Blanketparty

Hanging people

And if you don't think for a second Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpten wouldn't jump on it, the moment one african american player model got hung from a tree, crying racism, you lead one sheltered life.

Oh a game where you could hang people and might hang a black person? Man that sure sounds racist.

Maybe there should be a script where if you try to shoot a person using a black person skin a window prompts up "CANNOT FIRE: CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE". That way no one might interpret dayz as racist. Also Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are considered jokes and opportunists in world opinion. And your law does not apply to video game worlds.

• Like 1

Oh a game where you could hang people and might hang a black person? Man that sure sounds racist

Maybe there should be a script where if you try to shoot a person using a black person skin a window prompts up "CANNOT FIRE: CULTURALLY INSENSITIVE". That way no one might interpret dayz as racist. Also Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are considered jokes and opportunists in world opinion. And your law does not apply to video game worlds.

I've been trying to tell him that. No matter how blunt it goes right over his head. The law has no authority over virtual worlds. There is no law that will exist in games and never will. I mean HATRED is a game about mindless killing. Of course its an outrageous concept , but that's much more insensitive than putting an option to killing yourself or others in a zombie survival game. He has no case whatsoever.

I've been trying to tell him that. No matter how blunt it goes right over his head. The law has no authority over virtual worlds. There is no law that will exist in games and never will. I mean HATRED is a game about mindless killing. Of course its an outrageous concept , but that's much more insensitive than putting an option to killing yourself or others in a zombie survival game. He has no case whatsoever.

Yeah, his interpretation of the law is ridiculous. I haven't heard of any Americans playing dayz being arrested for possession of an unregistered automatic weapon by the ATF because their player picked up an AKM. As far as options go, you can eat other players. You can eat another player yet big media has not take note of dayz as much as they did when GTA 3 was released in the early 2000s.

• Like 2

Avoiding a feature because "it could offend somebody" is never the right way to go. I'm personally for hanging, whether suicide of hanging someone else. It would add greatly to the brutal atmosphere

Edited by ValentinBk

Amateurish.  What DayZ needs is more scaphism.  All those boats lying about on the sea shore, doing nothing...

• Like 1

Assumes american law applies to the whole world. *sigh*.

It does to the developing company if they wish to publish it over in North America. We also have the same type of laws standards in Canada.

Some things in games would be hard to include because I see players in the age groups of 12 playing this game. Unless it gets censored for 18+ we all have laws standards.

BI would explain this way better then I could ever have. But most countries have similar laws standards in videogames.

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

It does to the developing company if they wish to publish it over in North America. We also have the same type of laws standards in Canada.

Some things in games would be hard to include because I see players in the age groups of 12 playing this game. Unless it gets censored for 18+ we all have laws standards.

BI would explain this way better then I could ever have. But most countries have similar laws standards in videogames.

We do have a law here in the U.S. that makes the games include an age appropriate rating. I'm not sure about the age ratings for PC games but it sure doesn't stop a squeeker from KOS.

Some things in games would be hard to include because I see players in the age groups of 12 playing this game. Unless it gets censored for 18+ we all have laws standards.

Video games aren't cigarettes. They can be rated for adults but parents can still buy them for their kids legally. I love how you think hanging is immoral but ignore all the other mature content such as cannibalism. DayZ isn't going to censor itself because some kids convinced their parents to purchase it for them.

Honestly I'm both for it and against it let me tell you why.

Pros:

1.) It adds more roleplaying having public hangings...Life if someone kills or steals.

2.) Adds more ways to interact with people..Given it isn't positive interaction but its still at least some form of interaction.

3.) You can kill yourself easier.

Cons.:

1.) Bandits can be more brutal.

2.) Someone could log as your trying to hang him...Of course if he is handcuffed then he will lose all of his stuff anyway.

3.) It will be scary at night even more...You have a flashlight and you aim it at a tree and you just see someone hanging there...Spooky.

It would be fun to hang people in this game but there would of course be glitches as there is with everything.

I'm not for this.

I like the game, but when it becomes all about exploring the most gruesome ways to kill and discard of other players, it kinda gets a little much. Where do you draw the line?

I'm sure there are other games out there that cater to people fulfilling the most brutal of deaths upon other players, but there is far more to DayZ as a survival game than that.

That is going the direction of killer terrorist simulator. 'Lets add the most vile sicko ways to dispose of the other players that enjoy playing the game. Hey get killed and start again... bored with it? Well we'll add more and more gruesome ways to die for your pleasure.... no thanks.

Honestly I'm both for it and against it let me tell you why.

Pros:

1.) It adds more roleplaying having public hangings...Life if someone kills or steals.

2.) Adds more ways to interact with people..Given it isn't positive interaction but its still at least some form of interaction.

3.) You can kill yourself easier.

Cons.:

1.) Bandits can be more brutal.

2.) Someone could log as your trying to hang him...Of course if he is handcuffed then he will lose all of his stuff anyway.

3.) It will be scary at night even more...You have a flashlight and you aim it at a tree and you just see someone hanging there...Spooky.

It would be fun to hang people in this game but there would of course be glitches as there is with everything.

I'm with you on that although It looks as if the cons you've provided are still subjective (not counting Con #2). Bandits will be be bandits for one. Me bringing this up in the forums was a product of

thinking like a bandit. Or at least like a person placed in a survival setting where free choice is key in reflecting what morals you as the player decide to value. Being hanged is a hell of a way to go

and in the right context adds extra depth to the story you make of the DayZ experience. If you're just a bandit hanging all in sight . Cool you're sonofabitchbastard. But that's okay because it was your choice. Maybe word will get around about your douchebaggery and some hero is now set on a quest to kill the crazed man wrapping ropes around bambi necks for shits n gigs. It's stuff like this that I think about. But also ,You're right about the third one although it may not be spooky to someone else it does attempt to paint a story

and in my opinion would give the witness of such an atrocity a sense of curiosity about the happenings that lead to that person being hanged. Now for me, even just finding a dead body strung out on the pavement makes me immediately wonder how and why this person is dead with or without a noose around his neck; and that is my point. Certain people playing dayz will marvel at the sights and sounds and immersion of the idea of the game and try to make what they can out of the tools given. Having the option to hang of course would not make or break any aspect of the game. That's not what I'd hoped to suggest. It just struck me one day when I stepped back and thought to myself " Hmm what if I had the option to hang people in the game? wouldn't this be a viable option in a real life apocolyptic setting if someone had done something so unforgivable/Indiscriminate in a survival situation? how would that add to the Roleplaying? How could this affect the outcomes of certain situations?

A whole lot of extra animations, scripts and intercharacter dependencies that would take a LONG while to develop for basically... flavour?

Not even mentioning what goes on in peoples heads suggesting such stuff.

• Like 1

A whole lot of extra animations, scripts and intercharacter dependencies that would take a LONG while to develop for basically... flavour?

Not even mentioning what goes on in peoples heads suggesting such stuff.

I'll tell you whats going on in my head to "suggest such stuff". I want to have the option to hang somebody. WOW, that's psychotic.

I know what I'm talking about, I've seen it, no assumptions, old neighborhood in florida, guys yard get stormed on halloween because he had a noose hanging from a tree with a mummy on it ( didn't know mummy was a race ), the crowd screaming racism and tore it down.

Now who has the " I'm right, you're wrong " attitude?

But could you at least acknowledge, that there are other people in the world, who are far more open minded and dont pull the racist card as quick??

Also the whole "Where the base amount of player live" argument, is kinda pointless, as the game is taking place in a fictional ex soviet country, and not America. America merely "brought freedom" to Chernarus.

@OP

I think its a great idea.

We can already tie people up, we can cut them with knifes, we can kill them with disinfectant, forcefeed them and blindfold them, along with numerous other things.

How did hanging become worse then most of what we already got, and will get? :P

Edited by Byrgesen

Fun fact of the day, it wasn't passed. Even says it up top of the link.

"Introduced:

Jan 7, 2011

112th Congress, 2011–2013

Died in a previous Congress

This bill was introduced on January 7, 2011, in a previous "

Your argument is invalid.

But could you at least acknowledge, that there are other people in the world, who are far more open minded and dont pull the racist card as quick??

Also the whole "Where the base amount of player live" argument, is kinda pointless, as the game is taking place in a fictional ex soviet country, and not America. America merely "brought freedom" to Chernarus.

@OP

I think its a great idea.

We can already tie people up, we can cut them with knifes, we can kill them with disinfectant, forcefeed them and blindfold them, along with numerous other things.

How did hanging become worse then most of what we already got, and will get? :P

I'm with you and its not even becuase you agree. You just have a lot more sense then that other guy by far. I just think its silly to think that they wpuldnt even consider it. And to overexaggerate the amount of effort put into making it happen. I mean suicide is a much more controversial subject imo and that just came our of nowhere.

Nope, actually never fully passed.  A quick click of the link you provided, followed by a quick reading of the first full sentence on the page and...

"I'm just a Bill, yes I'm only a Bill, aaannnnndddd I'm sittin' here on Capitol Hill."

I'm with you on that although It looks as if the cons you've provided are still subjective (not counting Con #2). Bandits will be be bandits for one. Me bringing this up in the forums was a product of

thinking like a bandit. Or at least like a person placed in a survival setting where free choice is key in reflecting what morals you as the player decide to value. Being hanged is a hell of a way to go

and in the right context adds extra depth to the story you make of the DayZ experience. If you're just a bandit hanging all in sight . Cool you're sonofabitchbastard. But that's okay because it was your choice. Maybe word will get around about your douchebaggery and some hero is now set on a quest to kill the crazed man wrapping ropes around bambi necks for shits n gigs. It's stuff like this that I think about. But also ,You're right about the third one although it may not be spooky to someone else it does attempt to paint a story

and in my opinion would give the witness of such an atrocity a sense of curiosity about the happenings that lead to that person being hanged. Now for me, even just finding a dead body strung out on the pavement makes me immediately wonder how and why this person is dead with or without a noose around his neck; and that is my point. Certain people playing dayz will marvel at the sights and sounds and immersion of the idea of the game and try to make what they can out of the tools given. Having the option to hang of course would not make or break any aspect of the game. That's not what I'd hoped to suggest. It just struck me one day when I stepped back and thought to myself " Hmm what if I had the option to hang people in the game? wouldn't this be a viable option in a real life apocolyptic setting if someone had done something so unforgivable/Indiscriminate in a survival situation? how would that add to the Roleplaying? How could this affect the outcomes of certain situations?

Like if you hang yourself have a note on you telling people why you hung yourself. But the pro's outway the con's I guess so I honestly love the idea...Just got to draw a line for the bandits...Time to clean my Mosin and go Bandit sniping whenever I see them with a newspawn. Honestly cannibalism has been in the game for a couple of months and I haven't eaten anyone yet. Although my friend and I might try it later today and see how well it goes.

Well Hi guys!!

How about implementing a new way to suicide / kill players in the following way,

By gathering rope, wire or animal guts and hang yourself or player from a tree branch :thumbsup:  ^_^ ??? Even go one step further the longer one hangs from the tree the more flies gets attracted by the smell of dead body ?

Cherio!

Well Hi guys!!

How about implementing a new way to suicide / kill players in the following way,

By gathering rope, wire or animal guts and hang yourself or player from a tree branch :thumbsup:  ^_^ ??? Even go one step further the longer one hangs from the tree the more flies gets attracted by the smell of dead body ?

Cherio!

Merged. 

Well Hi guys!!

Cherio!

Hi.