rain64

Should zombies be removed for now?

I just got attacked by several invisible zombies. I wasn't even in a building, they attacked me on the street with no chance for me to kill them. That has never happened to me so far.

The question is: should zombies be removed as long as they don't work correctly? Right now their only purpose is to annoy you beyond imagination, they don't add anything meaningful to the game . With the new update they even come silently from behind, not to mention that they track you through walls (and sometimes run through them as well). And how can they make you bleed by slapping you anyway? And why is the wound so big that you need to bandage every time?

I just don't see the point of having this incredibly broken thing in the game. Especially in something like the Survivor Gamez zombies shouldn't be in the game, they just ruin the experience for the players.

Edited by V-K

I just don't see the point of having this incredibly broken thing in the game. Especially in something like the Survivor Gamez zombies shouldn't be in the game, they just ruin the experience for the players.

they arent zombies...they are infected humans. they are still alive.

they arent zombies...they are infected humans. they are still alive.

Who cares? They are broken as hell.

No.

Even if they are broken and a bit rubbish they are better than nothing and, at the absolute minimum, they are good as alarm systems to warn you if another player is nearby.

Also, they cause me issues when I am carrying a rfile in my hands because I already have one on my back.  Do I just shoot the damn thing which will make a load of noise and advertise my position to everyone within a mile, or risk dropping the gun and switch to melee weapon?

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 2

Nope. It's early alpha. Lots of things don't work right or aren't fully implemented. That's the whole point of alpha. If that's not something you want to deal with, then just play something else until the game is further developed.

• Like 3

Yes DayZ should not have zombies. Yes. DayZ.

• Like 1

Nope. It's early alpha. Lots of things don't work right or aren't fully implemented. That's the whole point of alpha. If that's not something you want to deal with, then just play something else until the game is further developed.

But what about SGZ? I think broken mechanics like that should not exist in a competitive environment.

Yes DayZ should not have zombies. Yes. DayZ.

I don't think you understood the point of this thread.

Edited by V-K

I don't think you understood the point of this thread.

I don't think you have understood the purpose of early access.

• Like 4