is indeed pretty funny to watch, I have even experienced zombies kill a deer for me when I didn't have any gun to shoot it with and when I was close to starvation. I repaid their kindness by cleaving their skulls with my axe.

This chasing behaviour is not a new thing though, they have been doing it since wildlife was introduced to the game.

• Like 2

the zeds have been chasing animals since we have had animals in the game to hunt. sometimes you will even find a dead animal that has not been skinned and a zed lurking nearby. I found a chicken like this just about an hour ago.

• Like 1

I make it my duty to save defenseless animals from zeds.

Also I am hoping for bears and wolves, so I can watch zeds get mauled by them. Shit is cash!

Funnier still is when you round up a pack of zombies and lead them to a cow that they chase around Berezino

I like this zombie behavior. Keeps me on my toes... see a zombie running have to make the determination if its chasing a player or an animal.

Yep. Zombies chase wildlife. I have seen several zombies trained onto a single cow and said cow runs into the ocean with the zombies following.

ha ha ha

That was one smart cow! I have seen the Z's chasing the wildlife but, never seen the animal fear for it's life. I would have been laughing for a while after that, NICE.

ha ha ha

That was one smart cow! I have seen the Z's chasing the wildlife but, never seen the animal fear for it's life. I would have been laughing for a while after that, NICE.

Ya me and few of our Clan were running around and saw this. Too bad we were not recording at the time.

If you encounter invisible zombies, try leading them to animals. They give up on you and chase animal. If you can find animals.

• Like 1

Downydan, on 18 Feb 2015 - 3:53 PM, said:

Ya me and few of our Clan were running around

and and saw this. Too bad we were not recording at the time.

Really no reason to record. It is something that most of the players have seen and it happens often